Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 162344 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-update Sun. 2.5.06
« Reply #645 on: February 5, 2006, 03:55 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback, guys!

BrentS: I think you can still find reasonably priced Sith Evo packs online. I think Amazon had them for $23.99, but barring that I think they're $29.99 at bluedottoyz or Toyrocket. You might check out bluedot's E-Bay store as well...if you don't want the whole set he seels a lot of things loose.

Chewie: You have a keen eye for detail, that is indeed a ball jointed head on the field commander. I used an AT-TE neck post Glassman was kind enough to send me with some of his Parjai squad helmet sculpts. The head came from the Imperial scanning crew member, and although I did a good job repairing him and he looks great in person, you can she the slight distortion of the shadows on his hat where I had to resculpt it after drilling through his head.  ;D

As for the ARC's, I've always liked them myself, but not the over-loaded versions we got in the Dark Horse books...that's why I went with the simpler design and used regular clone armor without adding all the extra gear. Oh, and on the Kashyyyk trooper...I didn't mean to imply he was my concept of a Kashyyyk trooper. In the reference I have that design was originally slated to be the infantry on Kashyyyk (and piloting speeder boats, no less) until G.L. changed his mind. I agree they would not have blended well.  :P

I'm glad everyone likes A'Sharad...It took a long time for me to gear up to finally making him. I'll post some additional pics when I update tonight.

-DD
« Last Edit: February 5, 2006, 03:55 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 5, 2006, 05:18 PM »
Great looking bunch of Customs you've got there.

Kashyyk Trooper> Very nice, Clean Lines, Great Weathering, my only critique is that the Green may be a little to bright.

Imperial Field Commander> Great job of melding these parts together although, I think there are much better Imperial Mugs than the Imperial Scanner Crew's that could have made this guy a little more handsome. I was also wondering if the Arms were still articulated at the shoulder? I got fustrated and just glued mine on.

SA ARC Troopers> Great looking Clean Customs.  Thay look pretty much factory to me accept for the Great Weathering Job on the first one. Hasbro just can't seem to get Weathering down. They could use a lesson or two from Mcfarlane.

Jedi> I have this same custom on my list, Only I think I'll paint his Tunic Green and Call him Corran Horn. This Head is one of my favorite Fodder pieces to come down the pipe in a long time. I'm plannig on using it for my Altimate Fel when I have all my Fodder pieces as well as One of the Main Characters in my Photo Novel.

A'Sharad Hett> This is the Best One of the Bunch by far. Great Inovation on your Part for comming up w/ such a great parts mix. The Paint and Weathering is Spot-On. The Only thing keeping this Custom from Sheer Perfection is the Lack of A'Sharad's unique Breather. I've been looking around Hardware stores trying to find the right bit of fodder to pull this off myself.

Keep up the Great Work!
Fritzkrieg

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 5, 2006, 05:43 PM »
Hey Fritz...

Actually, I based this version of A'Sharad off of the issues when he was mentoring Anakin, and had the regular Tusken breath filter. If I do the Padawan version of him at some point, I'll probably have to sculpt the 'breather as you're right, there's nothing out there that fits. (Although a Mynock Chewie mouth piece might be a good start.)

As for the field commander, he does indeed have fully articulated shoulders.

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #648 on: February 5, 2006, 08:09 PM »
I thought hett was human raised by the tuskans, his father was a jedi or something like that.

Offline red5sixx

• Youngling
  • How much for everything??
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 6, 2006, 01:28 AM »
DD,

Nice update A'Sharad is some of your best work this stuff is just amazing.  SA Arc I can never get tired of clones can't wait to see those commandos.  Bye the way I have some extra wv 3 I want to get rid of if you know anyone who wants some.

Red5

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 6, 2006, 02:12 AM »
Red5sixx- I'll sound the call. Hear that guys? Wave 3, pipin' hot!

Smarty: You're correct, Hett is human and was raised by Tuskens. He actually believed he was half Tusken until taken to Coruscant and discovered humans and Tuskens are genetically incompatible. (Unlock Star Trek, where every alien race can breed with each other.  ::)) His mother was apparently a human captured by Tuskens that his father fell in love with.

