Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 162370 times)

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update Tuesday, 6.24.06
« Reply #825 on: June 27, 2006, 09:40 AM »
good update with some cool charecters. it's been a while since you've been around hasn't it? good to see you on again.

- your roron looks great. you where able to capture the ithorian hunch back look very well. i really like the weathering on the weathering on the skin, it gives this figure a very unique apperance, great job!

- alpha looks good. very clean and crisp lines. mabey add a bit of weathering/battle damage. but otherwise a great clone.

- zoa, looks very cool. i've been wanting to do this one also. what bady did you use, it seems to work very well. great job!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #826 on: June 27, 2006, 11:04 AM »
Glad you are back buddy, I missed your updates.

The KKruhk is amazing, Great use of TMNT.

And that Gun for the ARC soo badass.

The drybrushing on Roron looks excellent, and makes it look real like the new Momaw.
Zao I've never heard of him, but he looks very interesting.

Can't wait to see more of your great customs soon.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 28, 2006, 03:04 AM »
Thank you, thank you!

Chewie: Thanks for the lightsaber effect shot, it looks REALLY cool! This will be the pic I submit to the custom alliance, with the added effects!

Smarty: Zao is a character in REPUBLIC. If you get the opportunity, pick up the collected Clone Wars volumes from Barnes and Noble or your local comic shop...they're a great read (actually feel more like SW than the first two movies did, for the most part) and Zao is quite interesting. He looks at the Force quite differently than his peers.

Jedistyle: For Zao I used the Yoda body, and extended the legs a bit with the sleeve cuffs from Lak Sivrak. Thanks on the skin texture on Roronn...everything I learned about drybrushing, I learned from trying to get as good at it as Chewie.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 29, 2006, 09:51 PM »
No problem on the pic DD, but it's the awesome custom you did that makes the photo.   ;)

:)

Offline kliqfan4life

• Youngling
  • my underhanded plan is......
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 30, 2006, 02:55 AM »
wat up dd,

Lovin alpha its crazy how real simple customs can look that geat, But I've heard from pretty good sorces that you have some customs coming out that are just f'n out of this world with premium imported italian leather so u need to post um also I stoped at BlueDots base and that cody was sick I mean perfect I love that lil obi wan holo lookin like sidious but whos gonna now? lol any let me know if you got  my pm ? if not Ill drop you an email.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2006, 06:57 AM by kliqfan4life »
Hey Yo !! bluedottoyz.com is tha spot!!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 3, 2007, 08:20 PM »
Can you freakin' believe I have not updated this thread since 6.24.06?!?

Some of you know me, and some of you are probably "meeting" me for the first time; I used to be really active on Jedidefender and Rebelscum up until about 7 months ago, when working two jobs really came down hard on my free time and kept me out of the customs hobby for awhile. I'm just starting to get back into it, and am attempting my hand at some new projects including sculpting. Here's what I've made in the last week:

Like a lot of you, I really like the Republic Commando's, and have decided to build a few custom squads; this is the first, a demolitions expert who likes to experiment with turning existing munitions into bigger and better implements of destruction. His varied levels of success and his uncanny luck at sabacc have earned him the nickname "Wildcard."

Basically just a Scorch  repaint with some custom gear, but like I said, I'm getting back into this slowly. I do plan on articulating his knees and feet like I have other Commando customs. This pic was taken before I "fogged" his visor.

Sev is modified from Hasbro's multipack, with the obvious knee and ankle articulation added, some subtle weathering, and a kit-bashed Sniper rifle.

I may yet weather the rifle a bit, but I figure Sev takes good care of his kit.  :D I also will probably add some numbers to his ammo counter.

Here's another member of my custom RC squad, their Sniper, Rayth.

Rayth is an interesting addition to Theta Squad, and somewhat of a dichotomy, as he is not only a proficient sniper and clone with the highest kill ratio in the Squad, but his knowledge of different species anatomy (the better to kill them) also makes him an exceptional field medic.

In one issue of insider, they had pics of Omega Squad, and one of them had a paint scheme just like "Boss" only in blue. Here's my take on that:

And a little action shot. I was bored.  ;)

And finally, the leader of my custom squad, Grail. (I haven't made a slicer for the squad yet, but it's coming.)

I realize these are all clones, but I have some non-clone stuff in the works. I'll post non-clone work soon.  Oh, and I owe two board members customs still; I haven't forgotten. If you're one of them, drop me a line and remind me what the hell I'm supposed to be doing for you. :D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 3.3.07!!!
« Reply #831 on: March 4, 2007, 03:02 PM »
hey dd aint seen you on here in aaaages...gd to see you havnt lost any talent...those rc's are great!
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 5, 2007, 04:06 PM »
WOoo! YAY! RC customs! Very nice painting on these latest customs. I love them. When you get the entire squad completed, let's see a pic of them all together in action.
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 8, 2007, 12:16 AM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback.

Korbra: A full squad pic will definitely make it's way on here. Thanks for the encouragement!

