Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 163027 times)

Offline Talon_Karrde

• Jedi Initiate
  • NO! This one goes here; and that one goes here.
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-update Tuesday 1.10.06
« Reply #600 on: January 21, 2006, 12:57 PM »
Hey dd, great stuff as usual.  I have a clone pilot sans head if you still need it.  I'll see if i have any others
This is my avatar. Talon Karrde

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #601 on: January 27, 2006, 02:06 PM »
Great updates all around DD!

I really like that Durge repaint (I've been meaning to make a Durge for a while now).  I think that you nailed the paint job.  Great upgrade.

The droids, especially the assassin droid, came out very well also.  The part choice for the head of the assassin droid was very cool. 

The clones came out great, especially Commander Seph.  Nice work!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 29, 2006, 05:13 AM »
DD

Just wanted to say i LOVE your Commander Krell.  I hadn't seen him before but I just wanted to say the orange used i think fits really well and the poncho/tunic is a GREAT touch!

The weathering is also done just right, not too much but still looks like he got his hands dirty.

well done!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 29, 2006, 07:36 PM »
Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback!

aeseven: Always good to have you pop in. I'm glad you like Krell, he was a lot of fun to do. I bought some more Swamp Rats this weekend for extra ponchos, both for clones and because I think I've become a big enough fan of Chewie's Kala Mly Shundi that I want to make my own.

Gregorbian: Long time no see! Where have you been, man?

Well, I've been sick most of this week (Damn head cold) so I haven't done much customizing. (At least, nothing really complicated...) Still, I finished a few simple ones so I figured I might as well post them.

First, a simple head swap custom. I love the new Hasbro AT-AT driver body, but the helmet looks odd, like it's melting. So, I decided to swap it out with the superior Bust-Up sculpt.

Next is an Iktochi smuggler. I still want to add some weathering, but I figured I'd post it and seek some advice from Chewie on what colors to use. And yeah, I got lazy with the backgrounds...I didn't even photograph them at the same angle as the figure. Sue me.  :P

Finally, I picked up some Wave 3 figures from Red5sixx, and immediately sacrificed one to make a custom Jedi that I may finish tonight; so with the leftover head and hands I figured I needed to make this character as he appeared in the final issues of REPUBLIC.

Sora Bulq as he looked when he murdered Oppo Rancisis and then met his fate at the hands of Quinlan Vos. The rest of Sora Bulq is being worked into my A'Sharad Hett custom.

I would have liked to try some Chewie style lightsaber effects in this pic, but I just didn't have the time to futz with it.

My next Wave 3 customs will probably be some custom Republic Commandos...still haven't decided yet if I'm going to make the remaining Deltas, or some fan-fic commandos.

-DD

« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 07:38 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-update Sunday 1.29.06
« Reply #604 on: January 29, 2006, 07:49 PM »
I really like that AT-AT Driver upgrade, nice work.  I never noticed that the Saga AT-AT Driver helmet was "off" until you mentioned it.  Thanks a lot  ::)  :P

Sora Bulq looks awesome, that's one of the best customs that I've seen in a while.  How did you make the bottom robes black? 

I don't think you really need to add too much weathering to the Iktochi smuggler - maybe a bit but he looks fine right now.  Maybe you could add some trim around the edges of his trenchcoat?

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 29, 2006, 07:52 PM »
Hey Gregorbian!

For Sora Bulq all I did was a simple head, neckpost and hand swap. The body is from an Evolutions Palpatine and the outer robe is a Maul robe from the Episode I Accessory pack.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 29, 2006, 07:54 PM »
Hey Gregorbian!

For Sora Bulq all I did was a simple head, neckpost and hand swap. The body is from an Evolutions Palpatine and the outer robe is a Maul robe from the Episode I Accessory pack.

-DD

Cool man, I think I should have picked up that Sith Evo set now...  :-\

How is the articulation on the Republic Commando figure?  Is it good custom fodder or are we SOL?

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 29, 2006, 07:57 PM »
The RC arms are ball jointed at the elbows, swiveled at the shoulder. So, not bad there. The legs, however, only move at the hip. Hasblow cheaped out on the knee and ankle articulation, just like they cheaped out on Cody by giving him "AT-TE Gunner" style arm articulation.

And the Sith Evo sets are great...as Chewie proved with Kala Mly Shundi, even Maul's body is useful for customizing, and I've already used parts of Palpatine in a new project and Dooku's legs on something else...good thing I bought a few of these.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 29, 2006, 07:58 PM »
Sora Bulq - Now this is one evil looking figure, I love the use of the Palpatine body.  Good choice there.  I do have one extra Evolutions Palpatine that I've been waiting to use for a Sith body... looks like now I know what I'll do with it!

Smuggler - Very cool, I think the paint looks good as it is.  The parts work well and I like the trenchcoat type jacket.  If you do any extra weathering... I'd say do a white dry brush on the jacket and then a black wash.  Doesn't really need it, but it might look cool.

AT-AT Driver - Well, I'm not sure what to do now on mine.  Do I swap off the heads from mine and do what you did, or keep them as they are?  Not sure yet, but what you did looks great.  I do like the Hasbro sculpt, but you can't go wrong with the Bust Up version either.

Wow, what a nice update here, you've motivated me to get my butt in gear.   Can't wait to see what you have up for us next, and if you get a chance to take some pics of that Commando, I'm sure we'd all be grateful.  :)

:P

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 30, 2006, 01:53 AM »
Nice DD.  I like the head swap for the AT-AT driver.....The stock head reminds me of Droopy the Dog.

The smuggler is nice and simple.  I like the paint job on his face and horns, as well as the non-earth-toned outfit.  The stock Tiin just looks so doo-doo brown blah, and you've avoided translating the dooky factor to the smuggler, which is a good thing.  Contrast is the new chicken soup for the soul and little black dress.

The Bulq is way cool, and again you've proven that some of the coolest customs aren't the most complex.  Only thing about him that throws me is his head looks like it's floating.  Probably just the camera flash or dark clothes + dark background.  That or I've had too many sarsaparilla-nyquil cocktails.

B

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #610 on: January 30, 2006, 08:17 PM »
Excellant Job DD. Where do I start.

The driver: Great idea simple swap, but effective, looks great.
Smuggler. Good use of old parts. :P I love the chest holster concealed under his        cloak.

Sora: Looks good great use of palp's body. I haven't seen him in this outfit so I can't comment on that.

All around good job DD.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #611 on: January 30, 2006, 10:30 PM »
DD -

I haven't been around much, but wanted to drop in and say how much I dig that SB. Your comment about the saber effects inspired me...

Sort of a thick-of-the-battle look...

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 31, 2006, 01:03 AM »
That came out really nice! Thanks, InRem!

Oh, and as for Commando pics...I'll post some this week, although I bet mrmforcex and Dan Curto over at 'scum beat me to it.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 31, 2006, 01:07 AM »
I'll post some this week, although I bet mrmforcex and Dan Curto over at 'scum beat me to it.

Some of us refuse to go to Scum.

That Sora Bulq is quite awsome.

One minor thing is that one of his saber blades needs to be smaller than the other. I suggest one of Darth Mauls removable saber blades from the Sith training set. Anyways, very awsome.

Lucky you for getting a Bulq before me.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 31, 2006, 07:01 PM »
Great Job on that AT-AT Driver Bust-Up Custom. You've really taken the best of both Pieces and created a superior AT-AT Driver. It Reminds me of a Mini Marmit AT-AT Driver.

Now I'm off to find me an AT-AT Driver Bust-Up.

Keep up the great Work.
Fritzkrieg