Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 163189 times)

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-disaster update Mon. 2.6.06
« Reply #660 on: February 7, 2006, 11:18 PM »
DD,

What a fantastic bunch of customs!

The human jedi is great.

The Imperial field officer is fantastic...

and those bad-ass Trandoshans are AMAZING!!!

Supber work, as usual!!  Terrific stuff.  I really like the paint scheme on the left Trando, very imaginative.

They look ready to kick some serious ass.  Wow, I just love these guys....brilliant, creative and flawlessly executed.

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: February 9, 2006, 01:53 AM »
Hey guys!

First, thanks for all the feedback. I've done some touching up on both Trandos, and I think they look a little better. I'll ger pics up soon.

I think I like adding different scale patterns to these guys, and will keep it up. I didn't go back to a Gila pattern on the brown Trando...I will do that on a future custom and will plot out a better costume coloration to offset the skin. In retrospect, it looked out of place with his olive drab jumpsuit. Not that I see these guys as being big on coordinating.  :P

Chewie: You're right in your thinking that I wanted these to look like real SOB's. I wanted to give these guys a real air of meance as soon as you saw them. The one on the left even has that big knife for skinning Wookiees, and if I ever find the Wookie scalps I cut off a VOTC Fett, they'll be added to his armor.

The black Trando actually has a dark purple tongue not unlike the lizards I pattered him after. I think I'm going to keep it, as it looks good in person against the both his dark scales, and against the lighter scales of his lower jaw.

hemble: Thanks, coming from someone who has some of the most amazing paint apps I've ever seen, your praise means a lot!

smarty: The left Trando is an OTC Bossk transplanted into a Jurassic Park Chaos Effect Roland Tembo torso.  The one on the right is a Swoop biker Doctor Padawan gave me, OTC Bossk arms and feet, a Bossk bust-ups head, and epoxy. The knife and shoulder armor came from a Final Fantasy Gray Edwards figure.

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: February 11, 2006, 12:10 AM »
That's a Great set of Trandoshen Mercs you'e got there 8)

I really like the Firey Colored Crown on the 1st Tran. It gives him a lot of character. The Torso armor looks Great. Is it from a Wing Commander fig?

The second Tran. looks more like a Grunt "Red Shirt" Type. The Swoop Rider Body was a great Choice. My only Critique is that the Shoulder Armor looks a little to blocky.

Keep up the Great Work!

Fritzkrieg

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #663 on: February 12, 2006, 06:15 PM »
Damn dude, if you didn't say anything about a dull-cote accident, I would have never known (in fact, I still can't tell that anything is wrong with them, they look excellent to me).  I really like that you are using real world lizard scale patterns on your Trandos, it looks much better than a bunch of Bossks in different color flightsuits.
The armor looks great, especially the guy on the left.  Did you use Xevoz parts for the shoulder pads on the right-side Trandoshan?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 13, 2006, 08:45 PM »
Hey Gregorbian,

I posted a full parts list up above, but the shoulder pads came from a Final Fantasy Gray Edwards figure.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #665 on: February 13, 2006, 11:22 PM »
Nice updates DD, all around...

-Trandoshans...  Despite a paint issue they looked pretty good to me, so I'm intrigued to see the final product then since they weren't complete.  I liked the bulky armor...  More slavers I assume?  The upsidedown oversized knife in a sheath looked awful sweet on the one.  Sort of imagine it being his Wookiee skinning knife...  I love the scale pattern on the orange/black one too.  Looks very snake-like to me, but I'm not a lizard expert, it just reminds me of some exotic one I've seen somewhere along the line of life, so I can't wait to see them completed.

-A'Shared Het...  I've never been completely familiar with his character and background but your rendition is one of the better ones I've seen by my own personal tastes.  The poseability first wins me over, but beyond that the parts choices just fit.  The Palpatine's sculpt with his wraps on his outfit just make him perfect to fit in as a Tusken.  Not sure how accurate the figure is to the character's design but I'm sure you did it justice.  Is that Sora's skirt piece included with the torso?  It looks like it but I don't own the figure to know for sure, and you didn't mention it I don't believe.  Is the saber special at all too?

-ARC's...  Pretty spiffy, were they just blue EE Clones or were they painted SA's and other parts?  I've been pondering trying to maybe articulate the elbows of my little CW ARC army I've got lying about just so they're poseable where they ought to be.  Given the somewhat readily available Clone fodder around I should be able to do it relatively fast.  That figure was always a bit disappointing and it appears Hasbro didn't fix him for the upcoming Battlepack, but at least the paint's better and there's 2 poseable ARC's in the set.

-Imp. Field Commander...  I'm not sure I'm a fan of the German field green matching up tot he Officer's hat.  I think I'd have given him the Imperial grey hat is what I'm saying, and kept it matching the uniform, but that's just a difference in paint preferences...  I actually think the coat would've looked cool black instead of green, like an SS coat but also tying to the heavy use of Black by the Empire overall.  The green matches some comic references but I've just not been fond of the very "green" colors sometimes used to represent Imperial uniforms.  The figure looks good overall though, and a good mix of parts.  Though it breaks my heart seeing the XD figures used since I can't even find those Ardennes Infantry for my collection in any quantity.  ;)

-Kashyyyk Trooper...  A good basic Kashyyyk grunt...  I've personally envisioned them as being very similar to Gree without his extras though, but that's just me and my excuse for buying a couple Gree figures.  :)  It justified the absolutely piss poor figure Hasbro put out to just call it a grunt rather than the Commander.  Your rendition is pretty great.  I think I'd add a pack for him is all though, since maybe the jungle or forest environments they're in require some gear to be lugged about?  Just a thought, but otherwise great painting as always, and fantastic battledamage marks on him.  Very realistic as per usual.

