Author Topic: Famines Customs! Sith Lord!  (Read 30997 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Famines Custom Thread (and questions)!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 04:12 PM »
Thanks CHEWIE.

It's actually his hand. I'll send you an e-mail with the specifics, and see if you can help me.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Okey dokey - should be able to help ya!

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005, 08:33 PM »
Hmmm.... do you have a pic or anything? 

The easiest way I think to do this would be to use a hand that is removable from another figure, like any articulated wristed figure.  That way there is a peg already there.  You could just pull it out of the hole from the Jango figure's wrist, as his hand is articulated as well and should be able to boil-n-pop.

Make sense?

If you are using a JP figure's hand, you will probably need some way to create a peg that attaches it to the wrist of the Jango figure's arm.  At least I think that's they way I'd do it.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 08:58 PM »
Ok, CHEWIE. Think screaming face SAGA luke's hand will do?

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 09:48 PM »
I'm assuming your are talking about the left hand (not the one that gets chopped off is ESB, right?) - I can't say 100% for sure, as I've never removed that hand before - You should be able to boil-pop it and if it doesn't work, you have an extra hand for a future custom, or you could just put it back on the Luke.

I'm thinking you will need one with a thicker peg - I'm not sure how thick that peg is, but perhaps a figure like the Fleet Trooper... Dannik Jerricko has some pretty big damn hands - that would probably definitely work.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2005, 03:09 PM »
Ok crew, I was messing around with a custom I'm going to be showing soon, and somthing irritated me to death. I wanted to give him some scrapes and scars, but I didn't know the right way to do it. I had tried to once on another figure, and it didn't turn out so hot. What I had done, was bent a staple into a stick, and held it with pliers. Then I used a lighter to get it white hot, and then tried to make a scratch. It turned into a big mess. A whole deep guash in his face.  This time I was looking for an easier, less messy way of doing so. So I decided to cut the mofo up.

All you need is:

1. Exacto Blade or a Box cutter with a fresh blade
2. Red paint of varying shades (older wounds, degree of damage, etc)
3. A steady hand

First, take your figure and make sure he's completley still in your hand. Holding the area you wish to scar, CAREFULLY make a mark on the flesh. Repeat in the same area at least twice.

Once you have made the cuts to your liking, take some red paint, (I used Apple Barrel-20784 Red Apple) and use your finger to rub it into the cut area. Remove all surrounding paint.

When your done, it should look like a neat little scar or cut without a mess. Now go wash your hands, because no one likes red fingered weirdos.

I'm sure I'll be using this method more often.

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2005, 03:15 PM »
That sounds like a great method Famine, I will need to try that soon.

Got any other tips?   :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2005, 03:23 PM »
Yes, actually.

Rather than do a wash, if you want to make a figure with a lighter color shirt dirty, try a blunt pencil. Draw all over your figure in a variety of shades, untill it's nearly covered. Then, take a piece of paper towel, or your finger even, and rub the dust of the pencil lead into the cracks on the figure, and when your done you'll have a scruffy looking piece of scum.

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2005, 03:43 PM »
That's a new method to me... sounds good!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2005, 02:35 PM »
Son of a gun. My darned ideas got to me, and now I've managed to break the head right off of the neck peg, because I got impatient with burning my hand over boiling water again. Son of a boat. This irritates me. Plus I'm out of black paint, and I had to use a sharpie to color a mans crotch. Now I have to "pin" the head on or somthing.

Ratsin fratsin... >:(

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2005, 11:33 PM »
Ah, the joys of customizing! 

I totally screwed up a figure myself today.  I was so pissed off.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2005, 10:12 AM »
As was I, but I learned snapping the peg off of a head is not the end of the world. I put a pin in, and stuck it back to the neck, and all was well. I was happy, he was happy he had a head, and all was well.

My venture for yesterday was taking the legs off of Darth maul and attaching them to Endor Rebel, so he didn't have that STUPID leaning pose he always has. I want him to be more nuetral. Then, I got to thinking he's Rykrof Enloe from your story lol, so I was going to change heads, so I went to boild and pop, pulled his head and snap. So I figured if anyone complains I'll just throw rocks at them.

Any idea on what hands I could swap for Endor Rebels? I tried SAGA Qui-Gon's hands, but they are really lose, and I want to be able to swap out hands for different scenes. I like little details like that, ya know?

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2005, 10:24 AM »
Well, most of the Endor Troopers wore gloves... I would say maybe some Darth Maul gloves?

I love your idea of switching legs... I need to do that too.

As for the boiling, I use a pair of tongs to get my figures out.  I used to use a spoon or a fork, and it was a bit more difficult!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2005, 10:42 AM »
Oh, I use tongs too, but the boiling water likes to splash me, or lurk inside the chest cavity of Mr. Maul, so when I pull it out, I get burned, alot. Oh well, it's no matter.

At least he has a neutral stance.I don't think I dare and try and paint the rubber of his pants.

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2005, 10:34 AM »
Got any pics yet?