Anyway, on to the update...and my exercise in frustration.

Since I've started making custom commandos, I needed more Trandoshans to display them against, right? Well, what should have been easy today became a nightmare.

I had two seps painted and looking pretty good. Then when I went to dull cote them, something bizarre happened and their paint ran...well, it's like it oxidized. Suddenly they looked as if I'd sprayed them with gray primer, and they were little bubbles everywhere, so an hour of detailing was completely lost. Since I promised another update I'll show you what they look like after a quick retouch, but they are by no means complete.

The first one was another attempt to vary the Trandoshan look up a bit. I looked at some skinks for lizard reference, and came up with the scale pattern you see here. I'm still not sure how I feel about it, especially post accident...but here he is.

The second originally looked so much better, I can't even tell you how disappointed I am in what happened. Originally he had a Gila Monster scale pattern that looked pretty wicked, and the suit and armor looked much better...but once it was destroyed I was so frustrated I just went pack to basics. Both of these guys will need to be completely reworked.

Grrr...I'm going to bed.  >:(

-DD
« Last Edit: February 6, 2006, 03:47 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-disaster update Mon. 2.6.06
« Reply #651 on: February 6, 2006, 03:12 AM »
Hi Ya DD

The  Trandoshan- are great the colour of their scales is very well done and the different armour you've given them is unquie and natural.

Kashyyyk clone- I like the look of him the armour looks worn but not over done which is great.

Field Commander- This is a great looking figure the overcoat really sets the mood as an officer.

Scorch- This is a awesome figure I can't wait till they get over here.

ARC troopers- more Troopers are a good thing and you've done a excellent job with both of them again just the right amount of oaint work and weathering.

human Jedi- I have to agree with about not seeing enough human jedi's and your is simple but effective.

A'Sharad Hett- Now I have to say this is one of the best figures I've seen you do there's nothing I don't like about him everything is excellent.

Ron

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 6, 2006, 04:11 AM »
i commented on the others over at scum (themurderweapon), but those trandos are awesome dd!!! I bet they'll look great next to your commandos 8) I definitely like what you've done with the different pattern on the scales and as for parts i dont even know where to start, but they definitely look as rag-tag as they do in the RC game. These must have looked PHENOMINAL before for you to be disappointed in how they are now  :)

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #653 on: February 6, 2006, 10:53 AM »
Darth D, those trandosians look fantastic. Very nice work on the armor and painting. Weathering is great!!

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 6, 2006, 02:16 PM »
yeah, those trandos look AWESOME! They look as complete to me as they could ever be, in fact!

I had the same thing happen to when I painted up a custom of mine. I had painted a mandalorian with metallic paint and wanted to seal it using dull cote, and it made the metallic paint run all over! It was a mess but it gave me an opportunity to repaint it :)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 6, 2006, 04:58 PM »
the paint scheme on the left trany  ;) kicks serious a$$, very lizardy :-\  although I like the uniform of the right better.  hett really is one bad mofo, totally could not pick up on the parts used, which i usually can.  great figure definatly have to copy if i get my hands on another palpy.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 6, 2006, 05:09 PM »
Really nice customs, I like the Kashyyk clone and ARC Troopers most.
I never get tired of clones.
Nice Hett too, hes awesome!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #657 on: February 6, 2006, 08:04 PM »
What bodies did you use. I really would like to use them.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 7, 2006, 04:42 PM »
Ok, sorry it took me so long to get to reply.

Really great work on the Trandos, I know you said the paint didn't turn out like you wanted, but I think they look good... especially the guy on the right!  I don't think you need to do or add anything to him.

The guy on the left is great too... only thing I'd do is get rid of the blue color in his mouth, and make the stripes on his skin either yellow or orange, but I'm sure you were already changing one of those.  While the orange looks awesome, I think the yellow is a bit more realistic.

These Trandoshans looks like some of the meanest son of a bitches I've ever seen.  Great work DD.

:P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #659 on: February 7, 2006, 07:12 PM »
Chewie, I'm goin out on a limb here but, I think that the trando on the left is a gila monster trando, Thier tongues are blue :o. DD I'd keep em just the way they are they are perfect. :D