Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 162317 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Sunday 4.30.06
« Reply #780 on: April 30, 2006, 11:59 PM »
Thanks guys.

Quazar: I was going for a Republic Commando influence on the T-Visor. I may cloud it up a bit like theirs...maybe that will help a bit.

Chewie: Yeah, when I was painting the kama, I actually imagined him being in a mud pit, stomping someone into the ground with those boots while they clawed desperately at his kama to regain their feet. Glad you had kind of the same idea.  ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 1, 2006, 12:24 AM »
:/ I must be in the minority who doesn't like the paint scheme on this one. It doesn't seem to flow.

Maybe it's the big gaping visor?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 1, 2006, 01:47 AM »
Hey Famine,

More likely it's the green helmet vs. the brown bodysuit vs. the gray kama vs. the green bits of armor. I used a lot of colors on this one, and they clash a bit, I think...but I was going for kind of a thrown together look, as if the armor has been modified repeatedly over the years with whatver was available, and no longer matched. Some pieces from defeated foes, some from fallen friends. Sorry it wasn't your cup of tea.   :-\

I'll try harder next time.  ;)

-DD
« Last Edit: May 1, 2006, 01:48 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline aeseven7

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 1, 2006, 03:22 AM »
While I've posted over at RS, I gotta say I really like your custom Mando (as well as all the mandos popping up lately)

I like the 'thrown together' armor look he has, and the colors you chose really work.  And the mods are enough to make him different from Fett but still very Mandalorian.

The visor is the only thing that could be tweaked. . .but if you left it I think it would still work well for accenting the rest of the figure.

Great job!

Offline kliqfan4life

• Youngling
  • my underhanded plan is......
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 1, 2006, 04:50 AM »
dd, only think is the green helmet and bright blue visor is a wierd color sceme had the blue been a lil darker it would have been perfect but then again what do I know.
Hey Yo !! bluedottoyz.com is tha spot!!!!

Offline JediDre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine barn it be, but no pool it tis.
    • View Profile
    • The LWWF...we don't care.
« Reply #785 on: May 1, 2006, 07:44 AM »
That is one mean looking Mando DD.  I do like the color scheme.  It does clash, but in a way that makes it look real.  The backpack is a great addition...I'm jealousof everyone using the Bust-ups...I haven't seen one, except on the net.   I like the T-visor, but it could be a little darker, not so brand new brightness...or something like that.  Great work all around!!

Dre
I find her attractive because she's a clinet and she sleeps above the covers....FOUR FEET above the covers!!

Offline Phalanxx

• Jedi Initiate
  • I aim to misbehave
    • View Profile
    • Phalanxx Designs
« Reply #786 on: May 1, 2006, 09:02 AM »
Great looking commando.  I really like the contrast of the light blue visor and the dark color scheme of this uniform.  The boots and the kama are a great touch and make this nice and unique mandalorian custom.
Visit www.phalanxxdesigns.com - Custom Figures and Cardbacks.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 1, 2006, 04:18 PM »
Excellent Mando. Why is it mine never turn out as good. ??? Is that Dengars backpack? It looks a lot like it either way. The color scheme works in my opinion. The colors have a really good contrast. As always DD great work there.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #788 on: May 5, 2006, 09:55 PM »
Hey DD, Sorry I've missed your updates lately I've been real busy with school and haven't been posting around here as much.

Whipid- I love this figure he really looks like he could kick some serious ass, and isn't someone I'd want to mess with in the ring. I like bandolier and shoulder armor quite a bit.

Darman- I never got around to reading these comics or books or where ever it is these other commandos come from but I really like the look of this guy, you did a great job with the weathering, and the gun mods turned out wonderfully. I think the highlight for me is the visor, it looks fantastic.

Null ARC Trooper- Wow this one looks fantastic as well. Again I don't know where this comes from but I really like it. The grey color looks great, it is nice and smooth and there aren't any brush strokes, which really is the key to making armor look good. The added accessories look great too.

