Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 162341 times)

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-update Tuesday 1.10.06
« Reply #585 on: January 10, 2006, 10:43 AM »
Wow DD, alot of great figures here.  I really like those droids! Especially the one with the maul/vader floating orb as a head.  Great work. Clones look great too, but that bounty hunter "rip off" is very cool!!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 10, 2006, 01:40 PM »
DD i've always loved that comm krell of yours w/the poncho deal/ and rope.  I actually saved a pic of that one and have always wanted to copy it but have never been able to find anything similar to that poncho.  the helmet on the marine A+ painr apps on him are great too, as far as the knee pads, what about the detachable armor from the obi in clone armor from that jedi vs. sepies set.  i don't have it in front of me but i suppose that might be suitable, that is if you're willing to sacrafice such  A class figure  ::).  great repaint on durge, i think by far an under developed character.  great service droid, good old rust buckets are great dio fillers.  the assasin droid while good paint and head, i'm not a big fan of "buff" droids.  i think the c-3po, epii droid factory version would've been a better body.  and my fav of the bunch your sniper great and i mean great paint apps.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 10, 2006, 03:46 PM »
Excellent work, DD!

You always make amazing droids!  I LOVE the "assassin droid" - those Sith probes make sinister looking heads!  Excellent job.

Love the "service droid", too.  Great design, I can see this pathetic creaky bastard moaning and complaining through hours and hours of mindless work.

Great repaints with the Gonk and Durge.

And the clones look absolutely flawless.  Wonderful painting job and the "Galactic Marine" is a read stand-out, it looks damn professional (well, better, actually).

A truly first rate batch.  Wonderful to see you so busy!  Tremendous work all around.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 10, 2006, 04:04 PM »
DD, the durge looks great!  I just took at look at the base figure (a friend has it in his office, hehehe).  Your paint job additions are great.  What a transformation!

I think your Galactic Marine head sculpt it great!  Are the legs supposed to be maroon?  Obviously as a colorblinder, take that last comment with a grain of salt  ;)  However, I thought they were supposed to be maroon.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #589 on: January 10, 2006, 11:40 PM »
I'm gonna comment on the last update DD and try to get to the others in time.  I'm just not as involved in customs critiques as I had been as of late.  Just too much on my plate.

The Krell is really a nice figure and while I'm not sure of his original design (is he EU or fan fic?) I think the shoulder poncho from the one GI Joe figure looks great.  You covered up the Cobra emblem on it really well too which is really the key...  That's a wartorn soldier though, definitely quality work and of course with just the right ammount of battle wear.  Probably my favorite of the 3.

As for the Galactic Marine, I don't know what to tell you on the legs either.  I'm not sure what their knee plates look like.  Are they Snowtrooper plates?  If that's the case I think they'd be easy enough to duplicate using styrene scraps.  ALways worth keeping around...  The figure seems like he needs some weathering too, nto sure if you're holding off on that till you finish the legs though either.  The helmet looks really accurate though at the lenses, nice work, and the red's just right too.

The red Commander's repaint is really nice...  I'm curious why you chose to repaint a Evo Clone in favor of just a repaaint of the #33 though?  The battle damage looks great though,a s always, and spices the figure up where it should be.

Another great round of Clones but Krell's the best, I like the cut of that one's jib.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 11, 2006, 12:55 AM »
Awesome updated, DD! It was I who came up with the ubese bounty hunter design, and anyone else is very welcome to use it. I love your representation of it, very desert-worn.

A favourite of mine is your commander krell. I remember seeing him a long while ago and loving it.

Man, I should update my thread soon :P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 11, 2006, 01:49 AM »
Ah yes! If I remember correctly, Perennial, the Ubese design was for one of the custom challenges, wasn't it? So good I even wanted mine to have a similar paint scheme.  ;D

Phruby: I hadn't heard about the luncheon on the 28th, but I'm game. Thanks for the feedback, droids are some of my favorite customs to work on.

