Author Topic: Commander CuDa's Customs  (Read 16828 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: SLAVE I CUSTOM
« Reply #15 on: June 5, 2005, 10:21 PM »
Can't wait to see it!  Pics are a must!  ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
Re: My first Clone Custom (New Pics)
« Reply #16 on: June 5, 2005, 10:59 PM »
i will try it then cuase im not a fan of the clear coat i have used . It does look a little more glossy then in life but im gonna try that stuff . thanks
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 5, 2005, 11:03 PM »
o for sure pics will be all over the site when i get done but it may be a few weeks .

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 6, 2005, 10:05 AM »
Hey guys
I made up my mind Im gonna do this paint job to look like a new imperial type slave I
    What I need to no is what kind of paint should I use (black and silver or gun metal grey)what brand what exact color and what clear coat brand should i use . Im going to air brush most of it im sure Im also thinking since its not the B fett slave I about making a name change (keeping the slave name involved) and putting ID on the flaps. Also what pilot I should use and maybe just make a custom pilot in a imperial uniform. I cant make up my mind but wanted to ask about your guys thoughts.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 6, 2005, 10:17 AM »
I only have experience in painting with good old fashioned acrylics... so I'm sorry that I'm not much help!

:P

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 6, 2005, 10:25 AM »
Even that helps . The only ever thing I ever customised was that green clone commander and afew clones I have been working on with micropens. I was thinking a flat black for the Slave for the base and Aglossy gun metla for the trim around the top or front of the ship.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 6, 2005, 01:17 PM »
that looks awesome, Iwanted to see how you did it because Iwant to paint my sa clone in the blue and orange variation. what paint did you use? was it testors paint?
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #22 on: June 6, 2005, 02:57 PM »
I've never tried airbrushing anything so I'm not sure what help I could be for that.
As for regular paint, I highly recommend Games Workshop (aka Citadel) brand acrylic paitns.  These are very high quality paints that go on really smooth and don't rub off like cheaper craft store acrylics.  I can't say enough great things about Games Workshop products, it's definitely worth the higher price tag. 
Specific Colors (off the top of my head):

Chaos Black (flat black)
Boltgun Metal (dark silvery color)
Mithril Silver (light silvery color)

Possible colors for insignias/logos:

Blood Red (bright red color)
Ultramarines Blue (nice, bright blue)
Goblin Green (medium green, kinda like grass)

Hope this helps man, here's the website if you don't have a Games Workshop or Hobby store near you : www.gamesworkshop.com
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 6, 2005, 03:08 PM »
Yeh I used testors and about 4 different brushes on it and a glossy clear coat . Although i wont be playing with that glossy stuff anymore the testors green is perfect color i think.
 I also tried a .05 micron pen blue (not royal) on a clone today and it was done in about half the time. I would try a micron pic from michaels craft shop. if you pic one up and use it doe about 3 coats to your toy with it and do not touch it or it will smear . It washes off very easy though with water . I added a clear coat to it and it looks very nice . Infact i got a green micron pen a brown one and orange and rubs it on my finger to smear it on the legs and it looks like dirt ... pretty cool.

I saw a web site that was saying they work and it works awesome . It alsmost even looks shaded and the tip on the pin works well but requires a few coats from it. But the green cloan in these pics was just testors paint . I used a boom brissle for the black claw marks on the head and leg . All this playing around with micron pens is working out very well though i can get very very sharp lines and when i had to do it on that green cloan with a long tip paint bursh .... it took forever . I also used liquid masking tape to help me get the lines better. Liquid masking tape just rubs off with your finger when your paint has dried and it looks like glue if you have never used it.

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: SLAVE I CUSTOM ;D
« Reply #24 on: June 6, 2005, 05:11 PM »
sweet just what i needed . Im guessing those paints should work on the figs to right ? I hope so I would like to have a pilot who matches . I read up today on the slave I some more. Found that after fett trashed the rest of them at a prison he was in (as the story goes) that they started to be built again well atleast a few it says . And that the Slave I was orignally posted at the prison as test patrol craft of some sort . Kinda cool eh .

Yeh but anyways those paints sound killer so Im gonna go hunt them down and go to down on this slave I over the next week or 2. Thanks again .  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: June 6, 2005, 05:50 PM »
For a little background on the ship (the background that I know anyway), the ship was stolen by Jango Fett from a penal colony/planet (ala Kessel) set within an asteroid.  The story pops up in "Bounty Hunter" the video game for Gamecube and PS2. 

There are other Slave I's there and he does destroy them but for fear of pursuit.  I believe I've heard the notion that his is the only Firespray Attack Ship, but other EU contradicts that and the Firesprays are not overly common, but there's more than one.  X-Wing: Alliance for instance features a Firespray in it prominently (a character in the game that is a relation to the character you play has a Firespray as his personal ship for instance).

The paintjob, actually, is exactly as it appears in Episode II (Not to rain on your custom idea...  By all means, it sounds great so I say go with what you want to do).  The color pattern to it in AOTC is that of a Republic "Police" ship (or Republic Standing Military perhaps) which is what it basically is I guess...  Jango just hasn't painted it up yet.  And of course Boba paints his to match his armor.

The planet's dreary, but it's still a Republic controlled instillation so there's an element of military "cleanliness" as well.  It's a great game with the full story that explains Jango's background and how he came to be the choice for cloning....  I recommend playing through it entirely just for the storyline.

EDIT:

BTW, Airbrushing sounds fantastic...  I'm curious to see how the paintjob turns out then...  For insignias, I'd almost lean away from painting (if you're using sorta "known" emblems like the Imperial one or anything like that), and instead print the insignia (often can be found online somewhere) out on sticker paper, or water transfer decal paper...  That way the painting detail is minimized a bit.  Kill markers would be really neat on it too I think (just a thought).
« Last Edit: June 6, 2005, 05:54 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
My 2nd Re paint and Farids 1st Repaint
« Reply #26 on: June 6, 2005, 07:30 PM »
Well here is my 2nd clone (the one in blue) I did him with some micro pens a torch and some clearcoat .
The Green clone my was done by one of my buddies Farid and its his first repaint.

« Last Edit: June 6, 2005, 07:31 PM by CuDa033 »

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 6, 2005, 07:49 PM »
Yup thats pretty much what I read about it . Only thing was I dont see where it says who loaned the prison colony the different slave I's just that he trashed them when he broke out. And that more had been made . I just cant wait to get it done.

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: My 2nd Re paint and Farids 1st Repaint
« Reply #28 on: June 6, 2005, 08:18 PM »
Tell me what you guys think 

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 6, 2005, 09:40 PM »
cool deal, thanks for the painting tips and info.  ;)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"