Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 162898 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Special Ops.
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2005, 07:46 PM »
GOOD GOD, THOSE RULE! I LOVE the paint weathering on those. Amazing job on the details also.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2005, 11:01 PM »
Thanks, SLC, Diddly. I appreciate the praise.

As much as I enjoyed doing these clones, I think I'm done with clones for a time...I want to move on to some other characters...but I may revisit them soon if I get a decent shot of the Yellow Clones that accompany Obi-Wan to Utapau.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2005, 11:06 PM »
Those came out really nice. I've got a small army of ROTS Clones just waiting for some free time to be painted. I've also got a few 12" ones that I want to paint in those color schemes as well. Great job.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Darth Nihilus revised.
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2005, 11:06 PM »
CHEWIE: You mean like this?

Or here's one that's a little more like your famous "montage" pics.  ;)

Let me know if you think I should tweak it some more.

-DD
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 11:07 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2005, 01:03 AM »
Ooooooo :o :)

Me like!!! ;D

That looks sooo much better, I'm not CHEWIE but I think he'd be proud! I am! ;D ;)
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2005, 03:35 PM »
Wow, that looks great man!  Really adds to it in my opinion.  But the real question is, do you like it better that way?

If possible (not necessary, but might look cool), you might want to add a bit of dry brush detail to the bottom ridges on his cape by his feet, and a bit of the hood right above his forhead.

And I like how you did the "montage" - that style looks very familiar.   ;)

He looks mean!

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2005, 08:25 PM »
   I do like it...but somehow, something is still missing, in my opinion. Not sure what it is.

I've got a few customs I've been working on today...and I keep looking at Nihilus, commanding me to do more...but I'm at a loss.  ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2005, 12:06 AM »
I think it looks great DD.  I don't know what could be missing...

The only drawback is Hasbro's sculpt of this figure.  But you made their work look a lot better, and this truly captures the look of the character in the game.

If you are ever feeling crazy, you could try a soft goods version... those are always a fun challenge.  If you do, I would suggest using the silk robes from the Sith Speeder Darth Maul figure.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2005, 10:42 PM »
A soft goods version...don't tempt me, Chewie. I may just do that.  ;)

In the meantime, here's a few things I've been working on this week. The work of Lance, CHEWIE, and JediKnight have me thinking about doing a photonovel at some point, but I was thinking of doing it in the KOTOR era. Whether or not I'll ever actually get around to it I can't say, but I can make a lot of customs that I think have that "KOTOR" feel in the meantime. So, here's a droid from that era.

And here's a shot from a slightly different angle.

Finally, this one looks really easy, but was actually a bit of a pain. I like the Episode III sculpt of Mace a lot, but he had a lame action feature, and his legs didn't have any knee articulation. So I took a Jedi Council Mace Windu, and attached the lower torso to the upper torso of the Episode III figure. It required some dremeling and the insertion of a metal post to allow the waist to swivel, but it's really sturdy and came out well, I think. Of course, the skirt had to be cut to allow the legs to be posed, but it's not even noticeable when he's in a neutral pose. As an added bonus, this Mace can sit in his council seat.

I might have some more updates tonight.

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Thurs. April 21
« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2005, 11:46 PM »
Hey nice new stuff DD.

I really, really like that droid.  Nice job, it really captures the feel and look of the KOTOR stuff... where did you get the legs for it?  Those look damn cool, especially how you attached them to the "thrusters" of the Research Droid.

Windu - very well done.  Nice to see another version of him, and definitely better than Hasbro's version.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 22, 2005, 12:59 AM »
Thanks, Chewie. The KOTOR droid's legs come from another Chap Mei figure. He's a little short guy, and they gave him these mechanical legs he wears on his feet. It's a weird figure, but when I saw it, I knew immediately what I was going to do with the legs. The little guy will definitely pop up in another custom...those Chap Mei figures are a great source of fodder. I went looking for more today, but no luck.

Interestingly enough, I bought a clearanced K-Mart Cantina set specifically so I could make some cool KOTOR droids like the ones you did awhile back.  ;)

Speaking of KOTOR, remember my Zaalbar figure? I wasn't super happy with it, so I started over. Here's the new one, utilizing a Bespin CHEWIE that I added kung-fu grip, elbow and knee articulation to. 

And because JD is my favorite custom site, I've decided to add pictures here and FFURG that other sites won't get. So, here's another shot showing off that articulation.

He still needs a little drybrushing, and he looks a little shiny in these pics because of the flash, but I like this Zaalbar a lot better.

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2005, 11:04 AM »
I totally agree!  Much, much better.  You did a fantastic job... man I can only do parts swapping, but it appears that you added all new articulation to him.  Wow!

So, you got some cantina bar stools for droid heads?  Cool!  I'm looking very forward to seeing your work.

Also, what the heck is a Chap Mei figure?  I must know.   :)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2005, 01:52 PM »
Chap Mei figures are those little cheapo figures you find at Big Lots, Kay-Bee and the like. Usually they have some kind of theme, like "Police Squad" or "Ninja Dino Riders" or in this case, "Dino Valley."

They're cheap, but well constructed, fairly detailed, and HIGHLY compatible with Star Wars, especially POTF2 parts. And they come with great accesories that I think you would have a field day customizing, Chewie!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2005, 02:49 PM »
Thanks for the explanation.  I have actually looked at those several times and bought a few.  They do work very well.

Might try to get to Big Lots this weekend and see if there's any new ones I can use for parts.   :)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 4/22/05
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2005, 03:11 AM »
A few quickies tonight. While glueing/setting/sculpting pieces for my WIP Roronn Corobb, I looked over at my Jedi fodder, and pulled out Master Rancisis. While I like the figure well enough, all he's good for is sitting in his council chair. Take him out of it, and he's just sitting on the ground while the other Jedi fight. So, I decided a more "battle-ready" Master Rancisis was in order. I cut and repositioned the tail, then added a slight bit of dry brushing to bring out some detail on his robe. Now, at least, he can stand tall and battle Anakin when lil' Ani comes for his ass in the temple.

I also put the finishing touches on a  Zabrak Mercenary I've been playing with for a while.

The Merc's tattoos came out REALLY light in the flash. They're darker on the real thing.

And finally, one I've wanted to do for awhile, but just now got around to tonight. I've been so busy with Clone Wars and KOTOR era stuff, I have totally neglected the post-OTC time period. Here's a really simple Jedi Master Luke. Whatta ya think, CHEWIE...need some drybrushing, or fine like it is?

That's all for tonight...I should have a few more before the weekends over, though. 

-DD
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 03:58 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!