Nice update, look forward to the finished Trando's though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: February 21, 2006, 04:05 AM »
Well, I'm glad everybody likes the Trandos, despite my frustration. I've since touched them up and will have new pics up this week, along with a surprise or two. Here's a hint: I like KOTOR and KOTOR II a WHOLE lot...  ;)

JJ: Thanks for the in-depth feedback. The A'Sharad is pretty accurate to his appearance in later issues of Republic, particularly when mentoring Anakin. I'd say the fact that I haven't yet given him his custom lightsabers is the only thing that keeps him from being dead-on. I like your thoughts on some survival gear for the Kashyyk grunt (although now I hear these guys being referred to as "Sky Corps." I can't keep up.) The ARC's were cobbled together from EE clones, as I ordered HEAVY on those and have almost as many "enlisted" as grunts... hence all the ARC building I do.

Gregorbian: Glad you like the "real world" scale patterns on the The Trandos. I think it gives them more personality, and I like differentiating them as much as possible from Bossk.

Fritzkrieg: Although I've been known to throw Final Fantasy armor on a Trando now and again, the first one's tordo is from a Jurassic PArk Chaos Effect Roland Tembo figure. Too bad Dimetrodon doesn't stop in much anymore...I bet he would have guessed it right off the bat.  :P

Look for an update soon, probably tomorrow night once I get back from Disneyland. See ya!

-DD

« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 11:51 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Off to Disneyland
« Reply #667 on: February 21, 2006, 10:37 AM »
Have a safe trip back DD, and bring back a few Star Tours figures for customs.   ;) 

:P

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 21, 2006, 11:44 AM »
WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GETTING THESE THINGS???? I havent seen anything on the Geonossis wave at all. Im chomping at the bit for these figs.

Where to begin???  The tusken jedi is awesome, Ive been wanting to do one of these for a while but all the tusken heads I have just suck. I never got any of the saga ones. I may have to borrow the recipe on that one.

The trandos are awesome. The one with the red markings remind me a little of Jurassic park. I like the idea of different markings, It really makes them stand out as specific characters as opposed to Bossk. The armored torsos are a nice touch too.

Have fun .......Remember tough the Mouse is watching you. :o

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 21, 2006, 02:06 PM »
What would really suck is if DD found a Scorch at Disneyland. I was there wednesday and all they had were Veers, Rieeken and Cliff from the hoth wave.

DD, say hello to REX-24 for me. 8)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 23, 2006, 01:37 AM »
Well, Disneyland was fun but exhausting, so I've postponed my update until tomorrow night. I have a little touch up to do on my big custom figure (maybe the best I've ever done!) but I'm too lazy tonight, preferring to post over-the-top, obnoxious messages on the RS boards to get the crybabies all stirred up.  ;)

Chewie: I did indeed pick up a few Star Tours droids, but I haven't decided if they'll get customized yet.  ;)

Phruby: No Scorch, don't worry. Oh, and REX said hi. Then he crashed a shuttle into Small World.  :P

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: February 23, 2006, 02:46 AM »
Dimetrodon?

ME! ME! I'm the guy! I know everybody! I know where they eat, where they sleep! Who their ******'!

Er...sorry.

I'm worse than he is.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #672 on: February 23, 2006, 02:51 AM »
ME! ME! I'm the guy! I know everybody! I know where they eat, where they sleep! Who their ******'!

I'll tip her!

:P

DD I'm really looking forward to this next update, it should be one amazing figure if it is your best. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-The Lord of Pain
« Reply #673 on: February 24, 2006, 02:56 AM »
"The call of Korriban is strong, but it is the call of the dead." -Darth Sion

This custom is one I've wanted to do ever since KOTOR II came out, and I kept putting it off, and putting it off...but finally, I had all the parts I needed, for the most part, with the right mix of being somewhat true to the source material, and yet with a little more flair and artistic license. I also wanted to make sure this figure had some poseability to him. So first, here's the reference shot:

A twisted wreck, Darth Sion is a Sith Lord held together only by sheer force of will. Every bone in his body has been shattered and rebuilt, turning his skeleton and his flesh into a patchwork mass of bruises and scraping bone. He is in constant pain, and only his hatred and the power of the Dark Side keeps him alive.

And here's my take on him:

And vs. Master Vandar:

And a close-up of the facial detail:

A few things about this custom...the flash is washing out a lot of detail. I took about a million pics of him tonight, and it just can't be helped. So the version you're seeing is missing some of the subtle coloration through his cracked and pitted skin. There's also a few details I still want to add, like the little flap hanging from his waistline in the reference shot, and the buckles along his gloved arm...but I wanted to get a pic up tonight since I promised I'd show what I had been working on.

Also, I apologize for the small size of the pics...for some reason Photobucket keeps resizing the images, and I can't seem to adjust it.

Anyway, here's the recipe:

Head and neck post: ROTS Mace Windu (with Epoxy)
Torso and arms: GI JOE Major Barrage, dremeled and epoxy added)
Left Hand: Evolutions Dooku (Can be swapped with Sith lightning hands as well)
Legs and crotch: Clone Wars Saesee Tinn

It's a shame I can't get a pic that really shows the detail, because as of right now, this is probably my favorite custom that I've ever done. I'll try to get some better ones when I update again this weekend.

-DD
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 04:27 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Friday 2.24.06
« Reply #674 on: February 24, 2006, 04:35 AM »
It's my favorite of your's too. ;)

Damn that is one impressive custom. I really should be hitting the sack, so I'll comment in more detail later, but for not I'll just tell you how impressive that scarring is. How long did it take you?
"This is the way."