Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 162362 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 3.26.07!!!
« Reply #840 on: March 26, 2007, 04:49 AM »
DD, I haven't had time to do much custom watching lately so I apologize.  I've gotta be brief.  I've just got tons going on but I always like stopping by your thread when you update.  Your Hett's outstanding, and the paintjob really is colorful and catches the look that character (in that outfit) was intended to portray I believe...  Did you make the saber hilt yourself?  It's interesting.

Are you just whipping up any EU people you can think of or dipping into stuff you're familiar with/enjoy?  I find it difficult to even THINK about customs of characters I don't "care" about, ya know?  LIke Het I only know sparingly as far as details go...  So he's never been on my radar much for customizing.  Likewise the Vong are an EU thing I really didn't like so I've got zero desire to make a Vong figure anytime, well, ever. 

Thinking about all the EU choices I wouldn't want to do makes me realize why I appreciate fan fiction creations as much as I do in the customizing world, haha.  Sometimes I think they're the more reflective of the SW universe, at least as I envision it anyway.

Anyway man sorry I'm late to the party, I've watched just not had much to say because I don't have time to say it lately.  I'm watching though, and not in a creepy "outside in the bushes" kind of way either!   >:( 

Time's so short...  Hell I'm mid-shelving display and cannot even get free time to work on that.  My collection's out of control at this point.  I gotta get this wrangled in here soon, haha.  Must make "me-time".  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 29, 2007, 12:01 AM »
Hey JJ,

I always appreciate when you take the time to comment on my latest customs; I know how busy you are so it's always nice to hear from you, especially since you're one of the people who gives the most extensive critiques.

As far as the EU, I'm doing characters I enjoy. That's why I started out doing some characters from Zahn's work; the Sharad I put together not because he even cracks my top 50 favorite characters, but because I had done his son A'Sharad, so I figured I should do the old man as well. It was so easy it's hardly even a custom in my mind, but there you go.

His saber is a gtg sculpt from Jedi Master Ben, and made it into the pic not because it looks like Sharad's saber, but because it was nearby and I was too lazy to go to the fodder bins in the garage and fish out another one.  :P

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting you face to face at Celebration IV!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #842 on: April 1, 2007, 05:51 AM »
Hi DD

mate you done some great customs the commandos look excellent and I like the articulated legs very nice work.

Ron

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #843 on: April 3, 2007, 02:06 AM »
Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting you face to face at Celebration IV!

Unless it's via satelite link-up I think that'll be hard. ;)  I'm not going to C4...  Pittsburgh's just too far a trip to LA for me to justify it.  Costs involved aside for the simple necessities, I'd like to actually enjoy myself with some mad money and that just ain't gonna happen for me. :(  I could maybe get there on a shoestring budget though so I decided not to go at all.

I'm hoping for an East Coast show or something at least as near as Chicago (still a hike, but driveable).

Bummer...  I really feel, as a fan anyway, cheated by LFL for having the show out there, when more central locations are quite easy to obtain.  Oh well, that's life though I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 3, 2007, 11:10 PM »
You make extremely friggin flawless customs! They are all super, DD, keep up the amazing work!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 4.20.07!!!
« Reply #845 on: April 20, 2007, 04:10 AM »
Thanks for the compliments, guys! As always, I appreciate the feedback.

Here's a few I cranked out tonight, nothing really major here. Just a few part swaps and some minor painting. I just set out to make some background characters, but actually came up with a story for these guys while making them. Who knows if I'll ever sit down and write it, but it does exist in my head.  :D  Anyway, on to the customs:

Venn Darrik, a high-rolling Arconan smuggler. Spends most of his time pretending to be tipsy, although his glass is never filled with actual alchohol when gambling. Just a ruse, really...

Venn's protocol droid. Just trying to make use of the extra C-3PO's I have from all the Ilum packs I bought. Enhanced photoreceptors let him stand innocuously at a distance, reading Venn's opponents cards and letting him know if he should fold via the small comm implanted in Venn's auditory canal.

And finally, because sometimes you get caught "adjusting the odds", Venn's Wookiee bodyguard, Chumossh. Again, needed to find a use for a figure I have a lot of. A short fuse and a lot of weapons tend to keep opponents at bay.

Like I said, nothing too complicated, just fooling around, but I hope you like them. I should have some more elaborate work up this weekend.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #846 on: April 21, 2007, 03:26 AM »
Nice random stuff DD, as usuall...

