Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474080 times)

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 5.08.06
« Reply #2220 on: May 8, 2006, 03:39 AM »
About the sullustan, I think you can easily fix that by adding a white dot of paint in the eyes or painting them in GLOSS black paint. I like him, but I like the jedi better. Very cool use of parts.
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: May 8, 2006, 05:23 AM »
Ah a Chewie update! Always a good cap to the weekend! Hmmm. Let me see here...

NOU LEBBIN: I like this one a lot, mostly where the parts choice is concerned. At first I didn't think the Pintel body looked Star Wars enough, but then I looked a little closer and really started to like it. The skin tone looks great and the Behk/Faytonni boots add the right SW element. One thing that underwhelms me though, is the fact that so much of the outfit matches the skin color. It washes this guy out and makes him less impressive than he could be.  I'd suggest darkening the boots, and maybe the shirt, and maybe go with some greenish pants. I agree that his eyes need a gloss as well.

If you did something along those lines, I think he'd do from a good custom to a great custom. he'd almost look like a down on his luck stage actor, or perhaps a drunken Senator. Maybe he represents Massachusetts.  ;D

KALA MLY SHUNDI: I like that you vary up the costumes on your recurring characters, and this is a nice outfit for Kala. I dig the gloves, nice blending with the Obi-Wan sleeves; I wouldn't have thought it would look good but you pulled it off quite well. I think the Dooku legs are a little long for the body, though...they're creating the illusion that his waistband is unnecessarily high. It makes him look like he's yelling at kids to get off his lawn.  :P

-DD
« Last Edit: May 8, 2006, 05:25 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: May 8, 2006, 12:14 PM »
Thanks guys. Maybe a white dot on his eyes is a good idea... and I definitely need to darken his boots.  I'll do that for sure.

:)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: May 8, 2006, 01:46 PM »
Hey Chewie - nice update.  I've already commented on Kala but as far as NOU LEBBIN I think he looks cool.  I agree with the other's assesments, maybe try to change up the boots to give him a bit of variety.  I picked up a couple of POTC figures to use as custom fodder.  Glad to see what one can be used for.  Any assesment of how well the figure joints fit with SW figures?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: May 8, 2006, 03:17 PM »
I was wondering about those POTC figures. It looks like they are fairly compatible as far as scale goes. I wonder why the small ones are $6.99 while the big ones are $7.99. Nice integration on Nou Lebbin. He does need different color boots though. 
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: May 8, 2006, 03:28 PM »
Nou Lebbin- Love to see more Sullustans, and great use of the POTC2 Pintel parts. The POTC2 line seems really good for SW customs. But I would suggest painting the boots a different color. 4.6/5

Kala Mly Shundi- The Dooku legs and pilot Obi body looks really great together. 5/5

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: May 8, 2006, 03:40 PM »
Great stuff as usual Chewie. I managed to snag a couple of POTC2 figs over the weekend. I picked up the Elisabeth Swan fig for custom fodder,(which doesnt look a thing like her BTW), and Capt. Jack. HIm I keep just because hes Capt. Jack. ;D

The sculpts on thse things are great. But the articulation needs work. They are articluated but because of the sculpt they wont move. ??? Why bother?

The sullustan looks great that Pintel body may have merit yet.

I like the jedi too. The legs look pretty good on that body.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: May 8, 2006, 04:16 PM »
I like Nou Lebbin, the PotC works as a great base figure and I can see him being a sort of high class guy or something. The thing I like about the base figure is that he can go both ways...he good be a cantina barfly or a rich Coruscanti. One complaint is that the boots are the same exact color of the pants, but that's what everyone is saying.

Kala Mly Shundi looks pretty cool too. I've always liked this character, the Jedi Youngling head looks suprisinly natural. The gloves look cool too unexpectedly. The legs look a little out of proportion with his belt and torso, but that's a minor complaint and it's still a great custom.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: May 11, 2006, 02:12 AM »
Thanks again for all the comments.  I couldn't sleep so here I am online for a minute and it's against my nature to go long without an update so here's at least another photonovel preview pic.

Offline The_Tin_Man

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Site
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated thursday 5.11.06
« Reply #2229 on: May 11, 2006, 09:01 AM »
Can't wait to see more keep up the good work  :)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: May 11, 2006, 09:44 AM »
Nice preview Chewie.  How do you keep that battle droid that gets shot from falling over??

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: May 11, 2006, 04:45 PM »
Nice preview Chewie.  How do you keep that battle droid that gets shot from falling over??

He scrapes chewing gum off the desks in the lunch room at work, and uses it as a temporary adhesive.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #2232 on: May 11, 2006, 04:50 PM »
The problem (and bonus) of dropping out of the forums for a few weeks is that I get to go through a million CHEWIE-customs.   ;)

The Imperial Fire Trooper is awesome!  I love the simplicity of it, the parts work very well.

Of course, the new General Snodd rocks.  I really like the combination of the Neimoidian Warrior's chest armor and the bottom of the Imperial Tunic.  Obviously, the drybrushing is perfect.

The updated photonovel pics are looking good too.

Keep it up CHEWIE!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: May 12, 2006, 08:56 PM »
Nice Update.

I love the Photo Novel Preview Pics and can't wait to see the end results.

NOU LEBBIN> Great Use of the pirates of the Caribean Fig. I still Can't Figure out what to do with the few I've picked up.

Keep um commin!
Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: May 13, 2006, 04:38 PM »
Thanks.  Good news I got a new custom completed last night that I *think* you all will like a lot.  Pics tomorrow.   :)