Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 163028 times)

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Back from the dead...
« Reply #795 on: June 11, 2006, 12:11 PM »
That Mandalorian remains awesome and the diorama you're building looks friggin' fantastic!  Can't wait to see it come together.  Where are those parts from?   I must know! 
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 11, 2006, 12:19 PM »
About ******* time.

Mando looks great.  I do like his visor.

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 11, 2006, 02:10 PM »
That is one bad @$$ looking Mando!

I love the Helmet Mod, and the paint Aps look great. I think most people tend to make Mando customs to colorful. They forget that they are A Military force and should be painted apropriately. You did a great job here. I hope to see some more work from you soon.

Keep up the great work!

fritzkrieg

Fritzkrieg

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 11, 2006, 04:08 PM »
Thanks guys! Hopefully things will slow down a bit so I can get back on track...I've got about fifty PM's waiting to be answered alone!  ;)

Quazar: The dio flooring comes from a Pegasus Hobbies "Technobridge" set. They're about 20 minutes from my work, and are where I get my customizing supplies, but they manufacture a lot of exclusive gaming supplies for miniature enthusiasts. Although most of those are too small for use with SW figures, the technobridge is a good size and you can buy multiples and extend the bridge as you see fit. You can check out their website here: http://www.pegasushobbies.com/about.htm

The set comes in black, but as you can see I added the rust and weathering details to make it more realistic. It came out really nice. I bought a few other sets from them to use as greeblies on vehicles and possibly a Separatist base dio, if I ever find the time!

I did manage to throw this guy together over the course of the last week:

The head is from one of Bantha5's excellent casts. The body is a Target clone, with styrene strips for the bandolier...I still need to add the buckle, but he's basically done. The shoulder pad is cut from an AT-TE gunners pauldron.

-DD
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 06:04 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline starkid500

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update Sunday 6.11.06
« Reply #799 on: June 11, 2006, 06:31 PM »
cool!!!
Edit by AngryEwok - Don't put images in your signature.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 11, 2006, 08:25 PM »
Looks great DD. You must have one of the last bantha5 Neyo kits around. The only difference is that I think I put the red sholder thing on the left. That is what the strap is holding up.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 11, 2006, 08:46 PM »
Both of them look great, but the Mando steals the show. For some reason the mando looks familliar have you posted him before? I really like the earthy color scheme with the browns and greens. The dio is interesting looking to say the least. I may have to check out that website. I really do want to see this when its finished.

The Neyo looks great as well, I like the weathering on the shoulderpad. I snagged one of those Bantha 5 kits a while back, he is still sitting on my unfinished projects shelf. :-\

One of these days Im going to find the time to finish it.

You really need to stop in on us more often. :P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 12, 2006, 12:40 AM »
Phruby: Thanks for the props. I was lucky enough to do some trading with Ryan so I have some really great casts from him, which you'll no doubt see pop up in a few future customs. I even got his excellent Ben Quadrineros kit, which should be fun to do, espcially with Mars Guo and Dud Bolt coming out this year. I really wish they'd make Ratts Tyerell...he's my favorite podracer (R.I.P.) and he'd be cool fodder for that  Jedi in REPUBLIC that's the same species.

Not sure what you're referring to on the Neyo re: his bandolier, but here's the reference I was working from: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/de/Commander_Neyo.jpg/270px-Commander_Neyo.jpg

Was the final film version different?

Darth Ennis: You have indeed seen the Mando before a few pages back, I was just posting him again to show I'd fogged his visor as some suggested, and I think he looks a lot better that way.

I'll try to be here as much as I can, in between work and my two big projects, landscaping the back yard and cleaning out the garage. I'm selling a lot of my toy collection (no Star Wars, just old Marvel, DC and McFarlane stuff) so it's a big project. The upshoot is with all the extra room in the garage I'll be able to set up a workbench so I can really crank out the customs and do some casting!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Work in progress Palpatine
« Reply #803 on: June 14, 2006, 12:00 AM »
So I'm working on a "Senate Speech" Palpatine, since Hasbro's version sucks donkey. I've assembled the pieces and done the basic painting:

So my question is, where do I go from here? The picture washed out a little detail, but basically he's just got the base coat...I'm not sure what details to add, colors to drybrush with, etc.

Suggestions?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Work in progress 6.13.06.
« Reply #804 on: June 14, 2006, 02:10 AM »
Hmmm... I'd go with red painting obviously, then do a black wash or two?  Then dry brush over it a bit with red.  Also I'd maybe paint the face some.  I really don't like the hood, but that's just me.  It looks POTF2-ish, which is Hasbro's fault.

Neyo by the way rocks.

Looks great DD, can't wait to see the final version!

:)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 14, 2006, 01:22 PM »
I aprove of that hood.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 19, 2006, 03:01 AM »
Hey guys,

I kind of like the hood too; I think with a little detailing it will turn out okay. I did have to superglue it to his head though, to get the right shape.

I would have liked to update this weekend, but a splitting migraine kept me out of action the last two days. I worked on a few things tonight though, so new pics this week.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #807 on: June 19, 2006, 07:32 AM »
I wouldn't weather to much. Maybe the frotal piece of his cloth, the strap with the details scuplted on them and maybe a bit on the top hood. The rest, I would leave as it is.
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 24, 2006, 09:23 PM »
All right, here's a few new customs I churned out today while watching TV:

Tomarr Mohr

The third Ithorian Jedi I've done, including Roronn Corobb, who I'm updating today. I considered using the new Momaw Nadon sculpt, but the head is a lot larger and didn't fit the base as well as the original version. The leather piece comes from a bunch of leather remnants I picked up at Michaels to add a little soft goods flair to my Wookiee Warriors and Jedi.

Head: POTF Momaw Nadon
Torso/Arms: Saesee Tinn
Legs/Hands: POTF Momaw Nadon
Robe: Naboo Qui-Gon

Kor Vaako

A Shistavanen Rogue, and the "man" to see on Nar Shadda if you're looking to move some product without paying tribute to the local Hutt crimelords. The wrists are attached so that they swivel.

Head/Hands/Legs: Lak Sivrak
Torso/Arms: Hem Dazon
Coat: Elan Sleazebaggano

ARC Trooper

I always liked the image of the ARC Trooper on Muunilist, from the Clone Wars cartoon, firing his rocket launcher, so I wanted to have an ARC with that same weapon. I finally found a suitable launcher from an old ALIENS figure, I also trimmed away the plastic kama and gave the ARC a black leather one for enhanced poseability.

Body: EE Blue Clone Trooper
Pauldron/Kama: #33 Green Clone Commander
Launcher: Kenner ALIENS Hicks figure
Base: Danger Girl Natalia Kassle with rocks added from hobby store train supplies.

If nothing interrupts me, I should have a few more today, and some updates to older versions...

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update Saturday 6.22.06
« Reply #809 on: June 25, 2006, 07:08 AM »
That ARC really rocks! And what a great mini-diorama! And what I like about the Jedi and wolfface is, besides the excellent look, your use of so many various parts!