Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 162315 times)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 4/22/05
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2005, 03:55 AM »
Oh very nice..I see you've got an imagination like that of Chewie and the other greats around here.

Wish I could get over that hill. :)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Commander Gree
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2005, 05:51 AM »
Master Phruby threw out a challenge over in the RS forums for customizers to attempt Commander Gree, who fights alongside Yoda on Kashyykk. Well, I don't run from a challenge. When I'm in the street and it starts to go down...I don't back off 'till it's finished! Or...something like that. Anyway, here's the reference pic:

And here's my version. Keep in mind, this is before dull coating. (I ran out tonight...need to go to the hobby store, I guess...)

This took about four hours, start to finish. Whatta ya think?

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 4/24/05
« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2005, 10:36 AM »
Wow! That Gree is great. All your stuff is amazing. I'm really pretty blown away here. :o

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2005, 10:42 AM »
Is it correct that Commander Gree and all his green camouflaged clones are on Kashyyyk as well as Commander Neyo and his "Target Exclusive" red circle armor grunts?

I think this may be true because Luminara Unduli is also on Kashyyyk, makes sense to have another Jedi with a different commander, if Yoda is with Gree.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2005, 04:24 PM »
Wow, great updates this weekend DD!  I've been too busy to do much customizing... but did a couple not too long ago that I'll send to my hosting buddies tonight.

Anyways, my thoughts on this new batch -

Oppo Rancisis - Looks awesome, I'm wondering exactly where you cut the tail at?

Zabrak - Interesting look, he is very cool and I love the color scheme.

Luke - Yeah, I would do a bit of dry brushing.  Still, it will look nice either way. 

Gree - Easily the best of the bunch in my opinion.  Your custom clones are breath-taking.  This is one bad, evil looking trooper.

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2005, 05:29 PM »
Thanks, guys!

I cut Oppo's tail as high up as I could get it, just slightly under where it meets his robe. It was a pain cutting through the little wire that gives his tail it's flexibility, but some wire cutters from the garage did the trick. I then dremeled out what was left, and positioned the new tail inside the indentation. It look a little work to get it into a place that looked natural, but would allow him to balance on it as well. 

The Zabrak was fun, but for some reason, I think his face looks REALLY young. Maybe I should have used a Sith Training Maul head, who looks a little more mean. Anyway, the painstaking part of this one was gluing on the additional horns. A pair of tweezers and a LOT of patience went into that.

Luke- Episode I Obi Wan body and an EU Luke head. BAsic stuff. I am going to lightly drybrush this one, methinks.

Gree turned out better than I expected. This is one I should have used a primer on...green paint on glossy white plastic is hell. I still have to add his holster, as well as some detailing I noticed in a pic Rebeldressel posted after he was finighed. I'll update the pic as soon as I do.

Dresselrebel: Not sure where Neyo and his grunts show up. It'll be interesting to see!

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Gree revision
« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2005, 01:54 AM »
I still haven't added the holster, as it's not dry yet, but here's a revision of Gree based on the pic that Rebeldressel posted.

The pic doesn't quite pick up the irridescence of the visor paint...but now it matches the reference more closely. (Although in Phruby's pic the straps look olive drab...on the other they look gray. Should I repaint them, or leave them as is?)

-DD
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 02:08 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Constructing Roronn Corobb
« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2005, 04:21 AM »
Hey guys!

I mentioned this one before; I've been working on a custom Roronn Corobb (The Ithorian Jedi from the Clone Wars cartoon.) I just thought I'd give you an update as it nears completion.

Here's the reference pic I was working from.

I decided to use a Pablo Jill torso to give me the kind of hunched body I needed for an Ithorian, but the neck post was way to high, even once I dremeled out the Momaw Nadon head. But I really wanted the head to be on a ball joint so it could look up or down, side to side. So, I cut off the post at the neck, dremeled into the torso, and reset the neck post deeper in the figure, like so:

And so finally, I finished the construction of the figure, and wanted you guys to take a look and make any last minute critiques before I paint it. Here it is:

I'm curious to hear what you guys think.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 4/25/05
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2005, 04:26 AM »
WOW!!

I LOVE IT

Thats gotta be the most exciting cutom I've seen in a long time. The last time I saw a customt hat blew my mind liek this was years ago. When this guy  made a holiday Fett on the big lizard thing he rode.

The Ithorian Jedi is just totally awesome.

and towards commander gree, I think eh loosk better in the other picture, still with a black eye visor. he seems a little too bright for cammo too, but is that the paint or the camera enhancing the colors?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 04:32 AM by Dimetrodon »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2005, 10:38 AM »
Wow, what a beauty this turned out to be.  Really, what a great figure.  Awesome use of parts... you really captured the look of the character.  And I love how he looks more agile than the average Ithorian.  What legs did you use?  Are you going to dry brush at all on him?

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 25, 2005, 04:16 PM »
Wow! Thanks Dimetrodon, Chewie! High praise indeed!   :o

I think this guy is definitely in line for some dry brushing...especially the Ithorian parts, as I want him to look a little different from the other basic Ithorians I've thrown together.

His parts list consists of the aforementioned Pablo-Jill torso, OTC ANH Obi-Wan Kenobi arms, and Jar Jar legs. (I finally found a use for Jar Jar parts!) I may attempt to articulate his wrists for cool, lightsabery action.  ;D

Glad you guys like it!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2005, 04:19 PM »
Damn, what a genius mix-match of parts.  Truly great work.

Can't wait to see the finished result, but even if you stop now, it's still awesome.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2005, 06:40 PM »
Dimetrodon: Forgot to mention, Gree is definitely darker in person. The flash lightens all these up quite a bit.

Chewie: What do you think, should I take Dimetrodon's advice and change Gree's visor back to black?

Also, I wanted to mention that I picked up some bust-ups, and these are GREAT for custom heads and hands. The Bossk figure is really detailed and will look great when modified!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2005, 06:46 PM »
Yeah, the Bust-Ups are freaking nice.  I wish I had some extra cash to splurge and buy more.

As for the visor... would it be possible for it to be a glossy black, with a touch of green (to look like a reflection/glare) on one spot after it dries?

If you do go with green though, I would suggest a darker green.

Overall, looks like he's ready to hunt some Jedi.   ;)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2005, 07:31 PM »
The visor is fixed...here's a nice little "Kashyykk" shot in the backyard.   ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!