Chewie/Jedipurge: Thanks for the feedback! Krell's rain poncho comes from a GIJoe Swamp Rat figure; I cut off the cobra symbol, sanded down the area and repainted the poncho. Later I decided on the shoulder satchel. He's one of my favorites too.

JJ- Good to see you critiquing; you're one of our most in-depth commentators, so it's always good when you have time to pop in. Krell is completely fan-fic, just a Commander I came up with while reattaching his severed shoulder from my tragic "Easy Lift Off" debacle. On Commander Deviss, I decided to go with the Evo clone because I wanted the waist articulation and the removable helmet, neither of which the #33 body offers. The Galactic Marine will get fully weathered once I have him finished.

Quazar: Funny, I imagined the service droid being a complainer as well! Any news on when we'll see another chapter in your awesome photonovel?

BrentS: The movie reference for the Galactic Marines is gray, so that's what I went with...there may be some other sources out there that show them as maroon, though. Gree has a lot of differing references as well.

Glassman: Glad you like the droids, they were a bit of a pain, getting the rust and chipped paint to look right. Took a few coats. (And I still need to go back and clean up the exposed wiring on the assassin droid...grrrr!)

I should have a few more up this week, before I fly off to Washington to visit my Dad, so stay tuned!

-DD
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 02:34 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline kliqfan4life

• Youngling
  • my underhanded plan is......
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 11, 2006, 03:14 AM »
dd,

Great to see your back on your custom sith thrown, really diggin the Durge, I would have liked see more damage on ur clones but some clones put in 2 much work to lay down in the dirt, its wierd after scrubs was over today I poped in season 1 and saw the quick lil sw spot they did on like the 6th episode and was like can dd make a zack skywalker or donold solo? oyea Got ur EDDIE G 2day its in perfect condition Ill have that for ya 2marrow...

K4L
Hey Yo !! bluedottoyz.com is tha spot!!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #593 on: January 11, 2006, 05:19 AM »
Hey DD,

Yeah I just haven't been critiquing customs, but I have been futzing with some simple parts I've slapped together here and there at my house, I just haven't had energy to catch up on commenting around any boards...  Life keeps me from customs more than I'd like it to, but that's just the way it goes. :)

Anyway I'm trying to comment now on the previous update, and get the other one next...

Commander Seph...  A nice use of "parts you have lying around", I must say.  I don't have much laying about clone-wise but some Bacara bits here and there.  I even had to use the one right arm to replace on a Bly that came as a factory defect, so Clone parts just aren't something I have many of.

The paint's cool, and I can definitely see the sniper look...  The cammo pattern, but not too cammo (IE: Not all over or with a guillie suit or whatnot) makes sense.  He could teach snipers, sharpshooters, etc...    I wish I had that kind of random junk laying around though.  AT-TE Pauldrons aren't too common in my fodder bin unfortunately.  I like him and he's a good use of stuff you had extra to make yet another Clone Trooper style.

Ubiquitous Service Droid...  A fantastic use of, again, random parts...  But again I must say that I wish I had the WEG-1618 droid around for customizing, haha.  I was really wanting to build a small army of him, as he's one of my favorite droid figures in the modern line actually.  Hasbro went all out for detail on that one though.  The work you did on yours is equally impressive too.

The rust, grease, and general grime all over him are really nice touches to make him look like he's seen a long hard life.  The treadwell head fits it perfectly too and adds a look of classic SW simplicity.  Like the droids look in the classic films.  The EV-9D9 legs are equally simplistic forms of mobility for the droid.  I like that you took the time to paint the wiring...  If you'd wanted to, you could have added some bulk wirring from old electronic devices to the figure to change up his overall shape and add dimension to him.  I do this with some droid figures and parts as well just to have "ground fodder" for any set-up from Jawas to Tuskens to Imperial trash compactors.  Good stuff to think of.

I'm amazed how many different droids make up that droid...  Not a single piece is from the same figure save for the legs and arms matching as pairs.  That's great man.

