Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 162971 times)

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 7/7/05
« Reply #390 on: July 7, 2005, 04:38 AM »
Could you please post a pic of the base figure you used? I can't seem to find one on the net...
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #391 on: July 7, 2005, 10:59 AM »
Good stuff DD  ;D
Did you have to shave down the clone body to make the armor/robes fit over?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 7, 2005, 05:43 PM »
Like I said on RS, I love it. Simple yet effective!

PS: You have a PM!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 7, 2005, 11:32 PM »
More really good stuff DD.  I'm looking forward to getting that 5-pack (have those hit retail now?) and your Anakin is looking great too.  I can't wait to paint my extra one soon.

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 9, 2005, 04:30 AM »
I haven't seen the 5-packs at retail yet...I got mine from red5sixx, aka bluedottoyz.com. I think he still has a few, but they were selling like hotcakes!

I hope to get a few customs up this weekend before I head off to San Diego for Comic-Con...if not, it'll be a full week before I can make it back to post anything new.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 10, 2005, 01:48 AM »
That Obi Wan is really good, but because I haven't seen the one from the  pack I'm not completly sure what was done. But all I know is I like it.  :)

I haven't seen the 5-packs at retail yet...I got mine from red5sixx, aka bluedottoyz.com. I think he still has a few, but they were selling like hotcakes!

I hope to get a few customs up this weekend before I head off to San Diego for Comic-Con...if not, it'll be a full week before I can make it back to post anything new.

-DD

tis a shame, but I'll see it in stores eventually...
Wish I was going to comic con... Always next year..

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 10, 2005, 05:37 AM »
Thanks for the heads up on where to get it early DD.  His price seems fair, but I think I will need to wait to find it at retail.

I personally am really looking forward to the set... the Anakin looks pretty cool, and the head might look good if a head swap is done with the Evolution AOTC Anakin.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 10, 2005, 12:43 PM »

-DD

Man, Red5sixx's shop has everything! Times like this I wish I had an e-bay account (Or maybe some money, for that matter)  ;)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 22, 2005, 12:25 AM »
Yeah, red5sixx has quite a few collections that pass through his shop, and it's a great place to obtain hard to find pieces for custom fodder. I find his prices to be extremely reasonable, and since he has a soft spot for what we do, he offers us free shipping on loose stuff if we mention the site.

Well, here's a quick update on a few customs I've been toying with. My Gran smuggler for the monthly challenge (see that thread for a more detailed description on him) and a Gamorrean enforcer.

I wanted to do a Gamorrean because there's not a lot of customs made of these thugs, but I still feel there's more to be done on this guy. I'd like to give him some headgear, and maybe some additional chest armor. Something to make him stand out from the regular figure. Any suggestions?

-DD
« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 02:09 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 7/21/05
« Reply #399 on: July 22, 2005, 01:08 AM »
Oh, I LOVE that smuggler! I'm starting to appreciate spacer/flight suits more because of month 2 of the custom challenge!

That gammorrean is great, too. I don't think you could really add onto it amy more than it needs. I think it's prefect just the way it is. I'm afraid that if you'd added anything it may look too bulky, if that is even possible for a gammorrean.

Again, TOP notch stuff as always, DD

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #400 on: July 22, 2005, 01:12 AM »
They both look great; I really dig that Gammorrean!  He looks badass  8)
The Gran smuggler looks good, although I kinda think he looks a bit small.  Maybe he's a runty Gran?
That Gammorrean makes me want to attempt some Gam. custom... ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 22, 2005, 01:36 AM »
Wow, i haven't seen EU figures used much to make customs, very nice. I really like those two customs.
excellent work!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 22, 2005, 01:54 AM »
Gregorbian- Yeah, I maybe should have used an Ask Aak head on the smuggler, as it's a little better in scale. Still, maybe this guys been down on his luck in the outer rim, and has lost a little weight.  ;) I may revise him in the future.

Perennial- I like the flight suits as well; I think it gives we customizers a really nice diversity of various fringer scum.  ;D

Dimetrodon- Good eye, that is indeed an EU Speeder Bike pilot uniform used for the Gran. I love the EU stuff because it really stands out as different from everything else.

Glad you guys like the Gamorrean...I spent some time trying to make his jerkin look like a leather-type material, and add the proper weathering to his armor and axe. I still think he needs something extra, though.

Did anyone notice I tried to give both of these guys CHEWIE-style paint jobs?  :P

-DD

« Last Edit: July 22, 2005, 02:03 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 22, 2005, 08:39 AM »
I miss one day around here due to being sick and miss an awesome update!   :o

Gran - While I agree that he does look a little thin, that's ok.  Not all Gran are gonna be thick.  Maybe his momma was a Rodian!   ;)   He does look nice, I really like the paint job you made for him.  It's a good color selection.

Gamorrean - ONe of your best customs yet as far as I'm concerned.  I don't know where you got all the parts for him for the armor, but it looks great.  And the bronze coloring is perfect for him.  I don't think that Luke would have torn through this guy so easily in ROTJ.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 22, 2005, 10:45 AM »
Here is a sad question but I have to ask.  What type of paint is best.  I have used Testors enamel paint but it's too shiny and some times it doesn't dry all the way, especially the silver.

Are there markers that can work?  Also si there a database or list of how to combine colors so they match the actual (e.g., the blue of the ARC trooper is an odd color, so is Bacarra's shade of red).

I can bearly customize so I have ask.  :-[

Blake