Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 162329 times)

Offline kliqfan4life

• Youngling
  • my underhanded plan is......
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-update Sunday 11.20.05
« Reply #570 on: November 21, 2005, 06:02 AM »
sorry dd my bad, I was in a hurry and gonna post later and later is now !! The obi-wan looks great except for the belt, what cape is that dooku? and the mandolorians are  the stuff!! but again  to me being so full of noob-sauce, what body is the brass one? for some reason I like that one better maybe because It looks different. One more thing about the palpatine, are the heads on the bust ups capable of being pulled out that head looks so good Im tempted to get one from the bluedottoyz.com. so I can put it on like 35.
Hey Yo !! bluedottoyz.com is tha spot!!!!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #571 on: November 22, 2005, 10:33 PM »
the obi is incredible but i realy am wondering bout the mando

it looks like it is a female becasue of the shape of the armor i like the paint scheme but not the sculpt realy but nayway great customs keep of the good work

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 22, 2005, 10:41 PM »
Actually, it does have a feminine shape in a way.  Not that it's a bad thing, just an observation.

:P

Offline red5sixx

• Youngling
  • How much for everything??
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 22, 2005, 11:00 PM »
DD,

Let me start by saying, HEY HASBRO! Your customs always amaze me, just when I think they can't get better, BAM! Obi wan is nice, Gree ( Your killing me), and your Mandalorian looks like a bada@#. I really like the paint scheme. Where do you get your ideas? Do they come to you in your sleep? or maybe Wobb? I may never know. If where at work and I meet up with that Mandalorian in an alley and he kicked my a@#, would I be eligable for workers comp? That's it for now.

RED5

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 2, 2005, 04:11 PM »
DD, where in the hell are you?   :)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #575 on: December 3, 2005, 03:42 PM »
Hi DD

mate that Gree is awesome the paint apps are brillant and he looks like he should do from the movie.

Obi-Wan in clone armor is yet another great custom I'm going to have to one like that with the cape and see how it turns out.

That Mandalorian what can you say but WOW it looks bloody brillant and I especially like the bronze colour armour well done indeed mate.

Ron

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 4, 2005, 01:02 AM »
DD, where in the hell are you?   :)

Hey Chewie!

I wish I could be on more; my personal life of late has become full to overflowing with things that eat awat at my time, so I may not be around much for at least another week or so.  Be assured, I'll have some new stuff when I pop back in, and will answer everyone's PM's as well!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 4, 2005, 12:16 PM »
Sounds good DD, no worries.  Always gotta take care of personal stuff first, this hobby is always secondary (or usually it is)!

Stay tuned because I should have a very big update in my thread this evening.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 8, 2006, 04:11 PM »
Can you believe it's been a month and a half since I last updated? It's good to have time to post something again!

This first custom came about from having extra parts from the custom Gree's I've done for people. Since I use a #41 helmet to make Gree movie accurate, I end up with extra Gree heads lying around, which in and of themselves aren't bad...they're just not Gree. So, I decided to use one and make a commander out of it. Here is Commander Seph:

I imagine him as the instructor for the Republic Army's sniper corps, which is why I went with the long range rifle. I also scarred the hell out of his armor as I imagine him being alone in the field for long periods of time.

Next up is just a random use of Extra parts. I figure this is one of the ubiquitous service droids you see around the galaxy:

Painting the individual wires was a bit of a pain, but I think in the end he needed the splash of color.

Next up is another droid, this one a custom built war/assassin droid:

I have a few more drying that hopefully will be finished tonight.

-DD
« Last Edit: January 8, 2006, 08:45 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-update Sunday 1.8.06
« Reply #579 on: January 8, 2006, 09:19 PM »
Very nice DD, I've been missing your updates very much and it's great to see you were able to update again.

Assassin Droid - I'm not too keen on the body of the 4LOM figure, but you put it to good use.  He looks evil and scary with that head choice, excellent use of that probe droid thing.  I like the rusty look to him too, he looks like he's been around for decades.  Awesome.

