Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 163036 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Commando pics 2.2.06
« Reply #630 on: February 3, 2006, 07:23 PM »
Hey DD, the legs on Scorch are so similar to the SA clone legs, ( in shape) would it be possible to boil and pop Scorches legs, and a SA legs and swap em, and paint em to give scorch the super articulated legs he really desearves. Just a thought can't wait to see your full squad. :P

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 3, 2006, 07:26 PM »
WOAH! scorch just keps looking better and better in my eyes! I can't wait to get one of my own!

PS: Oh, and does this mean your Ricky UK sculpt of the commando is available? ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 3, 2006, 09:40 PM »
On the legs, I think adding knee articulation would be very easy on these guys.  Really, it's just a cut at the leg below the knee - essentially cutting the leg off.  Then drilling a hole into the bottom of the cut, just enough to create a socket for a Clone shin to plug into.  Could be wrong... but I think it would work!

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #633 on: February 4, 2006, 03:30 AM »
My concern with that technique CHEWIE is the size of the Commando armor.  It's a bit "bulky" compared to the basic armor it seems, so I'm wagering the figure's when compared side-by-side would show that Commando's armor is substantially thicker.

Just a guess by my eyes on this one though, I could be wrong.  I know I'm highly bummed he doesn't have knee articulation though so I'm gonna be looking into "fixing" this Hasbro FUBAR myself.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 4, 2006, 05:22 AM »
Yeah I agree, we'll have to do SOMEthing about that knee articulation!

Which means if anyone is actually looking for any of RickyUK's Republic Commando's let me know, I have four commandos unassembled (I intended to make a Delta Squad of my own but will be using Hasbro's now lol) so just let me know.

It IS a great figure tho (knees aside) and I can't wait to snag one of my own.  I'm looking forward to see what each individual customizer does about this 'knee trouble.' lol

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 4, 2006, 12:14 PM »
the figure is indeed great and the articulation (save the legs) is great.

Hey, Aeseven7; could I buy/trade the Ricky UK republic commando heads off of you?

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 4, 2006, 02:45 PM »
Yeah I agree, we'll have to do SOMEthing about that knee articulation!

Which means if anyone is actually looking for any of RickyUK's Republic Commando's let me know, I have four commandos unassembled (I intended to make a Delta Squad of my own but will be using Hasbro's now lol) so just let me know.

It IS a great figure tho (knees aside) and I can't wait to snag one of my own.  I'm looking forward to see what each individual customizer does about this 'knee trouble.' lol
i sent you a pm
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Republic Commando
« Reply #637 on: February 4, 2006, 08:42 PM »
Hey Hemble! Great to see you back, we've missed you! Thanks for the kind words as well.

Fritz- If you have trouble finding the bust-ups, hit up red5sixx and he'll hook you up.

Anyway, I promised Commando pics...so here you go.

One of the first thing I'll do to customize each commando I do is articulate the knees and possibly the ankles. Hasbro dropped the ball there, but they did give him a ball jointed waist, which gives him a decent range of motion for firing positions.

Another nice feature is that the explosives on his leg are removable...not only does that add play value for the kids and give customizers some options for weaponry, but also indicated he was designed so that his parts could easily be replaced so Hasbro came equip Sev, Boss and Fixer utilizing the basic sculpt with a repaint and retooled accessories.

Enjoy!

-DD

How did you get a Rep. Commando so early?

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #638 on: February 4, 2006, 09:35 PM »
check his signature they sell everything in advance :-\

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Update Sunday 2.5.06
« Reply #639 on: February 5, 2006, 06:27 AM »
Hey guys!

I've finished several customs this week; most are commissions, the kind of stuff you've seen from me before...but there are a few new ones this week as well. Here's part I of my weekend update.

First up, a new, weathered Kashyyyk infantry clone, a Republic (or Imperial) Field Commander, and just for fun, another shot of Hasbro's Scorch, since the first two pics were from odd angles.

Next, two Clone Wars style ARC troopers and a simple kit bashed Jedi. I really think we overlook human Jedi in favor of aliens sometimes, so here we go...Serenity's Adam Baldwin as a Jedi Knight.  ;D

And finally, a character I've been dying to do since his first appearance and finally got around to it, A'Sharad Hett.

I've liked A'Sharad for a long time, but had never found the parts to really do him justice. Once I found the right torso, though, it all fell into place.

The recipe on this guy was pretty simple:

Head: POTJ Tusken Sniper
Torso: Saga 2006 Sora Bulq
Arms: Sora Bulq, forearms from Evolutions Palpatine
Legs: Evolutions Palpatine
Braid: POTJ Deluxe Slave Leia

It's hard to see in this pic (I'll take new ones for my next update) but his braid is draped over his shoulder. I made sure to ball-joint his head, not only for poseability, but because I also plan on making an "unmasked" head that will swap out with this one. I also need to make his specific sabers.

More this weekend! Stay tuned!

-DD
« Last Edit: February 5, 2006, 06:43 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-update Sun. 2.5.06
« Reply #640 on: February 5, 2006, 06:59 AM »
A'Sharad looks so cool, as do all the others. I love the character and have noticed a lot of similarities in costume between him and Vos particularly. That body could really work for Quinlan too.

Just a thought. ;)

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 5, 2006, 08:56 AM »
that is an INCREDIBLE a'sharad! I'm not too familiar with the story, but sharad and a'sharad hett are both interesting concepts as characters to me, plus your version of a'sharad looks quite accurate (well, from what I can tell)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 5, 2006, 09:29 AM »
Wow, A'Sharad looks amazing.  I've been thinking about making someone like him (at least a Tusken Jedi or Sith).  Thats a great use of parts.  I wish I would have picked up more than on Sith Evolutions Pack!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 5, 2006, 01:52 PM »
DD, thank you for the treat!  What a beautiful update, I needed this today.   :)

Kashyyyk Infantry - Good job here, I like the color and the details are great.  Good weathering too.  I almost think he's a little "bright" for a Kashyyyk clone, but would fit in great on other environments.  Either way, a fantastic clone.

Field Commander - Always like these trenchcoat Imperials.  Well done, is that a ball jointed head?

ARC Troopers - They look great.  I never really liked the design created for them, but you did capture it very well.  Great painting.

Human Jedi - I like this a lot, but would suggest repainting the head with your excellent details. It just screams GI JOE too much for me at this point, a little repaint and I think he would be perfect.  I should have bought so many more of that Kenobi figure for customs...

A'Sharad Hett - I think this is your best custom... possibly ever!  I don't even know where to begin DD!  The parts chosen, the articulation, the paint, etc.  Wow, oh wow!  I will definitely be wanting to copy this custom... I'm floored by it.  It deserves a front page mention in my opinion. 

:P

Offline exjedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • exjedi.com
« Reply #644 on: February 5, 2006, 03:49 PM »
I really like those blue ARC's and Kashyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyk Clone, but the A'Sharad Hett is pretty damn cool, it has that "gonna kick your Sith ass" look to the figure!