I like the Arcona gambler...  The shirt's classic Vegas.  I think my friend had a shirt like that he'd wear to clubs when we went to the shore for trips back in my younger years.  Pretty cool...  My only criticism would be the way his legs are straight instead of back-bent ala the Arcona physiology...  Tough thing to fix though, when you think about it...  Could try altering the pants I guess and keeping the upper body as-is if you wanted I guess, but eitehr way it's still pretty cool, especially the deco to him.

The protocol droid is fantastic paint and weathering.  I didn't get a chance at multiple Illum packs or anything so I missed out on the good custom fodder...  That sucks but whatcha gonna do?  Your protocol droid's just a bang-up paintjob though, very Star-Warsy as they say. 

The Wookiee's not my favorite base figure to ever use for much of anything...  I just hate that figure for various reasons.  I wish Hasbro would do some "in between" sizes for Wookiees at some point, replacing that figure completely...  You did good work with it, adding the weapons and the vest (a 6" or so action figure's?) to improve the figure's look and all...  Just not a base I'm fond of is all.  The vest covers the mid-section, which is where the figure is most flawed in it's sculpt though, so that's a big positive I think.

A nice trio of figures DD, always fun to comment on.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 21, 2007, 10:47 AM »
WoW! They all look Great DD! Nice job!  ;D
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline kliqfan4life

• Youngling
  • my underhanded plan is......
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 21, 2007, 07:27 PM »
Awesome work all around as usual but dude how did you make the braid for the wookie warrior?
Hey Yo !! bluedottoyz.com is tha spot!!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 20, 2007, 05:32 PM »
Hey Kliqfan. The braids on the Wook came from a Street Fighter Cammy figure.

All right...I have a lot of new stuff, but haven't gotten pics yet...but here's a look at my finished Aiwha squad.

From left to right: Tyto, Sarge, Di'kut and Zag.

I am pretty burnt out on Commandos, so this will be my last for awhile...but I had to complete the Squad.  :D

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 5.20.07!!!
« Reply #850 on: May 20, 2007, 06:00 PM »
Very cool, awesome Aiwha squad!!! Are the knees articulated I cant tell from the pics. I didnt get a chance to comment on Venn and friends but they all look very nice too. Sometimes random customs can be the coolest customs. Keep up the good work, DD!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 5.20.07!!!
« Reply #851 on: June 3, 2007, 04:45 PM »
Wow, sweet customs. Aiwha squad looks amazing. I was thinking of doing it at one point but did a couple white commandos instead. These are much better than any I could have done. The wookie, droid, and Arconan smuggler are very nice too. I like the idea and execution of the idea for the Nautolan Sith. Very scary looking. Kinda like something you'd see in a Star-Wars Nightmare!  :P And finally, that wookie is sohweet! I'd follow that guy into battle anytime. Looks like some wise wookie general or something but not the kind that sits behind 20 lines of his men.

Alright, just giving a little praise. Keep up the good work.

Korbra
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!
« Reply #852 on: October 25, 2008, 05:04 PM »
Wow, I haven't been to this thread in over a year... maybe I'll update it just for old times sake. :D

I've been making a lot of Mando's lately, but dammit, every time I finish a Karen Traviss book I just go crazy for these little scamps.  :grin:

I modeled this guy (at least in paint scheme) after a Mando seen adjusting the electronics on his helmet in Karen Traviss' Mando article in Star Wars Insider. Since he was only shown from the shoulders up, I took some liberties with the rest of him.

Helmet/Body: Mando/Omega Squad Multi-Pack
Kama: Indiana Jones German Motorcycle Soldier
Belt: Hem Dazon & a holster from a BBI Military Figure
Boots: G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary Steeler

Hope you like!

-DD
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 05:47 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 3.3.07!!!
« Reply #853 on: October 27, 2008, 03:30 PM »
Wow...like a ghost town around here. Let me move these tumbleweeds out of the way...

And one to show off the knee articulation:

AIWHA Squad is featured in one of those CLONE WARS ADVENTURES books. The art is terrible and the story is pretty basic, but I liked the designs of these guys, and I'm always looking to make more commando squads, so there you go. I do need to add some web gear to his waist, but haven't found the exact parts I want yet. If someone ever makes a decent cast of a removable commando helmet, I'll customize all their heads, but in the meantime...what you see is what you get.  :wink:

I'll probably have a few more customs done before the weekend's over, so stay tuned!

-DD

Gongrats!

Did you cut the original Commandos legs in parts, then u added the ariculation on it? It look like the pieces from the original, I just put other articulated legs....

How cool!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 11:01 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!
« Reply #854 on: October 27, 2008, 04:11 PM »
wow DD been a long time, I think you need to update more often  ;)
Great job on the Mando, REALLY diggin' the kama it's ubber cool.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge