Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 163303 times)

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-New pics Wed. 10/26
« Reply #540 on: October 27, 2005, 01:25 PM »
the Aqualish thugs are great, nice mercanaries to fill out a background scene/dioarama with. i think whisker highlights would really look great on the one guy just to make the beard "pop" more, but you already know that  ;)

the clone is very cool too, great use of the Baccara head, nice to see the AOTC visor for a change. i go through different clone stages...one minute i can't stand to look at any on my desk, the next minute i am thinking of more fan fic/EU designs.
"Just when i try to get out, they pull me back in"  :P

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 27, 2005, 07:36 PM »
DD, never until today did I think that the Intel clone was possile without sculpting. You've proven me wrong! PLEASE tell me you're making casts :P

I also like the aqualish customs. The parts just fit and the colout choice is great. I love how you used the zam wessel kama. I may have to do that for one of my mandalorian customs soon.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 1, 2005, 05:14 AM »
Hey Perennial: I never considered making casts of my Intel clone head, but I guess I could. Stay tuned.  ;)

Anyway, here's two quickies to tide you guys over. First up is a figure that's inspired in a lot of ways by Chewie's Trofarr the Terrible (Who I'm planning on doing my own custom of) and Gregorbian's Kubaz Merc from a while back. Here's a random Gran thug.

I'm going to tone down the weathering on his jumpsuit, as I think the armor is weathered quite a bit and the grimy jumpsuit just blends in...so soon he'll get that jumpsuit underneath sent to the cleaners.  ;)

Next up is just some fun swapping parts with the new SAGA Han.

Basically, I just removed the yellow stain on Han's shirt, added a Han Endor Raid jacket and a VOTC Han gunbelt, and voila! Instant ROTJ Han Solo.

-DD
« Last Edit: November 1, 2005, 05:23 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-New pics Tues 11/1
« Reply #543 on: November 1, 2005, 01:22 PM »
Sweet update!  That Dengar body is absolutely pefect for a Gran.  Wonderful choice, I wish I had thought of that (adds on to-do list).

Wow, you already got the SAGA Han?  Did you order it from that Toy Works place?  Looks like an improvement on the figure already.

:P

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #544 on: November 1, 2005, 06:06 PM »
DAMN YOU ALL  ;D

Everytime I see more of your guys customs the more I want to go out and get heaps of figures for custom fodder my poor visa won't know what hit it.

But I do like the REE-YEES custom very bounty hunter looking and the Han figure is simple but affective.

Ron

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #545 on: November 3, 2005, 10:20 PM »
I agree with everybody else so far - that Dengar body works great for the Gran thug, nice job!
I love the fact that you're customizing a figure that isn't supposed to be out yet, priceless!  ;D  That Han turned out pretty well, the jacket seems a tad bit too large, but I think it works fine.  I really like the VOTC Han sculpt, so I'll probably use that for any Han customs that I am going to make (I've had an Endor Han on the backburner for about 5 months now...)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 4, 2005, 11:06 PM »
Thanks guys. I like the Gran too...I'm just disappointed the flash washed out so much of the armor detail.

Gregorbian: I like the VOTC Han too, but he just seems too skinny to be a post ANH Han.

Chewie: I have a few other Gran in the works too...including a version based off of your latest masterpiece, and my own Trofarr the Terrible.  :P

Oh, and I got my Saga figs from Red5sixx. I'm looking at Bib and Leia on my desk as I type this.  ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 4, 2005, 11:18 PM »
Damn you and  RedSixx.  Just kidding, I'm glad to see a great collector such as yourself having them already.  And customizing a figure that isn't supposed to be out yet proves your love for the hobby even more.

So you're making a Troffar too?  Sounds cool.  I need to make a second version of him if I can find a good body.  The Dengar body you used for a Gran might be the one I pick.

Also, I was looking at that Clone Intel unit figure again.  I think your helmet design is awesome on it.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 5, 2005, 11:02 PM »
Thanks, Chewie. As for the Clone Intel unit, I plan on making a few more...let me know if you need one for the ol' photonovel.  ;)

Here's a quick pic of that Mandalorian from a while back, reworked.

I went with a black bodysuit to vary him up, gave him some additional leg armor, got rid of the cape, and gave him added accessories. I'm pretty happy with him now.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-update 11.6.05
« Reply #549 on: November 6, 2005, 10:02 PM »
That looks really cool DD, almost like something you'd see in one of the old Marvel comics in terms of the color pattern.

You clearly put a lot of work into this, and it shows, he's loaded with accessories.

I might suggest a more dull color (or darker) for the red pattern if you felt like any touch up, probably just on the helmet part though, as the chest symbol is perfectly done.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 6, 2005, 11:56 PM »
That's a great looking Mandalorian, but he looks a tad bit too colorful/bright, IMO. Still looks really good though!

The Gran is great, I like the painting you did to the Dengar armor.

And the Han is excellent! I'm glad you took a pic, as I finally get to see the figure up close. Like CHEWIE said, you improved it a lot!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 7, 2005, 04:29 AM »
Oddly enough, the Mandolorian is a lot darker in person. The flash brightened up the blue and red quite a bit.

I'll try to get some pics in natural light soon. I have a few other customs to show that I haven't posted because they just look terrible in the indoor pics I took.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
The Face of Evil
« Reply #552 on: November 14, 2005, 12:09 AM »
I've been violently ill this week, so I haven't had the strength or motivation to post anything on the boards. There's a lot of great new customs I have to comment on, but it'll have to wait until later this week.

In the meantime, here's a quick custom to tease you for my next update. Here's Palpatine as he appeared in his battle with Yoda.

And here's one that's a little more of a close-up so you can see him better.

I'll probably give his face a wash to bring out the detail, and maybe work on his teeth a bit.

This custom is made from a ROTS Mas Amedda and a Bust-Up Emperor Palpatine. Thanks to red5sixx over at www.bluedottoyz.com for getting me the bust-up so quickly.

-DD
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 12:17 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-update 11.13.05
« Reply #553 on: November 14, 2005, 12:16 AM »
Been sick eh?  Sorry to hear that.  Get your health back, then worry about us later.   ;)

I must say I am a bit disappointed in the Palpatine Bust-Up... is it a little bigger than the regular figures?  I remember from past waves there were a few like Han and Luke that seemed a bit overscaled, but they seemed to fix that with the Bounty Hunter wave and the Royal Guards.  The Sidious one seemed a bit big too.

That's not to take away from your custom though; I want to try the exact same thing!  Maybe I'll try it with a different figure base instead of Mas Amedda, but not sure yet.

Good update DD, can't wait to see some more!   :)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-update 11.13.05
« Reply #554 on: November 14, 2005, 12:19 AM »
Hey Chewie,

The bust-up head is no larger than the regular head of Palpatine.

It might look a bit big in the picture because of the angle. I'll get some pics from other angles so you can see it in more detail. I went with the Mas Amedda body because the sleeves were such a perfect match to Palpatine's when he's in this outfit.

Here's another shot:

The hood is kind of wide, but I think I like it this way. It kind of matches how wide the bottom of Palpy's hood actually lay on his crusty noggin. I'm going to have to get a few more Palpy's to use that hood for my Darth Reven figure.

-DD
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 12:44 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!