Author Topic: T_K's Customs Better pix of shadow trooper pg. 6  (Read 18461 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Gree Wanna Be? Conceptual Jungle Commander?
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2005, 03:17 PM »
I can't wait to see how that SSA Clone turned out  ;D
Post some pics soon  ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
Re: cuple updates, rehashes
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2005, 09:33 PM »
updated
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2005, 11:01 PM »
That Clone Wars WIP Mace just blows me away! I never liked that figure so I've never bought one, but that looks great so far that I may wanna try that myself!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2005, 11:44 PM »
I got to agree. That clone wars Mace is very cool. I like how you made his outfit purple. Sam Jackson would approve. He's very bad ass.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2005, 12:13 AM »
Thanks Guys!  Actually the Robes are brown.  I mixed brown and black until i got the same shade of production brown.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2005, 09:06 AM »
Hey ya'll,

HALO TROOPER AND THE GRUNT
The orange isnt exact, but it looks OK next to Cody.  I tried to match the blue with Appo but again not quite the same. 

Impressive!!!  I love the Cody, Appo and that pilot guy!!!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2005, 12:46 PM »
All of your customs are done really well. I really like the CW Mace and the Talon Karrde.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2005, 07:34 PM »
Thanks ya'll.  Cody, appo, and Karrde are not my work though. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2005, 10:33 PM »
Is Tony Rice who you are referring to?

Cool stuff here!  Is the Cody from Owen D at www.owenscustoms.com - it look just like the one he made for me.

Let's see here... lots of great work in this update.

Mace Windu - I admire you for trying to make something postitive out of that CW figure, but to me it's just a bad figure on Hasbro's part.  You did great work on it, but I think that some sort of combo w/ Clone parts might be the way to go.  I have one started actually, hope to have a pic or two of it tonight.  If not tonight, definitely early in the week.

Scuba Clone - Very interesting concept.  I'm kinda partial to the EP2 Clone Pilot helmets, but what you did here is awesome.  Good use of parts in creating an original figure.

Dark Luke - That's really cool!  Good to see Luke get some attention again, seems most of us have neglected him for a long time.

:P

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2005, 10:18 AM »
Is Tony Rice who you are referring to?

Cool stuff here!  Is the Cody from Owen D at www.owenscustoms.com - it look just like the one he made for me.

Let's see here... lots of great work in this update.

Mace Windu - I admire you for trying to make something postitive out of that CW figure, but to me it's just a bad figure on Hasbro's part.  You did great work on it, but I think that some sort of combo w/ Clone parts might be the way to go.  I have one started actually, hope to have a pic or two of it tonight.  If not tonight, definitely early in the week.

Scuba Clone - Very interesting concept.  I'm kinda partial to the EP2 Clone Pilot helmets, but what you did here is awesome.  Good use of parts in creating an original figure.

Dark Luke - That's really cool!  Good to see Luke get some attention again, seems most of us have neglected him for a long time.

Thanks Chewie, actually the "Scuba" clone is a Halo Clone that jubjubjedi rendered on paper and AESEVEN7 rendered in plastic.  All the pix are over at RS. 

I wish more folks read posts 1st before replying!  ;D  I wanted to make sure EVERYONE got credit for their work. Yes Cody and Appo are Owens work that he did for me.  Luke is Eric Schroder's, Yes! I think it was Tony Rice who did the head for Karrde.

Yeah, that mace seemed to me a lost cause; but I really liked the body and cloak.  I cant wait to see yours Chewie.

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Talon_Karrde's Customs
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2006, 10:31 AM »
Well, I finally got around to doing a Parjai trooper.  the cast is obviously from Glassman, and a very good cast it is.  I did a lot of sanding and triming, i am so anal about getting the right look its not funny.  Most of the reff pix i've seen of these guys, they look as if they've been through the ringer a time or 10.  I used three different white paints to try and match up the #41 trooper.  I dry brushed the body with a flat white to kinda blend in with the helmet.  the accessiories and gear aren't exact, but I'm pretty happy how it came out.  the outside pix dont seem to pick up alot of the helmet detail, but you can get an idea.

The jedi i really like how it turned out.  the drybrushing really brought out the details, and this seems to be my best one yet with the newley learned skill.  ;D

I also dry brushed the hand and head with a dark gray, and I love the effect.  it really brings out all of the detail.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Talon_Karrde's Customs Update pg5
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2006, 12:07 PM »
I think the Parjai trooper look great.  He definitely has the weathered look of the original reference shots.  I think its a real good use of accessories on his belt clip.  As far as the ammo pouch, one thing I done is take pieces of the #41 antenna and cut them into this pieces.  They work very well for the round ammo clips (or whatever they are supposed to be).

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2006, 01:01 PM »
I think the Parjai trooper look great.  He definitely has the weathered look of the original reference shots.  I think its a real good use of accessories on his belt clip.  As far as the ammo pouch, one thing I done is take pieces of the #41 antenna and cut them into this pieces.  They work very well for the round ammo clips (or whatever they are supposed to be).

Thanks BrentS.  I never though of using the antenna, and since my sculpting  skills are........well i dont have ANY skill in that department; i only used what i had.   ;D

Cheers

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2006, 03:18 PM »
Very good work on the trooper, the accessories you used along with Glassman's helmet make it one of the best I've seen.  Those troops just look mean.  I can't believe Hasbro hasn't made it yet.

The Jedi looks very good.  I don't like that Anakin body a lot but you made it look much better.  Great dry brushing, that technique really can make a good custom great.  His skin tone looks very real.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2006, 01:00 AM »
Hey Talon,

Great job on the Parjai. One area I think you really excel is in choosing and implementing various accessories into your customs. You did it with your red and black bounty hunter awhile back, and now here. The ammo belt looks great on this.

If I wear to change anything I would go with a heavier fabric on the softgoods kama, and fold the edges toward the inside and sew them to avoid unrealistic looking fraying. I'd also drybrush a little silver and black on the "heavy wear" areas of the armor, especially on the legs and thighs, and across the shoulder plates to simulate paint wear and chipping.

The Jedi is damn near flawless. I must say, the improvements you've made in your technique is really evident here. The drybrushing brings out just the right amount of detail in the leather jerkin and on the head and hands. The color selection on the robes is also well thought out and seems logical for a Jedi. A lot of people have made Sakiyan Jedi, but I think I'm going to choose this as my favorite thus far.

Keep up the good work!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!