Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 163063 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Wednesday 3.8.06
« Reply #705 on: March 8, 2006, 01:24 PM »
Oh My God... that has to be one of the most evil looking characters I have ever seen... what a paint job!  What an evil being!  I had actually done a black and white pattern at one time on a fan fic Sith, but it looked nowhere as good as this.  Geeze... that's scary!  So well done too... I think that Maul would have been even better with that color pattern instead.

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 9, 2006, 02:43 AM »
Thanks guys.

Chewie: Yeah, he turned out pretty sinister, didn't he? Something about the white and black tattoos really seems creepy. The funny thing is, I have a few more Sith Lords rattling around in my brain that I can't wait to work on...I just need to assemble the pieces and find the time.

Smartypants: The head is actually a dremeled out GI Joe VvV Barrel Roll head, hollowed out to fit on the Darth Maul ball joint. Good guess, though.

In Rem: I didn't do much to Dooku's eyes after this pic was taken...I just followed Chewie's suggestion and made the pupils a little bigger and the eyebrows a little thicker. I'll try to get a pic up soon. With Malus, I used a VERY fine brush and a magnifing glass. It didn't come out perfectly symetrical like I hoped...chalk that up to my unsteady hand...but I'm happy with the result. The picture also magnifies the flaws, as big as it is...the flaws on the figure itself are less noticeable.

Phruby: Believe it or not, I have yet to find a single Scorch in the wild myself. Mine have all come from trades with red5sixx. I'd love to find a few more of these...if I hit a windfall I'd hook a brother up. In the meantime, you might check your trade bait and see what red5sixx needs...if you've got something he's looking I know he'd trade.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #707 on: March 9, 2006, 02:52 AM »
HOLY **** I know I should'nt say **** but that was the fisrt words that came out of my mouth when I say yout lastest figures.

Darth Malus - is simply one awesome looking figure the face itself is just awesome and looks pure evil I think it's the eyes that does it for this figure and the colour you've used for the robes is great the greys look excellent against the blacks well done.

Fi in his Stealth armor looks great the armour is very well painted and weathered I an't wait to get my hands on some of them for custom work.

DARK RENDEZVOUS DOOKU - this figure I'm really impressed with the way you've done a younger looking Dooku is excellent and painting is face a lighter skin tone just adds to the younger look and the tunic and cloths are very well painted indeed keep up the great work.

Ron

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: March 10, 2006, 08:56 AM »
Sorry I haven't posted in your thread lately, DD, I've been really busy. Trying to play catch-up today.

Darth Malus- Amazing. The paint looks so evil, especially with the white and black. How did you get so much detail into the face? That must have been really hard, and you pulled it off with exceptional results.

Fi Stealth Armor- Really, really, really cool. I haven't read Triple Zero or the other RC novels, but this custom with the perfect two-tone black and the gunmetal weathering is perfect. It's making want to read the novels, just to see what these badasses can do.

Young Dooku- Very nice. Is it a Dooku headsculpt? One thing I might suggest is to paint his face and skin a darker, tanner tone to make him look a little younger. The color of the robes is very nice, but I'm not too sure about the lightsaber. Would he have the same hilt as a Jedi and then as a Sith?
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: March 12, 2006, 08:05 PM »
hemble: Thanks for the feedback. I only wish I was as good as you at doing flesh washes...I think Dooku would really "come to life" with a hemble-style paint job on the face and hands.

Darth Nirvana: Thanks! The Dooku head is from the ROTS version. I went with a darker skin tone at first but it didn't come out as I hoped, so I went back to basics. The lightsaber hilt has more to do with Dooku's fighting style than his allegiance... In OPEN SEASONS he has the curved blade while still serving the Jedi Order. I think it's the color of the crystal used that marks it a Sith lightsaber more than the style of hilt.

Anyway, on to my latest. The Art of ROTS has this great page of designs for the Clone Wars Jedi, and one of Ian McCaig's concepts features Eeth Koth as having been blinded during the Clone Wars, but still serving as a General to his troops. I liked the concept so much I based this custom off of it...it's close to McCaig's design, but I added the clone armor to keep in line with some of the other EU ideas we've seen.

I still need to add a wee bit of weathering, but right now I kind of like the clean version. I might also paint the cord around his eyes to make it look more like a leather strap. My only regret with this figure is that I failed to give him ball-jointed shoulders. I think that really would have added something. Still, I'm pretty happy with him.

-DD
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 08:20 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Sunday 3.12.06
« Reply #710 on: March 12, 2006, 08:24 PM »
Hey, thats a good idea. He looks really cool with the ribbon around his eyes. Do you have the concept reference art? I like to see how close you got. Good use of parts there. The torso reminds me of the motor-cross qui-gon we got during the potj series.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 12, 2006, 08:30 PM »
Very nice work DD, in my opinion this is one of your best customs.

Great parts selection, great job putting them together.  What did you use for the blindfold?  And I wouldn't worryabout ball jointed shoulders, he looks great as is.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 12, 2006, 08:52 PM »
That is an incrdible custom! I really like the conrast of the bright red as opposed to the rest of the outfit.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 12, 2006, 10:23 PM »
Phruby: I'll have to get a scan of the pic and post it so you can see the inspiration. I did indeed use Motocross Qui Gon's torso, as the shoulders match McCaig's drawing almost exactly.

Chewie: The blindfold comes from a GIJoe VvV Jynx figure. I was tempted to have Koth fight the excellent Trandoshan custom I recently received in the mail.  :P

Perennial: So, that's one vote in favor of me NOT painting the blindfold brown. Anyone else?

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 12, 2006, 10:25 PM »
Dude, please tell me your making the Plo Koon with the wrist saber dealie?

Please?

I'd vote to paint the blindfold brown, or a khaki tan.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #715 on: March 12, 2006, 11:01 PM »
That Eeth Koth is one of the most badass custom Jedi I have ever seen!

Sort of takes the whole concept of the blast shield helmet to the next level. :)

Maybe this is where Obi Wan gets that training technique?

Amazing. You do some great stuff, DD.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 12, 2006, 11:21 PM »
Now thaat is something new and different. Reminds me of a Jedi-Samurai mix, I love it. :)

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #717 on: March 13, 2006, 12:02 AM »
He looks really good.  I like the use of the Jedi-Training Qui-Gon.  The clone armor goes really well with it.  The color choices for this figure are great and they tie every thing together. 

I like the red of the blindfold.  The red of it makes it stand out and contrasts great with the tan of the clothing.
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 13, 2006, 01:16 AM »
Famine: I am indeed working on the Plo Koon and the Ki Adi Mundi both. Plo's a little farther along, I just need to pick up one or two pieces to finish him before painting.

In Rem: You're too kind. It's funny, I was thinking of the blast shield bit while working on him: "Your eyes can decieve you, don't trust them." You know, while I don't have time to do a regular photonovel at this point like you and Chewie, maybe I could do a one or two chapter story about how he loses his sight. Interesting...

Jediknight760071: I also like the Samurai/Jedi connection. Makes me want to do a few Old Republic Jedi with more of a Samurai feel.

Phalanxx: Thanks! And for those counting, that's two votes for red blindfold, one vote against.  ;D
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: March 13, 2006, 01:25 AM »
I'd be all for a small photonovel from you!   :)

Hopefully you liked that Trandoshan too... also on the blindfold, red looks great.  Black or brown might look good too, but as it is I still think it's awesome.