Assassin Droid...  Again another nice use of parts though easier to recognize.  The way the Sith probe seems to match the body is really neat though, and really that could make an equally good simple protocol droid.  The grime and grit paintjob is cool...  I could have seen you going for something less base metal in color though and maybe a flat grey, or some other base military color, if he's a war droid...  If an assassin droid I could see a shiney black or gunmetal color, dark, with some nicks down to a bare silver base...  I dont' know why, that just comes to mind.

The red eyes on the head really stand out and look sinister.  Very much like the same items on Separatist battledroids, sot hat's cool, and the angled antenna is great.  Maybe a backpack would be in order for him too?  Perhaps even a jetpack?  Make him that slightly bit more deadly.

My only other thought is his gun seems off unless you're wanting him to be a Sep droid...  I could see a smaller gun, perhaps with something that braces it to his firing forearm so it aims easier...  Of course, IG-88 doesn't have that so I'm simply talking out my ass really. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 11, 2006, 10:03 AM »
DD, Lots of great stuff. I've been checking it out for a while, but finally wanted to give you my cudos. Seamless work, excellent paint apps.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline red5sixx

• Youngling
  • How much for everything??
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 13, 2006, 02:59 AM »
DD, Once again...CAN I JUST SAY AMAZING!!!!

Droids are nice, really love the detail nice to see them in their finished stage. Galactic marine is just awsome one of these days it may disappear.....I was the crazy guy I swear(disclaimer: that line is intended for your own personal amusment and no way ment for the enjoyment of others, because they have no idea what I am talking about.) I'm tired... going to sleep I will finish up later.

RED5SIXX

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 14, 2006, 02:40 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, JJ! The idea of adding wires is a good one I never thought of...I'll probably do that to my next WEG custom.

The ideas on the Assassin droids are good as well. The sep weapon was just for the pic, really...I'll give him a custom blaster eventually. I also like the jetpack idea...I'll implement that soon.

Red5sixx-Good to see you pop in, you need to comment on stuff more regularly! How much for all of it...that's funny!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 15, 2006, 12:57 AM »
DD, i really like your Commander Krell a lot, the poncho and extra little bits make him a believable fan-fic clone. he obviously is creativly and more important, thoughtfully put together and painted which is becoming a rarity these days when it comes to custom clones.

as far as the galactic marine, the head sculpt looks amazing, definitely one of the best i have seen. as far as the knee pads go, all i can think of is perhaps cutting them off a snowtrooper & pasting them on the marine and doing something like that...but i'm not sure how well that would work. i'm really tired right now so if that sounds dumb just ignore it  :P

the assassin droid is unique looking, at first i wasn't sure if i liked it or not to be honest, but the paint apps drew me in and i find myself liking it a lot now.

i love the blue gonk, gonk's are just plain fun and it's nice to see one pop up again.

the Durge repaint is nice as well, great sprucing up so to speak  :)

as always, i look forward to updates from you, please keep 'em coming  :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 15, 2006, 11:18 PM »
I should have a few more up this week, before I fly off to Washington to visit my Dad, so stay tuned!

-DD

*cough*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 16, 2006, 12:24 AM »
Yeah, so I didn't get them posted before I left... but that just means more for when I return, right?

Darth Ripley: Glad you like Krell...when creating a new clone I try to imagine an environment and campaign for them first, and usually that spurs me to better designs. Krell was imagined as being in a rainy, moutainous terrain. Hence the poncho and the coiled rappeling rope. Eventually, I'll make a small squad for him. I really must find time to do a photonovel like Chewie. I only hope if I ever get the chance, it'll turn out half as good.

As for the Marine, I thought about cutting the kneepads off a snowtrooper...but decided then I'd have mangled snowtrooper legs. I'll probably end up making the kneepads from Epoxy on this one, then on future Marines I'll just use the Snowtrooper legs from the get-go. I've also considered Clone Pilot legs with the boots cut off and replaced with Snowtrooper boots. Anyone got any spare clone pilots?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!