Here's one I've wanted to do for awhile that I finally got around to:

I was never happy with Hasbro's Thrawn, as he was not very poseable, and had a terrible, blobby looking head sculpt. I always imagined Thrawn as more lean and chiseled, and so with Colonel Yularen being a pretty close body match, threw this together.

The head is from a VvV Duke figure. I tried to paint the eyebrows so that they gave him a haughty expression. The epaulets came from the new Admiral Norrington Pirates figure (and I'm dying to use Sao Feng for Sith customs!) It's hard to tell in the pictures, but his hair is black with a dark blue drybrush that adds a little more detail.

I also plan to eventually make him a nutrient frame backpack to hold the ysalamiri.

-DD
« Last Edit: March 8, 2007, 02:03 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 25, 2007, 04:40 AM »
Wow...like a ghost town around here. Let me move these tumbleweeds out of the way...

There we go!

Here's a Wookiee Warrior I've been fussing over for two weeks...I think I'm finally satisfied with him:

I added the armor to the shoulder, and the crest to the helmet, as well as the dreadlocks in the back, and the long braids. I may add another dreadlock or two, but I'm pretty happy with him now.

Here's another commando, Sarge from AIWHA squad:

And one to show off the knee articulation:

AIWHA Squad is featured in one of those CLONE WARS ADVENTURES books. The art is terrible and the story is pretty basic, but I liked the designs of these guys, and I'm always looking to make more commando squads, so there you go. I do need to add some web gear to his waist, but haven't found the exact parts I want yet. If someone ever makes a decent cast of a removable commando helmet, I'll customize all their heads, but in the meantime...what you see is what you get.  :wink:

I'll probably have a few more customs done before the weekend's over, so stay tuned!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline EUCustomMan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Figure Site
« Reply #835 on: March 25, 2007, 12:41 PM »
The wookiee is pretty cool. I love all the braids.

In the clone Wars adventures doesn't that whole squad of Commando's die???

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 25, 2007, 02:17 PM »
I haven't read all the CWA books, so I'm not sure if AIWHA squad is the group that gets wiped out, or if it's another squad...I'll have to find out. In the story I read they were rescuing women and children, and they bring a kid back to their Jedi general, assuring him he'll be safe...then order 66 comes down and they gun the jedi down in front of the kid, Pretty grim.

I know in one CWA book there's a lame story of HALO Commandos, and their parachutes amount to umbrellas that they hold on to. (As if that would support the weight of their armor.) It's really terrible and they look like Mary freakin' Poppins, and they thankfully get killed, except for their leader. It's a laughable story...

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 25, 2007, 02:24 PM »

Damn dude.  This thing is fantastic.  Bangup job there.  The Preview wookiee warrior is one of the best figures to date and you found a way to make it twice as cool as it was originally.  Awesome.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline EUCustomMan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Figure Site
« Reply #838 on: March 25, 2007, 03:22 PM »

I know in one CWA book there's a lame story of HALO Commandos, and their parachutes amount to umbrellas that they hold on to. (As if that would support the weight of their armor.) It's really terrible and they look like Mary freakin' Poppins, and they thankfully get killed, except for their leader. It's a laughable story...

-DD

Thats the one I was thinking of! That story was lame, but it did have a pretty cool Ugnaught Jedi in it.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 3.26.07!!!
« Reply #839 on: March 26, 2007, 01:34 AM »
Dressel: Thanks for the kind words; I really like the Wookiee Warrior as well, and Wooks in general. I have one more Wook that will be posted this week. Not much of a custom, more of accessorizing really, but I hope you'll like it as well. Maybe I should post a pic of all my wookiees together...

EUCustomMan: Sounds like you were looking for the silver lining in that story like I was. That Ugnaught Jedi WAS pretty keen.

Here's a Sith Lord I've been working on; I really liked the original concept drawing of Kit Fisto which imagined him as a Sith Lord, so once I got the excellent Sao Feng body, I had to give a Nautolan Sith a go:

I didn't want to go with a pure white on the skin; I wanted it to look really dry and necrotic, as if it hadn't seen moisture in a long while and was being corrupted by the dark side. Accordingly, you can see some of the veins in his head as the corruption takes it's toll on his flesh. It looks creepier in person, the flash washes out some detail and this was the best picture I could get. I also had to try to come up with some sort of approximation of Sith eyes on a different species...I actually like how they came out.

One thing I'm not happy with is the red band around his hanging tentacle, so I'll be changing it. Other than that, I've hit an empasse; not sure if he's done, I may revisit him a bit later.

All right, I challenged myself to make an EU custom every two weeks for the next few months. Some of you may remember I started off with Grand Admiral Thrawn. (Previous page.)

Well, it's week 2 and I'm nowhere close to finishing Joruus C'Baoth...but, I still need an EU custom, right? So here's a quick one anyone can do:

The "Tusken" Jedi, Sharad Hett. With Hasbro's new VTSC Tusken Raider, this one is really simple. I just repainted the tunic, removed the soft goods, and used the lower portion of an Obi-Wan Clone Wars tunic, trimmed to fit. A little drydrushing with a lighter blue to being out the detail, and voila! Instant Sharad.

-DD
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 02:19 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!