Author Topic: Famines Customs! Sith Lord!  (Read 30992 times)

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
Re: Famines Custom Thread (and questions)!!!
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2005, 11:43 PM »
Hey Kev, did you make it from the DC-15 rifle like I sugested? just curious

and do you have a host now CHEWIE?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2005, 11:57 PM »
Hosting somthing would be nice, CHEWIE. I'll shoot it to you when I win by harrasing you to get AIM. ;)

I still need to scan it. Yes, I used the DC-15.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2005, 12:01 AM »
Took me forever, but yeah I do have my own hosting service finally since I was able to finally get high speed cable.

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2005, 08:50 PM »
Here you go - a new super cool Clone by Famine.  I love the fan fic design, and the backpack is awesome!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2005, 09:12 PM »
Thats hot! Yes, this is Commander Cow (can you guess where he got his name from?).

He and a legion of only 3 other clones, and a Jedi Knight are stationed on a outter rim single city planet called Obsidion I. The planet is made up of pure black crystal, and a fine white powder with effects similar to bacta. The Republic has an exclusive deal to keep the only existing city of miners(and their small families) safe from Seperatist interference, and general scum.

Thats his short backstory, not let me explain what I did.

First, I painted all the parts I wanted painted (the helmet ridge, sholder pad, chest plate, knee stripes) all black. 3 or 4 coats, if I remeber correctly. Then I sealed them with Super Glue.

Next I took several greeblies and blaster parts and I chopped them up. I made 2 knobs for the Obi-Wan backpack radio area (The side with the antena) and added the little controll pannel from Lukes bacta hand tank. Next I glued a Jango missle I had laying around to the two tanks that are attached on the right side of the backpack. Once everything was glued good and fancy, I painted the bedroll on the bottom black, and then I pained the middle pouch to look like leather from an animal. It turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. Whatever parts were left over I chopped up and glued to spots on the harness, like the side strap, where I added two emergency rations containers.

Once everything was honky dory, I took some black and I drybrushed a wash into the harness and onto the rocket and mechanical parts (except the radio) to make it look like it had seen some time on the battle feild around the galaxy. It turned out very well. Now all the pockets look like old leather, the buckles look tarnished a bit and overall it just looks swell.

He's holding a custom ARC trooper blaster, but that will change once I come up with a new recipie for a gun for him.

Comments and critiques are welcome, and thanks to CHEWIE for hosting this for me, while I work out some server problems. :)

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Famines Custom Thread "Commander Cow"
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2005, 11:07 PM »
You really went all out on this one Famine.  That is such a fantastic custom.  I love it, and really think think his backstory is awesome.  Very, very cool.  Simply awesome.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2005, 11:35 PM »
Cow... ;D :P

Like I've already told you, the backpack dealy is sweet! It looks great. I don't remember if you said he is the commander or if you are going to make the commander, but like I said I'd suggest adding some black on the faceplate of the commander. I can't wait to see the whole squad, and you damn well better be making the Jedi! :P ;)
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2005, 11:47 PM »
Wow, that's awesome!  Good job there!  I like the details on the backpack as well as your backstory -> very cool! ;D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2005, 12:01 AM »
That's an awesome custom, Famine; I love it!

Sealed it with superglue you say? did you brush it on? How well does that work? does it leave a glossy or flat finish?

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2005, 05:16 AM »
Great job! I keep seeing these great fan-fic Clone units that I want to make as well...

Your backstory was pretty cool, makes me want to see it in photonovel form...

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2005, 12:10 PM »
Photonovel?  Did someone say PHOTONOVEL??   ;)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2005, 02:34 PM »
Oh, they'll be in the Photonovel. I've just got to keep churnin out customs. The first story will take place on a small city, so it will be easyer for me to work that way. Anyhoot:

Yes, I sealed him with superglue. I didn't dare try spreading it with a brush so I used seran wrap with a tiny bit of olive oil on it, and then wiped it off, so only the residue stayed. Then, I put on a splat of superglue and rubbed it around till the paint was covered (careful on the joints!!!!!!!!) and let it dry for a few minutes. It seals just like it looks. It has the same reflective qualities as the white armor does. :)

I start work on the Jedi Knight right about...now.

Kevin

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2005, 03:42 PM »
Hey Kev,

At Wal-Mart you can get superglue in a brush bottle. Really easy to spread, and the brush is made of a fiber that doesn't gunk up.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2005, 07:48 PM »
Hey Kev,

At Wal-Mart you can get superglue in a brush bottle. Really easy to spread, and the brush is made of a fiber that doesn't gunk up.

-DD

Really? Sweet! do you use that as a sealing coat, DD, and does it come out flat?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2005, 10:13 AM »
I'd like to know more about this too... got a pic of the stuff?