Random Droid - I love this, one of the neatest ideas using that head on that body.  I think I will have to copy that.  He looks weird without a face, but weird is good on Star Wars droids.

Clone Seph - This is easily one of the coolest Clone customs I've seen anyone make.  I have no suggestions to make it better, it's just awesome.  Excellent design and painting. One of your best!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 8, 2006, 11:24 PM »
Hey Chewie! I've missed updating too, I'm glad to finally have a little free time to work on things again. Mostly what I've been posting today is some quick customs I've put together; I have some more complicated stuff but it's not quite ready to be unveiled. Here's some other quickies.

I think the design on Durge is kind of cool, and I preferred the SA figure that came with the speeder bike to the less poseable single-card version. However, the deluxe version had a less-than-deluxe paint job. So armed with some Tamiya "smoke" I set out to make the deluxe figure look that way:

It's hard to see because of the flash, but there's some gunmetal and silver drybrushed in there as well to make his armor look more battle-worn.

I've always liked the Gonk droid; heck, I even have a full-sized one in my office that my friend Tom made from Sterilite tubs. Next up is a quick attempt to resurrect the "Power Droid" from my youth:

I just need to find a little metal ring to glue on his faceplate and I'll be finished.

Finally, a Ubese bounty hunter. I can't remember who did it, but I basically ripped off the recipe from of our fellow customizers because I liked it so much.

I'll probably end up adding more to this one in the future, but as of right now, I'm finished with it. Thanks to the person who inspired it!

-DD

« Last Edit: January 8, 2006, 11:32 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 9, 2006, 12:42 AM »
Cool, more updates from you.  Good to see!

Durge - I agree, that sculpt and the articulation are just unreal.  I wish they could do that more often.  The only thing it lacked was a more realistic paint scheme, and you nailed it.

Gonk - Always love these guys.  Gonk!  Gonk!

Bounty Hunter - I love the design, I can't remember who first came up with it either.  But excellent work on it from putting the parts together to the paint.  Looks great and ready to go on a hunt.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 10, 2006, 06:44 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, Chewie. If not for you, I'd have gotten zip, nada. First time I've ever done better on 'scum than over here!   ;D

Here's a few I banged out tonight while watching the SCRUBS DVD I got for Christmas.

Commander Krell: You've seen him before, but I've done some touch up and added the shoulder satchel, so I figures what the hell...throw him in there.

Galactic Marine: Not quite satisfied with this one yet...the helmet resculpt came out alright, I think...but I'm not sure how to go about doing the kneepads. Suggestions? He also needs some more weathering.

Commander Deviss: Just a simple repaint of the Evo clone commander into the #33 Clone Commander we all know and love, with added battle damage.

Hope you guys enjoy.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-update Tuesday 1.10.06
« Reply #583 on: January 10, 2006, 09:40 AM »
Wow! Some great stuff there DD. Your stuff has gotten so much better with these. I'm really enjoying seeing them. My favorites are your two droids. The built war/assassin droid is well rusted and he does look evil with that probe droid head. Good choice of colors there. The random droid is a good use for that star tours body. There isn't alot you can do with that body but this works well.

DD, are you going to the JD lunch meeting on the 28th? I think we are going bowling.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-update Tuesday 1.10.06
« Reply #584 on: January 10, 2006, 10:31 AM »
Another fine update DD.  Don't worry about a lack of responses here, I'm sure the bums here will get off their tails and give you some more feedback.   ;)

Commander Krell - I love it, what is that poncho thing?  It gives him a unique, realistic wartime look. 

Galactic Marine - I'm a little stumped about what to tell you about the knees.  I wonder if you can dremel off some clone kneecaps or something from some junk figures to put on him.  Other than that it's awesome.  The helmet looks fantastic.  Is it me or do these guys just look evil?

Commander Deviss - Sometimes these "simple" little repaints turn out the best.  This looks great.