Author Topic: tykrazen's customs 8/7 Thrawn, organa Solo, Luuke, Karrde  (Read 39031 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Republic....INSIGNIA!

:-*

I love you.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
Re: tykrazen's customs 5/21 Thrawn Collection WIP 11 of 12
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2006, 09:46 PM »
11 of the 12 figures for this set are getting closer to done -- here's a couple teaser pics of where I am.

Front Row:
Luke Skywalker Wayland Final Duel
Ralrra Kashyyk Guard
Noghri Warrior Kashyyk Assault
Clone Stormtrooper (with Removable Helmet)
Leia Organa Solo Kashyyk Assault
Luuke Skywalker (Wayland Duel)

Back Row:
Mara Jade Wayland Final Duel
Death Squad Commander
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Talon Karrde Wayland Assault
Lando Calrissian Wayland Assault

Not Pictured (because not really started yet):  Joruus C'boath

The concept behind this is what would a Thrawn Collection look like if Hasbro decided to realease one.  Figures were chosen based on playability as well as recognition.  Some figures were planned and dropped as I worked through the ideas.  Some that made it as far as parts selection included Han Solo - Wayland Assault, Captain Palleon, Garm Bel Iblis, General Covell. 

Most of these still have some work to be done on them, so more detailed pics will surface as I finish them up.

As always, I love suggestion for improvement.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2006, 01:31 AM »
Hey, great update!  These really look great together.  What a nice collection of figures from the Thrawn series, ones I'd be interested in seeing Hasbro make.

Seeing a Clone Stormtrooper is just great, and if I recall they aren't clones of Jango anymore at that point?  Looks like a good custom, I think you used a Bust Up helmet.

Mara Jade and Leia really are awesome, hard to suggest an improvement on those, or on Talon Kardde.

The one figure from what I see looks like if could be improved is the Luke, with his arms showing.  They're kind of bulky and his chest seems overly defined.

Also the Noghri looks like a little troll guy, but I don't really have any suggestions on what else you could do with him.

:)

Offline glorbes

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Glorbesworld
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2006, 12:42 PM »
That Mara Jade is very nice...I like it more than the officially released figure.

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2006, 06:28 AM »
I'm almost done with the next phase of the Thrawn Trilogy set, but since they aren't done yet, here's pics of my latest project.
I'm still cleaning up the paint job, but here's the WIP for my latest fan fic ship -- the T-Wing Interceptor.  Originally designed as a Police patrol craft, the design was modified by the manufacturer to meet the needs of the newly formed clone army.  The dual wing-tip laser cannons were upgraded as was the shield generator system.  Due to their speed and stealth systems, T-Wings are often used as a first strike vehicle.  This particular T-Wing was assigned to the 501st.

The base is a vintage GI JOE HISS Tank with Star Terk Runabout parts and lots of polystyrene.  It features opening cockpit and removable droid socket.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: tykrazen's customs 6/16 T-Wing Interceptor
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2006, 10:36 AM »
Well that's really cool Ty.  I love the color scheme and design.  The blue paint looks a bit rough on the edges, but still is a very nice addition to your collection.  Excellent use of a HISS tank.

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
Re: tykrazen's customs 7/14 Sneak Preview
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2006, 12:57 PM »
Here's a sneak preview of what I plan to post this weekend...

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2006, 01:03 PM »
That card looks outstanding.  You've done a great job blending the custom and real parts together.  I've looking forward to seeing this finished.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2006, 02:57 PM »
Looking great, and nice to see a new update from you!

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2006, 10:40 PM »
Echo from ffurg, Nice work tyk,
I like the customs on the back. Nice touch, i also like the book cover... A personal must for my cards.
It pics chosen are very dynamic. Adds alot of flair to the card.
Nice color choice on the boarder too. Works well with the images.

I would change the death star pic though. Make it a desert scene/ tatooine like scene. If my memory serves
me, he was somewhere like that right?

Great work

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2006, 10:20 AM »
Glassman,

I actually chose this scene because the Wayland Throne Room where the final duel occurred was very similar to the DS2 Throne Room.  The other option would have been either a Star Destroyer or somewhere brown/tan (which with his clothes wouldn't really work too well).  It's not perfect, but the bext I can do with my still growing photoshop skills.

Things didn't go as planned this weekend, so I have a smaller update than I planned but it's all new to you:

First up is Wolf Sazen from Darkhorse Legacy:

Head is a Jedi Council Screen Scene Eeth Koth with sculpted hair.  The Torso and arms are from the Evolutions E3 Anakin Skywalker .  The upper legs are from the Evolutions Darth Vader and the lower legs are from ROTS Agen Kolar.

Next up is the leader of the Imperial Knights, Antares Draco:

His head is from an E1 Ric Olie, the Torso is a ROTS Royal Guard, Arms are from the Evolutions Darth Vader, Legs from a ROTS Black Clone Pilot.  Green stuff was used for the sculpted armor and the shoulder pads are sheet styrene.

Finally a Legacy Era Stormtrooper:

The head is a gentle giant Bust-up Stormtrooper resculpted to match the Legacy helmets (slit-like eye holes, building up of the cheeks). Torso and arms are from a Saga2 Sandtrooper.  The torso sculpt was modified as well to match the new look.  Legs are from a ROTS Clone Commander (modified).

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
Re: tykrazen's customs 7/23 Cade Skywalker & Co.
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2006, 09:36 PM »
Here's three more customs... first up is Cade Skywalker from Legacy:

Head is a SAGA2 Han in Carbonite (with mods)
Torso is a SAGA Lando Skiff Guard (with mods),
Arms: ROTS Agen Kolar (with mods)
Trenchcoat: Cheepie Dollar Store figure
Legs: SAGA 2 Hoth Vader
Gunbelt: VOTC Han Solo

Next up is Joruus C'Baoth

Head: ROTS Obi-Wan Pilot (heavily modded)
Hands: SAGA Emperor
Softgoods: Jedi COuncil Screen Scene Agen Kolar
Bling: Pince John Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
Rest: ROTS Sasee Tiin

Finally Ralrracheen:

This is a repaint of a ROTS Wookiee COmmando with a few braids removed and a hand braided sash for him.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2006, 08:30 PM »
For whatever reason I'm not into Legacy, and the whole Cade Skywalker character turns me off to that era.  Still a nice looking custom however, especially the symbol on his chest.

I'm like C'Baoth a lot, I always thought he was a cool character.  Good sculpting on the hair/beard.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2006, 03:28 AM »
it's cool to see someone taking a stab at these new charecters and you seem to be doing a good job at it to! i really like the cade, the flowing over coat is awsome. i also like the wolf, looks good, but i suggestion, give the sculpted parts another once over, you can srill see the green parts. otherwise great customs, keep up the good work!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 7, 2006, 10:18 AM »
Final pics from the Thrawn Collection I worked on...  WIP pics and recipies should be back a few pages in my thread.