Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 472203 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS updated Tuesday 7.25.06
« Reply #2550 on: July 26, 2006, 05:24 PM »
 :'(

COMMANDER TYRE> What did that poor Concept trooper ever do to you. Just kiddin Chewie. Great looking trooper. I like the helmet markings very Imperial Commandoesque and I commend you on your brave use of such rare fodder.

I really like what your doing over at Yakface, Great job at bringing more attention to the Hobby :)

Keep up the good work!
Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS updated Tuesday 7.25.06
« Reply #2551 on: July 27, 2006, 10:33 AM »
Thanks Fritz, yes at Yak I am trying to expose more people to what we do, and trying to do it gently without making it annoying.  Because every now and then you get someone who thinks it's too much "in your face" which isn't something I want to do, is piss anyone off.  But so far I think things are going great!

Here are some new updates.

TROUW GOON

head - POTC Pablo Jill
hands - POTC Pablo Jill
jacket - POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper
rest - SAGA2 Garindan

note - I know his legs/knees aren't accurate to his species... I can't find my extra set of Pablo legs!

FREELO

head - ROTS Meena Tills
hands - ROTS Meena Tills
torso - ROTS Kit Fisto
arms - ROTS Kit Fisto
belt piece - OTC Skiff Lando
legs - VSTC Tusken Raider

RYKROF ENLOE

head - SAGA Endor Rebel
arms - SAGA Imperial Officer
torso - SAGA Imperial Officer
thighs - SAGA Imperial Officer
shins - ROTS Clone Pilot
gloves - SAGA2 Firespeeder pilot
chest armor - SAGA2 Death Star Gunner

ALYSSA ENLOE

head - GI JOE Bombstrike
torso - ROTS Luminara
arms - ROTS Padme
legs - ROTS Shaak Ti
skirt - ROTS Shaak Ti

note - I know her arms aren't the same skin tone as her face... I had to shorten this figure a lot or she would have been taller than Rykrof, including shortening the waist and legs. Also her shoulders look pretty round, no matter how I tried to position them they kind of have that look. This was my second attempt at this custom actually, with the first ROTS Luminara body I used last week, I tried to make her arm sockets deeper to hide the shoulders, but it didn't work out too well.

:)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 10:49 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Swede

• Youngling
  • Burt Reynolds flew X-Wings?
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS updated Thursday 7.27.06
« Reply #2552 on: July 27, 2006, 11:03 AM »
As Austin Powers would say: Very GRRRRRRRR Baby! Very GRRRRRRRRR .....

Wow Chewie, what a great custom.  I've been peaking around the custom section over the last couple of days to get some ideas for my pn.  I really dig it when the customizer gives up the recipe. and you've always been great about that.  The only things I barely noticed were what you've already pointed out.

I really like the fabric appliocation of shaktis skirt, it just puts that great finishing touch on it.  I'm sure you've heard this before, but it does make me chuckle that Rykofs wife deffinately bares a resemblance to Six in BSG.

When ol' Enloe is getting some lovin' from his lady, he'd better watch for that red glow along her spine  ;)

Great job as always, man.

-Swede
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Offline monstermonkey

• Youngling
  • What is this... "llama" you speak of?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: July 28, 2006, 10:09 AM »
Great job as always, Chewie....I especially love the TROUW GOON....I'd buy a bunch of him! I never was able to get a Pablo Jill figure, but that's one crazy looking alien I'd like a ton of. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: July 28, 2006, 12:40 PM »
Thanks for the feedback guys, it's very appreciated.  Always fun to hear what you guys have to say.

Also coming soon....

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: July 28, 2006, 01:10 PM »
Its Friday.  Chewie promised 5 customs (he's delivered 4), 1 Rykrof Chapter Re-Do, and 1 Rykrof new chapter.  :)  You have less than 12 hours  ;)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: July 28, 2006, 01:11 PM »
Oops, I just went back to the post.  He didn't promise the new Chapters until "within a week".  Consider yourself reprived (slightly)

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #2557 on: July 28, 2006, 04:04 PM »
Awesome customs, Chewie. On Alyssa, cut her right arm off at the top of the glve thing and reverse it. It looks better that way, I can't tell if you already did it though.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: July 28, 2006, 11:54 PM »
Its Friday.  Chewie promised 5 customs (he's delivered 4), 1 Rykrof Chapter Re-Do, and 1 Rykrof new chapter.  :)  You have less than 12 hours  ;)

It's like an episode of "24"!

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: July 29, 2006, 11:19 AM »
Time to play catch-up.

Great looking work as always. I see your really having fun with the new fodder that we've gotten lately.

TROUW GOON> The Garidan body is a great base for a universe of possabilities. (That would be a great Ideal for a Challenge, Kind of like the Secret ingredient in an Iron Chef Match), Each month we could have a base figure and see what Customizers come up with. I'd be willing to donate some prizes for that. Oops got a little side tracked, now back to the figure critique. This aliens design has alway looked very odd to me, I've never really been able to accept it into the Star Wars Universe, even though I know it's Cannon. The Hands look very natural on the Body but the Head does'nt quite work. Mabey a longer neck post would help.
Of course the Legs are wrong which you've pointed out yourself. I'd suggest shooting him from the wast up for your Photo Novels.

RYKROF ENLOE> Another great body to use for an "Iron Customizers Challenge". Enloe looks good in black. Oops I just realized the only part from the DS Gunner is the Chest Plate. The hole thing flowed together so seemlessly, I assumed it was just a head swap. Thats a credit to your skills Chewie. This Figure looks factory, Great Job.

FREELO> Good clean looking custom, only I think Mon Cals usually wear stiffer looking duds. Freelo looks a little to casual for a scientist. Infact, I'd say he almost looks more like a Jedi Padawan in that outfit. Could we be seeing a major life change for Freelow??

ALYSSA ENLOE> This is the Gem of the bunch as well as the Gem in the Rykrof Series. Great Parts selection. Very believable lookind gown. I think this is my new favorite Alyssa custom. Great job!

CHAOS> Very forbodeing looking Preview pic. Can't wait to see what it turns out like.

Great Job Chewie, keep up the good work.
Fritzkrieg

Fritzkrieg

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: July 29, 2006, 10:16 PM »
Excellent new Rykrof Chewie. I like the use of the new DS gunner chest armor. I was wondering what you were going to do with that figure when you found one.

Alyssa is hot as usual. I wish you would have matched the color of the arms to her head. It looks kind of strange having skin exposed that doesn't match the head color.  But I know how impossible that is to get right. Great set of new figures Chewie.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: July 30, 2006, 02:41 AM »
"Impressive, most impressive." Darth Vader :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: July 30, 2006, 06:41 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback guys on the figures guys.  I will try and have a few more up soon.

Also, on the photonovel front as soon as I get the dialogue together, #7 - CHAOS will be posted.  Here's a couple more teaser pics.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS PN preview Sunday 7.30.06
« Reply #2563 on: July 30, 2006, 11:44 PM »
the teaser pics look awsome!

the pic with roron and shaak-ti is outstanding! it look like striaght from a movie. excellent job, the effects are great and i' really looking forward to seeing this chapter.....

is this pic from the geo arena? it certainly looks like it would be a great one!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS PN preview Sunday 7.30.06
« Reply #2564 on: July 31, 2006, 12:12 AM »
Its acutally up at yakface, and might I say Justin its kicks ass.