SA Scorch- You are oof to a great start with this, I really wish that was the Scorch Hasbro gave us.

Cantina Trash- All of these look great too. I really like the skin tone on that Rodian, and the shirt color on the Mon Cal looks really good too.

Commando and Kal Skirata- both of these look pretty good too, I'm looking forwar to seeing how the Commando turns out.

Mandalorian- This may be my favorite of the bunch. The addtions are excellent, that Dengar pack is a perfect fit for him. I love the boots the really fit in nicely are they from the Cold Weather Obi-Wan? The Kama looks really nice as well, You did a great job blending it in with the Fett belt. I really like the colr sheme as well, including the blue visor. This one turned out great!

I'm looking forward to seeing you complete those WIPs. :)

"This is the way."

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 6, 2006, 12:25 PM »
Hey Famine,

More likely it's the green helmet vs. the brown bodysuit vs. the gray kama vs. the green bits of armor. I used a lot of colors on this one, and they clash a bit, I think...but I was going for kind of a thrown together look, as if the armor has been modified repeatedly over the years with whatver was available, and no longer matched. Some pieces from defeated foes, some from fallen friends. Sorry it wasn't your cup of tea.   :-\

-DD

I love it, and this is exactly what I thought about his armor. Great Job. Now Ive got to try one like this and be the second or third to rip off AE77s idea, lol!
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 6, 2006, 10:20 PM »
Hey Famine,

-DD

You'd better.

While your at it, make me a random Mandolorian for free. >:(

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 8, 2006, 05:35 AM »
aeseven: Thanks for the compliment! In a way, you're patting yourself on the back since this entire custom was inspired by you.  :P I'm glad you like it though, that means a lot. I have since darked the visor ala the Commandos I've done, and it looks a lot better. Pics soon.

JediDre: Are there specific Bust-Ups you're looking for? I'll see if I can help you out. If not, I know Red5sixx sells these, and I think Toyrocket has them on their site as well.

Phalanxx: I appreciate the feedback. I liked the visor color as well, and didn't change it...just tweaked it a little. If I have time this week I'll post pics with a new update.

Darth Ennis: Thanks, but don't sell yourself short, you've done some stuff that's really cool, and that I wouldn't have thought of! We all bring something unique to the table here, I think.

Ryan: The Mando boots are indeed from the Cold Weather Obi-Wan. Like aeseven said, they look like boots that would be good for stomping Jedi keester.  ;)

Commander Korba: I know I'm doing well if I can get an approval from a man who clearly loves Mando's as much as you! Thanks!

Famine: You provide the base figure, and I'll see what I can do.  ;)

Thanks guys!

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #792 on: May 11, 2006, 11:48 PM »
Holy crap DD!  That Mandalorian is awesome!  I've seen Aeseven7's Mandalorian and it was definitely a great choice to "rip off" (your words, not mine!  :P).  Seriously though, the paint apps are crisp and I was surprised at how well that Dengar Backpack looks.  The light blue visor was weird to me at first, but after now that I've looked at it some more, I really like it a lot. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 11, 2006, 03:10 AM »
Well, it's been over a month (!!) since I last updated, and I haven't even had time to pop in for more than a few minutes over the last month...I've been extremely busy with work the last month and the only free time I've had, I chose to go out to dinner or a movie to keep from going mad!

I am working on some stuff this weekend, so hopefully I'll have something new to show off Sunday night...but in the meantime, here's that Mando with the visor modification, standing on a bridge I've been making for a diorama...

Until later!

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Back from the dead...
« Reply #794 on: June 11, 2006, 11:24 AM »
DD, I've been wondering where you were... sorry to hear about work.  I've been going through some really ridiculous hours at work too.  I hope it gets better for you man.

The Mando looks really nice, I like the shoulder scoper a lot.  And the flooring in that diorama is looking especially good.

:)