Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 163519 times)

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Sneak preview, 8-16-05
« Reply #435 on: August 22, 2005, 01:52 PM »

I like this guy, but he screams "Fett" to me still, so I've got to come up with some ways to set him apart.

How about swapping out the belt for a different one? -- Maybe replace it with the utility belt from the Saga Endor Trooper.

Offline The Professor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Dioramas at The Jawa
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-updated Monday 8/22
« Reply #436 on: August 22, 2005, 03:57 PM »
WOW!  Your work is very impressive, Darth Delicious.  Your figures look like real toys and very professional.  The blue clone commander looks particularly sharp.  I think the Mandalorian symbol on the Mandalorian figure is very well-painted for such small detail. 
"Go plug the professor into the back!"

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 22, 2005, 07:54 PM »
Thanks for all the great feedback, guys! Let me respond to everyone in turn:

MetalJedi: I agree, the kama needs something. Maybe I'll paint it black and paint the trim yellow; that'll make it stand out, I believe. Otherwise I feel like it's too simple a custom.

Gregorbian: Good call on the Mandalorian, I may paint the bodysuit black, I think that will set him apart. The Kama is also an interesting idea, I'll have to see how it fits. The ARC's antenna will also be painted black.

Chewie: The Bith and the Mandalorian will both be getting some drybrushing to add detail and weathering. I'm liking the idea you and Gregorian have about scarring the Bith; I think that could look pretty cool. I agree the Bith's neck looks a little long, but when I tried the shorter post he looked like a hunchback...so I'll have to think of a way to camoflage it.

Dressel Jr: Do you have a pic of the rocket launcher in question, because I wouldn't mind making one for future clones, if not this one. I also like your idea for the control panel on the chest. With all the straps he's got I think it makes sense.

Perennial: Funny you should mention Vertigo Company, as they are on my short list of figures I want to make. The question is, should Myles have a magnet in the torso for his ill-fated brush with the Jedi on Galidraan?

Tykrazen: Not sure how easily swappaple the endor belts are, but it sounds like a good idea...has anyone tried this?

Professor: First off, welcome to the JD boards, and second, thanks for the compliment. It means a lot coming from the guy who built those awesome dios I've been meaning to comment on for the last few days. I've never attempted the Mandalorian symbol before, so I was pleased with how it turned out. I'll have to do more Mandalorians like that in the future.

All in all, although I wish I had more completed work to show off, it's good to get feedback on work in progress pieces from my fellow customizers. It makes them that much better!

-DD

« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 07:55 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 22, 2005, 08:47 PM »
Nice stuff DD, glad to see U r still active.  Hit me w/a PM about the gree when u get the time. 

Always a pleasure to your stuff
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 22, 2005, 11:43 PM »
Awesome! I like the yellow ARC, the painting is nice, same for the Mandalorian. The Mandalorian's paint job is amazong! But my favorite is the Bith! I always draw SW villians with "blaster arms" so it looks cool to see a figure version of a bad guy like that.

Keep up the great work!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 23, 2005, 12:12 AM »

I suggest using somthing like that with a strap so they can keep it over their sholder on the run.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
« Reply #441 on: August 23, 2005, 05:52 PM »

Not sure how easily swappaple the endor belts are, but it sounds like a good idea...has anyone tried this?

THe endor belt is very easy to take from the saga trooper through boil and pop-- I've got one at home I'll scan tonight so you can see if it is compatible.  I don't have that fett for parts so I don't know if it'll work on that end.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 23, 2005, 09:59 PM »
Perennial: Funny you should mention Vertigo Company, as they are on my short list of figures I want to make. The question is, should Myles have a magnet in the torso for his ill-fated brush with the Jedi on Galidraan?

Well, I didn't like the removable hand feature on the Saga Bespin Luke, nor did I like the removable head jango, so I won't think I'd go with a magnetic torso. Maybe if it were just a peg in the torso so that it'd stay together in a more stable way. You could probably disguise it as a spine or something :P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 5, 2005, 05:13 AM »
Ah, is the weekend over already? I only really had a few hours to work on customs this weekend, but thankfully I have Labor Day to work on some more, so with a little luck, this will be the first of two updates. Here we go...

Let's start with the ones that aren't as original...first up is an Utapau clone commissioned from me by Doctor Padawan.

Ah, clones. I know most of you are sick of them, but be patient...there's two non-clone customs coming up right after this. Here's a work in progress Airborne clone, based off of the designs of Rebelscum member (And hopefully, a member here soon) JubJubJedi. It's not finished, but you can see where it is so far to compare the finished product later...

