Author Topic: Real Scooby's Customs  (Read 9101 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Komari Vosa !!
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2003, 01:23 AM »
Simply amazing.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 2, 2003, 08:10 PM »
Like, wow Scoob!

That custom is totaly groovy.

I like your attention to detail.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Real Scooby

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 3, 2003, 02:54 AM »
Thanks for the feeback. Check out my latest work around coming weekend.

I am working on a female boutny hunter names SINTAS. She appared in the comicstory "Outbid but never Outgunned" in # 7 of STAR WARS TALES.

She shares a secret with everyones favourite helmeted hunter.
Stay tuned and check the board !!!

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 3, 2003, 02:17 PM »
i'll have to check back in that issue now, hehe
see what we're all in store for.

i personally can't wait to see more of your work.
it all inspires me to finish soem projects from months ago..

Offline Real Scooby

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Real Scooby's Customs
« Reply #19 on: August 7, 2003, 04:21 PM »
I present to you SINTAS, a female Bounty Hunter. She appeared in the story
"Outbid but never Outgunned" featured in TALES # 7
She shares a special secret with Boba Fett, but I wont spoil it here for everyone that dont know the story.

As already explained, I have chosen a SAGA Padme Arena Battle for working.

First I disassembled the figure and removed the action-feature.

Then I started sculpting.

Body:
I resculptered the action festure arm joint and decited to make a one-pose wonder out of the figure. I "repaired" the Nexudamaged shirt, and sculptered a backpack.

Hip and Legs:
I removed the small holster and sculptered a lot of pouches and thingys to the belt all the way around. Then I did two new ( not working ) holsters to the legs and finished with some kneepads.

Arms:
I dremeled away the bicepsbands on both, removed the white color on the left arm and finished both with some added gloves.

Head:
I cut Padmes hairpices and sculptered on some new. I sculpted a hairtail and glued it on.

Blaster:
I couldnīt find a existing blaster that comes close to the comicimages. So I just gave her a spare Jango Fett blaster I had and painted it black. Looks good IMO, since ( if the would be working ) it would fit into the holsters too.

And now the pictures.

Thats nearly the same angle as her first comic image, ( a little blurry, I am definatly NO photographer )

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Re: Sintas !!!
« Reply #20 on: August 7, 2003, 04:24 PM »
Very nice job. I haven't read the stories but the work youve done is great.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #21 on: August 7, 2003, 05:05 PM »
Great work there Scooby!  I'm in the same boat as Wayne as far as not having read that yet, but it's still a great custom.  Good job!
dustrho

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 7, 2003, 05:14 PM »
Jinkies Scooby! Thats awsome. I love the pose...

Kevin

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 7, 2003, 05:19 PM »
I love that.
hell i'd buy that off you man, haha.
wow.

Reread the comic a few nights ago also, most of her pix are head shots,
but you filled in most details beautifully.

but u still get a C+
no j/k

thats beyond A work.

oh and a comparisson pic would be good too.. i'll try to find one

Offline Real Scooby

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Montross !!!
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2003, 03:17 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you my latest, my 4th, work. Before your very eyes you will see...

MONTROSS, as he apeared in the PSX2 hitgame "Bounty Hunter"

Some importent notes first.

1)
The final figure will be slightly different than the game figure, because I used the "Design Sketches" for reference. Most noticable will be the different shoulder armor.

2)
Also the figure will have another paint deco than Montross has in the comicstory "Jango Fett : Open Season". Just in case you only know Montross from the comic

WORK DESCRIPTION:

This is my first figure, where I took parts from several different figures, 5 in total.

Head :
I used Deluxe Mace Windus head. I added some shortcut hair. I will also give him a removeable Helmet from Jango Fett - Kamino Escape. Painting was a little pain here. The first try, I gave him eyebrows the same color as the hair.
BAD MISTAKE, he looked like he would be some kindergarten friend of Yoda  :D  I changed the brows to black and now he looks a little, maniac IMO, just as he should.

Body :
Jango Fett - Kamino Escape. I added some belt and something that looks like a carry-harness for a jetpack. I also repainted the jetpack and slightly modified it so the cape would fit better.

Arms :
Hardest work. I am sure it would have worked pretty easier somehow, but I used both pairs of arms from Jango Fett - Kamino Escape and Luke Dagobath.
I cut the Jango arms right after the gauntlets. Then I cut the Luke arms right before the elbow. I clued the Luke upperarms with the correct Jango forearms. I did that because I wanted to use the bare biceps of Luke.
When dried I sculpted some bands to the gauntlets. I looks like they are mounted to some bandages.
Then I sculptered the above mentioned shoulders. In the game it looks like Montross doesnīt use some armor pad, just some short jumpsuit sleeves. In the design sketches he has some furry shoulderpad. I simply liked that  

Belt:
I took apart a Djas Puhr. The complete belt just looks right and also adds the working holsters. I resculpted the buckle to s small skull. I than added some thin leather bands.

Hips and Legs:
Since already disassembled I took the Djas Puhr Legs and added some sculpered bandages and armor pieces where needed.

Cape:
Count Dookus cape is just perfect. I "destroyed", repainted it and made it looking really beaten. I also had to cut out a piece so it would fit over the modiefied jetpack.

Accessoires:
I simply repainted Jango Fett - Kamino Escapeīs  helmet. I am not exactly sure, but I think the helmet never appeared in the game. I think the color sheme works pretty good.
I also gave him a Djas Puhr blaster in on holster and a SAGA style imperial blaster since this looks the closest to the used one.

OK, ow lets see those pictures. One last note, the actual figure is a little darker, my buddie just used to much light this time.

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
Re: Montross !!!
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2003, 03:31 PM »
Looks Sweet! Great Work... Keep it up.  :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2003, 03:31 PM »
Its just buisness ol' buddy.

Thats a freakin bad @$$ custom if I ever saw one....You are my hero...

I want.

How much you want for him.

Whats your price. Everyone has a price...

Kevin

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2003, 08:43 PM »
Hey Scooby, that's another awesome custom from Bounty Hunter!  It looks so sweet!

So what are you going to work on next?  Are you going to try working on the Bando Ghorahs (spelling?) ?  That would be a sweet figure to make.
dustrho

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2003, 10:11 PM »
Hey Scooby, that's another awesome custom from Bounty Hunter!  It looks so sweet!

So what are you going to work on next?  Are you going to try working on the Bando Ghorahs (spelling?) ?  That would be a sweet figure to make.

The Bando Gora frighten me...

So I burn them with my flame trower... :D

Kevin

Offline Real Scooby

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2003, 12:51 AM »
Thanks for the great wrords !!! ;D ;D ;D

IMO there is no interresting character left, so I planned to move to some figures based on the "Tales of the Jedi" comics