Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 163379 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-updated Saturday, 9/24
« Reply #480 on: September 25, 2005, 12:11 PM »
Damn man, very badass customs!  I like the designs on the Clone Commander.  I'm sure he'll sell well, nice work!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-updated Saturday, 9/24
« Reply #481 on: September 25, 2005, 07:41 PM »
Thanks guys. I think I will repaint the pouches on the pauldrom. Maybe gray, though...I feel like red might stand out too much.

Well, I promised more updates this weekend...here's another, Jedi Master Sarlooda.

I always thought the idea of a Dug Jedi would be cool, especially since they'd fight with their feet. I'll have another pic up soon with a Jedi robe on this little guy.

I'm going to do as little more drybrushing on his arm gauntlets, as well as ditching the vermin brown color in the grooves...that didn't come out as well as I liked. I think the skin gradation came out really well, though. That and the spines make him look a lot different than Sebulba, I think.

More to come...

-DD
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 07:43 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-updated Sunday, 9/25
« Reply #482 on: September 25, 2005, 07:53 PM »
DD, that's one of your most creative customs in my opinion.  I really love this figure!  And it's not just the concept, it's the execution of your idea.

That's a very nice paint job you have going for him, I really like the blue color.  And the spiney things on his head are the perfect touch.

I made a blue Dug too, but not nearly as good as this.  It appeared in the first story in the Rykrof Enloe series.

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 25, 2005, 07:53 PM »
Awsome Dug Jedi!

Thats really unique and I think your the first to make such a figure. Nice job, DD.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 25, 2005, 07:57 PM »
Here's a pic with that Dug in it that I was referring to.  Now all of a sudden I want to make another Dug...

BTW, that was the first pic ever in the Rykrof Enloe series!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 25, 2005, 08:09 PM »
DD - awesome Dug Jedi!  The color gradient is amazing - was that hand painted or did you use an airbrush?  I have never been able to do anything that seamless, it's perfect!  I like the spots on his skin too, nice touch there.

Instead of vermin brown for the grooves on his gauntlets, why not try gold (I forget which one I have, I don't think it's burnished gold though) or Mithril silver?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 25, 2005, 08:11 PM »
I agree, the tinting of his skin tone from light blue to darker blue looks amazing.  How did you do that DD?

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 25, 2005, 10:18 PM »
I've reworked Sarlooda a little bit and am much happier with him. A little drybrushing makes all the difference. I will have some new pics up tonight... but I've run out of dull cote! Grrr...

I'm glad you guys like him...he's actually my second attempt. I hated his original paint scheme and painted over it. The basic recipe for him is a simple one. I painted the POTJ Sebulba codex gray, then once that dried, I drybrushed Shadow Gray along the areas I wanted to highlight, namely the top of his head, and the sides of his arms and legs. Several coats later, it looked pretty convincing, although it looks better in person. Red5sixx told me it looked "factory" when he saw it.  ;D The spines were cut from one of the twenty Massifs I have in my fodder box...I may attempt something similar with some Mon Cal's in the future to vary them up.

Chewie: I always liked that blue dug back there, and wondered what his story was. He was my partial inspiration for this piece.

-DD

« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 02:58 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 25, 2005, 10:36 PM »
Those figures are awesome! I love the fading of the blue on the Dug. Please, tell how you did it! The Shadow troopers are awesome too, I like the commander a lot! Great work! Too many exclamation points!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 25, 2005, 11:36 PM »
All right, here's a few more pics. First is Sarlooda with a little drybrushing. I consider him finished now, as I'm happy with him at this point. I think the gauntlets look a lot better now:

Next up isn't really a custom, just some goofiness I was trying out. I have these Robin Hood figures I picked up for $1 each, and I'm just messing around with their accessories. Here's "Little John."  ;D

I'd actually really like to incorporate those items into a custom wookiee (or two) but am not sure how to proceed yet. Suggestions?

Finally, here's another submission for the monthly customizing challenge, an as-yet unnamed Mandalorian. Forgive the shiny paintjob; like I said, I ran out of dull cote tonight.

I'll get some better pics of his jetpack and such once he's dulled down and finished.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #490 on: September 26, 2005, 12:01 AM »

Looks like the start of a great custom wookiee (or two)!

Maybe a wookiee elder with the cloth peices and a black/gray paint scheme and maybe give him some kind of sceptre or ceremonial shield?

Then maybe paint the pouches brown/black to look more "leathery" like Chewie's bandolier and combine with a Wookie helmet and a BFG for a Wook Heavy Gunner?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-updated Monday, 9/26
« Reply #491 on: September 26, 2005, 01:47 PM »
I agree with Jeff - that wookie could really be something!  Those SG look pretty good on him, very interesting...  The only thing that I can think of to add right now would be some sort of helmet and repainting the bandolier (as Jeff mentioned). 

I'm still completley blown away by that Dug Jedi Sarlooda.  The paint job is so incredible that I can't even imagine that it was hand-painted.  Awesome work.

Mandalorian - Like I said in the other thread, I like the design and paintjob on this guy, but I don't really like the sculpt (hasbro's G.I.Joe sculpt that is).  Sometimes G.I. Joe figures work for Star Wars customs, but I think usually the bodies don't translate that well into the Star Wars universe...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 26, 2005, 01:52 PM »
Ok, that Wookiee is awesome.  I would suggest that you cut the string to be shorter that is holding his outfit on, maybe a dab of glue would be good to keep the knot from slipping.

Then, I would paint the bandolier some sort of brown tint, or even yellowish.  His cloth clothes could possibly be darkened a bit.

After that, a nice dry brush on the Wookiee and you have one hell of a custom figure.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 26, 2005, 03:52 PM »
Good advice. I have so many pieces in my fodder box, I don't know what to do with them half the time.

Here's another I've been working on for the monthly challenge... a Trandoshan Separatist.

I wanted to give him armor and weaponry reminiscent of the Trandoshans in REPUBLIC COMMANDO, as well as varying up the skin tone a little bit. So, I dug up a little lizard reference on the internet and patterned him after a Gold Tengu lizard.

He still needs a little more yellow and orange drybrushed on, but he's almost finished. Again, please excuse the lack of dull cote...

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 26, 2005, 04:25 PM »
Wow, that's different (yet very good).  I haven't had the chance to play that game, but it does look like a video game character.

So how did you go about making this?  What's the armor and gun from?  It looks really cool.

The visor is a nice touch too, but my favorite part is his skin tone.

Nicely done DD!