Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 473877 times)

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 4.19.06
« Reply #2160 on: April 21, 2006, 06:39 PM »
Hi, I don't post in this section very often as I don't customise myself but I check in here quite often too look at new customs and always check yours chewie as the paint jobs on them really are impressive. The reason I've decided to post is because I just saw the brilliant vehicle custom you made... there just something about vehicle customs that I find impressive and this one didn't let me down... hope too see more of them in the future.
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: April 21, 2006, 10:42 PM »
Chewie,

Great walker vehicle! I always thought that that Mini-Rig looked like it belonged atop a pair or chicken legs (it's design  was actually based on an early sketch for the AT-ST) :)  If I had more than the 3 I have set aside for an Imperial Scout Air Speeder patrol, I'd do a similar custom in a heartbeat!

The Qui Gon looks very cool and deceptively simple in overall design, which can be a very good thing sometimes. Often customizers can "overdo" a custom, but this one is just perfect in it's simplicity.

As for the new version of the Rykrof series, Option #3 provides the best of both worlds- large pic for details, yet a cinematic faux widescreen appearance. Option #3 gets my vote!
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: April 24, 2006, 11:42 AM »
Thanks my friends for your nice comments and the suggestions on the presentation of the photonovel pics.

On the Qui Gon, I will probably keep the boots as they are, I guess I'm just really lazy or don't have the eye for detail sometimes, but to me they are close enough.  As long as they have the basic shape/color in a similar fashion, I'm ok.  I guess that's why I make so much fan-fic stuff.

I didn't customize this past weekend!  Wow that's the first time in a while.  I was too busy playing dodgeball, partying and recovering from the pain to do too much but have a project or two this week I'd like to start on and have a ton of photonovel work to catch up on...

:)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: April 24, 2006, 01:18 PM »
GEEZE.... I just found out that I am a victim of identy theft.  Unbelievable.  I check my bank account online and have  negative balace.  Some piece of ________ in Los Angeles used my card all weekend.   >:(   ::) 

:-\

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
« Reply #2164 on: April 24, 2006, 03:16 PM »
That stinks.  I had it happen to me a few years back and the credit card company took care of it for me and reversed all the charges.  I hope it all works out for you.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: April 24, 2006, 03:33 PM »
OMG Chewie! That's terrible! How did they do that? That's going to be terrible to fix.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: April 24, 2006, 04:16 PM »
GEEZE.... I just found out that I am a victim of identy theft.  Unbelievable.  I check my bank account online and have  negative balace.  Some piece of ________ in Los Angeles used my card all weekend.   >:(   ::) 

:-\

Well, it wasn't me!  ;D

Your bank should reverse all the charges and restore your funds, Chewie. It's a pain, but you should be made whole again.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: April 24, 2006, 05:50 PM »
When it rains, it pours!  I've had a lot of really ridiculous stuff happen lately.  I don't know how someone got my information, but they bought all kinds of stuff online (including some naughty website memberships and some sort of delivery for something for $225.00).  My bank said I'll get everything back, but it's just another hassle that I didn't want.  I hope they catch the loser.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: April 24, 2006, 07:29 PM »
hey chewie sorry to hear about your credit, that totally blows.  i have a hard enough time paying and keeping track of my credit, let alone for some A Hole to come along and start screwing it up.  since i'm in the LA area you find out who he is and I'll rustle up some of the other LA guys here and we'll all go down and kick his ass for you.  ;D
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: April 25, 2006, 12:19 PM »
Thanks Jedipurge, it's just a hassle more than anything for me. 

Also as a reminder, April 30 is the deadline for submissions for the title of the Rykrof Enloe series.  If you have a good title suggestion please email it to me at rykrofenloe@yahoo.com, many more details on this at www.yakface.com

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: April 26, 2006, 01:40 AM »
since i'm in the LA area you find out who he is and I'll rustle up some of the other LA guys here and we'll all go down and kick his ass for you.  ;D

Im down for that.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: April 27, 2006, 01:42 AM »
Just wanted to let you know I made a Clone Wars version of Obi-Wan based on you're model. It really looks a thousand times better than the CW Obi-Wan Hasbro supplied last year. :) I'm not gonna post any pictures, but I thought it might cheer you up a bit, if you were feeling blue or something.
I might try Shaak Ti later tonight. I took her apart in December, but didn't find that right parts I envisioned for a female mechanic custom, so I may just put her together again with clone parts.

Just a question though, have you ever tried to make CW style Jedi with ROTS Kit, Plo, or Saesee Tiin. I'm not sure how their legs are structured, but maybe it'd work itself out. Might try those too. :D Have a good one!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: April 28, 2006, 02:06 AM »
Thanks Jediknight - I haven't tried those custom Jedi like you are asking about, but hopefully can soon and give and idea of how they turn out for me.  Looking forward to more of your work soon too!

And sorry, I went 10 days without a custom update so, I worked hard tonight to customize this -

AC-AC (All Climate Armored Crawler)

Mostly made from a GI JOE vehicle and repainted.  I figure the Republic could use something like for both desert and snow environments.  I hope Rykrof will like riding around in it too. 

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 4.28.06
« Reply #2173 on: April 28, 2006, 05:57 AM »
Hi Chewie

Sorry to hear about the credit card but least the bank is going to refund it all back that's something.

AC-AC- I can't belive how well you make these GI Joes vehicles turn out this is awesome, again you've given it the right amount of weathering without going over board well done mate.

Ron

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 4.28.06
« Reply #2174 on: April 28, 2006, 08:19 AM »
Chewie - the AC-AC is awesome.  I picked up this same Joe vehicle at TRU with the intention of making a clone trooper tank thing also.  I think I'll have to let mine sit for a while  ;)