Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 162923 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Wookiee Chieftan-Work in progress
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2005, 04:03 AM »
It turned out sweet DD!!!  :)

I think that I may have choosen a different sword though, something less modern looking. You did a great job with that one but it doesn't seem like a Wookiee would use one like that. Maybe try a LOTR sword or sratch build one.

And not to be nitpicky but It looks like you missed some of the tips on the back of the head, you can still see the original colors showing, and since you don't have them anywhere else I don't think it is part of thecolor scheme.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Wookiee Chieftan-Work in progress
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2005, 04:17 AM »
Everybody's on me about that sword.  ;)

All right, I bow to the peer pressure! It shall be replaced with something less He-Mannish. Hey, this was a "feedback" project anyway, right?

Thanks SLC, I noticed the tips in the back when I posted it, and corrected it...I was just to lazy to post another pic in it's place. The back now has a lot more white.

Glad everyone liked it. I really want to make a photonovel just so I can put this guy in it. I sure do wish I'd given him articulated knees, though.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Some Other Customs
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2005, 11:29 AM »
I hope he's in the film too... but mainly because I want Hasbro to make a figure of him.

:P

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Some Other Customs
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2005, 03:23 PM »
I just finished the book last night and no mention of Vos..another disappointing thing was that the colors on Clones was not mentioned (unless I skimmed over it).

I was hoping it would tell more info (like the Visual Dictionary does).

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Special Ops.
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2005, 05:20 PM »
I'll be damned.  I have never seen a better job on painting straight lines and fine details.  This is an area I seem to have a disability with.

Awesome job... if you feel crazy, you should make a couple more blue ones and recreate the scene of Anakin marching into the temple.

Any idea if there are plain white clones with Anakin in the Temple attack scene, or just blue special ops only?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2005, 06:10 PM »
The only footage/screencaps I've seen of the temple massacre is of the blue troopers, or "the 501st."

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Another KOTOR custom
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2005, 06:14 PM »
Remember, though, that the novel is produced off of the first drafts of the script. A lot gets changed, added or cut along the way.

Oh, and here's another KOTOR custom, Darth Nihilus. Note the moodier lighting.  :D

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2005, 06:18 PM »
Sweet looking Nihlus!!! I really wish this guy had a bigger part in the game. :( It is really too bad they finished it early.

His mask is actually flatter on the top half, but there isn't much you can do about that, short of resculpting the upper half of the hood. It looks fine the way it is, :)
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2005, 06:19 PM »
Damn - great job, very evil looking.

I never thought that Maul figure would have a good use - what do I know!  :D

This is fantastic.  It truly captures the essence of the character.  If you're feeling crazy, a bit of dry brushing could really bring out some details.  If it doesn't turn out that great, you can always paint back over it.  

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2005, 06:34 PM »
SLC: I've thought about making the hood more true to the actual character. I probably will at some point, and try to add the correct chest piece. (Which I already have picked out.) I've just been too lazy to try it yet.  ;)

CHEWIE: What colors would you suggest I dry-brush him with?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2005, 09:50 PM »
I would suggest colors that will really bring out the detail. 

First - I would try a mix of white and silver - mix them together - and dry brush very, very lightly on the folds where there is texture.

Second - Mix a touch of red and black - I would try and get a very, dark red/maroon color - dry brush over what you just did after it dries. 

Third - If necessary, after it all dries - add one last touch of the white/silver - maybe add a touch of black afterwards.

Basically this is to try and bring out just a touch of detail.... use a very thick headed brush when doing this, and after you barely dab it with paint, first brush the head against another surface (like a paper plate) to get about 99% of the paint off of it.  You want to be forced to press the brush hairs hard against the figure to even get any paint off of it.  Repeat over and over.   :)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2005, 05:28 AM »
Awesome figure DD especially like the Shock Troopers top notch stuff mate

Ron

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2005, 02:53 PM »
so the clones are of Patrick Swayze now?

I like those a lot. It kind of looks too colorful having them all together, but In single troops of one color probably its all good. I can't wait to see these guys in action in Episode III

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2005, 04:33 PM »
Yeah, Patrick Swayze is the new clone template. Wait until I start my photonovel...it's about a clone who gets hired to be a cooler in a rough cantina...and he has to diffuse potentially explosive situations with one-liners like "It's my way or the highway" and "Take the train."

Aay Vida is going to be his "regular Saturday night thang."

It'll be the craziest, it'll be the SWAYZIEST, photonovel of them all!  ;D

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2005, 06:43 PM »
You really have this clone thing down, not one but two shocktroopers! :) I am amzed by your painting skills and how much patience you must have to do those.  ;) Keep it up!
"This is the way."