All right, enough clones...time for a fan-fic custom. This one is a departure for me, as it's been awhile since I did a background character. Yessir, just a regular Joe with a regular job, trying to make his way in the universe. Here you go:

Yessiree, just a regular Mon Calamari bartender. Just a regular joe. Ignore those rumors about what he might have done during the clone wars. That scar on his head? Just a childhood accident, certainly not a wound from a vicious battle he fought on the back of a Keelkana. The Rebellion? Don't much care for them. Don't like getting caught up in Imperial business anyway, just a simple bartender, keeps to himself. And anything you heard to the contrary is a damn lie, and he ain't sayin' anything anyhow...

Finally, I give you my first submission for this month's customizing challenge: Bith Bounty Hunter Dri'gin Kal.

I added the scars as suggested, and abandoned the black sun tattoo idea over his eye. I'll eventually add some sonic protectors over his ears as soon as I find something that looks good.

I'll tell more of his backstory over in the CUSTOMIZING CHALLENGE thread. In the meantime, I look forward to everyone's comments.

-DD

« Last Edit: September 5, 2005, 05:44 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-updated Labor Day!
« Reply #444 on: September 5, 2005, 05:35 AM »
Excellent update DD, You need to update the title too. :)

Clones - I don't get sick of these Cause I have yet to repaint anything other than the Gree and Bly I made back at the begining of April. Your's are always some of the better ones, these are no exceptions. I like the start of the airborne clone, I think he would look cool with some additional pouches and gear.

Mon-Cal- For an ordinary Joe, this custom is anything but ordinary. I really like the pants, they look like jeans almost. The drybrushing on them is fantastic. You did a great job bleanding the head into the body too.

Bith - I really like this guy. I like how you added the chest box. The goggles and scaring look great too.  The paint turned out great on him too. I really like the hand canons it isn't very often you see guns like that on a custom. The breather apparatus is pretty cool too, for some reason this guy reminds me of a SW Doc Occ. :)

Excellent work DD, I llook forward to your next update. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #445 on: September 5, 2005, 11:32 AM »
Good stuff man!  I really like that "regular Joe" Mon Cal bartender!  I can't figure out what base body that is though?  Is it from Star Wars?  The paint job on him is excellent!

I've lurked on the rebelscum customs boards, that jubjubjedi guy is a great artist, it would be very cool if he came over here. 

What else are you going to add to that airborne clone?  Are you going to give him a jetpack and some other gear?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 5, 2005, 12:08 PM »

Ah, clones. I know most of you are sick of them, but be patient...there's two non-clone customs coming up right after this. Here's a work in progress Airborne clone, based off of the designs of Rebelscum member (And hopefully, a member here soon) JubJubJedi. It's not finished, but you can see where it is so far to compare the finished product later...

I remember that airborne trooper. aeseven7 made that one along with the halo trooper and the elite clone.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 5, 2005, 01:44 PM »
Hey guys! I appreciate the feedback!

SLC- I was pretty burnt out on clones, but was still doing some commissions here and there... but once JubJubJedi started posting his excellent concept artwork, I was interested again and had to take a shot at them.

The drybrushing on the Mon Cal is all me trying to emulate some of the cool stuff Chewie does. I'm nowhere near his level, but his techniques really bring out the details on a figure, and I think that's what stands out here.

Gregorbian- Glad you like the Mon Cal...he's a pretty easy cut and glue custom, but the drybrushing is what makes him, I think. I used a POTJ Mon Cal warrior and a Feltipern Trevagg body. And the head scar? It didn't come from a childhood accident or a battle on a Keelkana...it came from butterfingers here drilling too deep into his noggin to accomodate the Feltipern neck post.  ;D

The Jetpack clone is going to get some more gear strapped to his legs, and a jetpack, as soon as I figure out which one to use.

Commander_Cody- Yeah, aesevwen does some amazing work, but I don't want to pay the prices his stuff goes for on E-Bay, especially when I'm perfectly capable of doing my own versions. And JubJub's designs are too cool NOT to try. I also have an elite clone and a HALO clone in the beginning stages, as well as his new Aqua trooper.

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 5, 2005, 01:58 PM »
Hey DD can give a  link that shows jubjubjedi's artwork on those clones? I'm liking the airborne trooper so far

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 5, 2005, 02:12 PM »
DD, it's nice to see an update from you.  I was feeling deprived.   ;)

Utapua Clone - I bet Dr. Padawan's going to be very please with this.  Those paint lines look about as perfect as one can get.

Airborn Clone - He already looks fantastic.  I'm looking forward to the final result.

Mon Calamari - One of the best, most original customs I think I've seen you do.  There aren't enough non-military customs out there.  This one looks like an excellent background character.  Wow.  Definitely my favorite custom that you've done in a long time!  A+++

Bith - I like this guy a lot.  He seems to have a ton of gear, and should be ready for a battle with just about anybody.

:P