Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 162903 times)

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update Saturday 6.22.06
« Reply #810 on: June 25, 2006, 01:17 PM »
DD, these three are FANTASTIC.  My favorite, though, is the wolfman rogue.  EXCELLENT job on all three, though, these guys are first rate, very imaginatively concevied and flawlessly executed.

I can't find ANY tatooine wave stuff and you guys are already customizing from 'em.  Damn you!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 25, 2006, 01:28 PM »
He's alive... ALIVE!!!!

Great to see a fresh update from you DD.

ARC Trooper - I've never really liked these guys because they seem cartoonish, but yours rocks.  Really awesome job on him, it looks a lot better than anything Hasbro will ever churn out.

Wolfman - Cool seeing one of these guys, you don't see too many of his species anymore it seems.  The Hem Dazon parts mixed in are perfectly matched up, and excellent painting.

Ithorian - This looks fantastic and is my favorite of the bunch.  The leather really, really works well.

:)

Offline Malignus

• Youngling
  • I'm really Darth Delicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 25, 2006, 03:54 PM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback!

I'm using this new ID temporarily because I'ver been locked out of my regular one, and until it gets reset, I had to make a new one.  :-[

The Shistavanen Wolfman is probably my personal favorite; both because poor Lak rarely gets used in customs lately, and because he was fun to put together. The Ithorian didn't come out as well as I would have liked, but overall I'm happy with him. The ARC mini dio was fun, but I've made so many ARCs at this point, I can pretty much make them in my sleep! So, the Wolfman wins.  ;)

I've been compiling pics of my customs to submit to the alliance, so I have new pics of some old customs. Since I can't update the subject line from this ID, I think I'll wait to post anything new...but here's a fresh look at some old faves.

K'kruhk

Mandolorian Mercs

Alpha Phase II

Enjoy!

-DD

« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 06:11 PM by Malignus »

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 25, 2006, 04:25 PM »
Oh wow!! You made K'krukh!! It's one of my to-do-figures, but a J'Quille is way too expensive for me. He looks awesome with that hat he stole from Rayden (Mortal Kombat) it seems.

What's your recipe for him (except for parts of J'Quille, that's pretty obvious  :) )?

The blue Commander shows you've got an extremely steady painting hand. Very, very precise.

Those mangos er.. mandos are pretty cool. I like the damaged helmet on the left one a lot.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 25, 2006, 05:13 PM »
I like the K'krukh custom. What did you use for his hat? Great uses of Coleman's body.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Malignus

• Youngling
  • I'm really Darth Delicious!
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 25, 2006, 06:47 PM »
Incom: Yeah, I made that K'kruhk quite a while back, but it was only recently I came across the hat and added it to him. It's from a Ninja Turtle figure I found in a dollar bin. I still need to add his braids, but I've been lazy about it so far. Incidentally, I modelled mine off of the Dark Horse Comic version, so he has sculpted hair...I didn't like the bald look he sported in CLONE WARS.

Roronn- The recipe for K'Kruhk is as follows:

Head/Hands- J'Quille
Body: Coleman Trebor with added knee articulation on one leg.
Skirt: Eeth Koth
Robe: AOTC Pilot Obi-Wan

And now, Roronn, here's one you might enjoy: Your forum namesake.

Roronn Corobb-Second Version

My previous version was based off of the CW pre-production art, so the tabbards on Roronn's robes were gray. It looked good, but when he appeared in the cartoon they had changed them to tan, and I try to be accurate whenever possible, so he got an update. I also gave him more detail on his skin.

If you want to see the old version, he's on page 11 in this thread.

Dorn Laarik

I actually made this guy long before the Wolfman Jedi was showin in CLONE WARS...although I fully intend to make him too.  ;)

Oh, and CHEWIE...if you get bored, feel free to update any of these Jedi pics with your awesome lightsaber effects. For some reason I haven't mastered them yet.  :P

-DD

« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 06:54 PM by Malignus »

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 25, 2006, 06:50 PM »
Wow, DD/Malignus, another AWESOME group.  these are just out of this world!

The Alpha is simply gorgeous, great paint job!  and I love your manalorians.  Extremely well-done and creatively conceived.  they are very original looking, occasionally a mando custom will be little more than a Fett repaint, but these dudes look wonderful.

And the Whipid Jedi is similarly excellent.  No reason why Hasbro couldn't kitbash like you have done so excellently here and offer us another great CW Jedi.

What a great day for customs!!!  These are all magnificent.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 25, 2006, 06:55 PM »
Very impressive DD. I'm really liking your latest set of customs. That K'krukh reminds me of a monster in the Big Trouble in Little China. You need to add some lightening bolts coming down from his hat. Great coloring on the Mandos. The hammerhead is also one of my favorites. Good to hear from you.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- New Pics Sunday 6.22.06
« Reply #818 on: June 25, 2006, 09:00 PM »
Ah, I am back in control of my old ID again! Thanks Chris!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #819 on: June 25, 2006, 09:43 PM »
I love Alpha, phase II. I only wish I could paint so well.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 25, 2006, 09:47 PM »
another excellent batch from Darth D. Its really hard to pick a favorite, but K'Kruuk takes the cake. That hat was a great touch to an already excellent figure.

That ARC with the BFG is just brutal. Which Aliens figure did that come with.

I love the Snivvian, I just wish I could find some because I would love to do a few of these guys.

Excellent job bud !

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 26, 2006, 03:42 AM »
Top-notch painting as usual, DD.  I really like the detail brought out in the limbs of the various Jedi.  The hat on the Whiphid Jedi makes me think of the song "I'm So Ronery," and brings joy to my banal and caustic existence, so it can't be all bad.

Clones rock, imo, and yours are always awesome....you're such a tease with your large plex.  Maybe just whip it out more often. 

I'll be here all week.  Be sure to tip your waitress.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update Tues. 6.24.06
« Reply #822 on: June 27, 2006, 01:25 AM »
Thanks guys. It's really cool that I can get feedback from such a talented peer group.

Ruprecht: Large Plex?

Darth Ennis: The rocket launcher actually comes from the Kenner Hicks figure, and works with the ARC perfectly.

And now an update...Darth Sidious over at 'Scum made a cool Master Zao, and since he's a character from REPUBLIC I've wanted to do for a long time, I just had to make one too.

The body is of course, a #3 Yoda from ROTS. The tunic is more of the leather remnants I bought; I think they're turning out REALLY well, I'm starting to understand Finswoman's appreciation for soft goods. The cuffs on the pantlegs are leftover Lak Sivrak sleeves, the lightsaber staff is from the new Momaw Nadon, and everything else is Teemto Pagalies.

A really easy custom. The only painting I did was the eyes (They're actually clouded, but the flash washed out the pale blue pupils) and the neck to match the head.

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update Tuesday, 6.24.06
« Reply #823 on: June 27, 2006, 02:02 AM »
I was trying to sleep and can't... so here I go back into the forums and see all these customs I missed.

Roronn Corobb - Easily one of the best textures I've seen done on alien skin, ever.  Really a solid custom, one of your most realistic.

Dorn Laarik - Very sweet, I like Roronn a bit more just because of the species but this is a very cool custom.

Master Zao - Man this guy is funny.  I love this character.  Great job putting it together and you're a class act for crediting Darth Sidious for the original template.

And here's Roronn Corobb with lightsaber effects, hope it looks ok.

Now, I am going to go to bed.   ;)

:)

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update Tuesday, 6.24.06
« Reply #824 on: June 27, 2006, 07:45 AM »
nice customs DD, i like your Alpha and the mercs look so cool

Master Zao is such a cool character he deserves a fig

thanks for sharing