Author Topic: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?  (Read 85947 times)

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2003, 03:08 PM »
First time posting here!! Its great to see some regulars on this
form.   I took out some time to study the three troopers.  If you look carefully the middle clone trooper is rehash from the red
clone commander while the other two are newly sculted figures without articulation.  So it very possible that  the middle figure has the
same articulation as the red clone commander has.  These is still great
news on the diiferent clone colors ranks. Hasbro is started to go in the right direction!!!!!    It would be nice to see a Bespin Guard 3 pack
similar  to Clone pak.      

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2003, 08:02 PM »
Welcome Stan!  Have you posted at any other forums before, because I don't recognize your screen name.  

Hope you like it here, and be sure to post at the "Newbies" section if you haven't already! :)

:P  

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2003, 08:17 PM »
First time posting here!! Its great to see some regulars on this
form.

Welcome to JediDefender Stan.  I've seen you around RS from time to time.  Nice to see you've found your way over to visit us at JD as well!  Enjoy your stay...

It would be nice to see a Bespin Guard 3 pack
similar to the Clone pack.

Maybe not in similar poses to the Clones, but yes - I'd love to see a 3-pack of the Bespin Guards: the black one, Hispanic one, and a caucasion one.  We already got the Asian looking guy in the POTJ line, and that pile of horse crap that came with the Freezing Chamber playset doesn't even count!  I'd love to add some appropriate ethnic variety to my Bespin Guard crew.   8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Clone 3-pk... does it suffice?
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2003, 03:52 AM »
Mark at RS says that Hasbro may actually be releasing up to five different versions with a white, yellow, red, blue and green version.  That is indeed good news

Ebayer overlord307 has gotten his hands on a couple loose samples of the red and green clones - both identical to their plain white counterparts.  You can check out his prone red Clone auction here, and his kneeling green Clone auction here, including several pictures in each.  I still don't see much articulation on these figures.  If it's there, it's very well hidden!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2003, 04:18 AM by JediMAC »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2003, 10:52 AM »
They look cool and all, but I'm starting to get sick of the "action" poses.  I wish they would make some standing at "attention" like the bootleg Clone Troopers.
dustrho

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2003, 12:01 PM »
the prone posed trooper looks he might have head, shoulder and leg articulation, while the kneeling trooper looks like head, shoulder, maybe elbow and waist articulation. I agree that the standing one probably either the sneak preview trooper or the red trooper. Either way I want to get these guys! ;D
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2003, 10:05 AM »
Reports I read from the Hasbro event stated that articulation on these Clone Troopers was pretty minimal.  It was a cost-cutting measure, since these are supposed to retail for $9.99 each.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2003, 10:33 PM »
Reports I read from the Hasbro event stated that articulation on these Clone Troopers was pretty minimal.  It was a cost-cutting measure, since these are supposed to retail for $9.99 each.

That would make sense.  Not such a bad thing for army builders.  But they would then have to make the other necessary versions - standing at attention, marching, etc.  I wonder which is cheaper for them in the end?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2003, 12:14 AM »
$9.99 - for that price I'd say yes, I would like to pick these up if I ever see them at retail.

I have mixed feelings about the color rankings.  On one hand they are cool and ad variety to the figures, on the other hand they will cause me to purchase more...

Thats probably what Hasbro want's, eh?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2003, 02:56 AM »
That GREEN Clone rocks!!!!!

Man oh man my wife is going to be a tad mad when she sees the Clone Army I have established by the fall...  ;D

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2003, 10:14 AM »
$9.99!!!! is a steal!!! better than the army packs at $20 a pop...why don't they release all the army builders like this!!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2003, 02:32 AM »
This really is going to be great, isn't it Jedirhino!   :D

I just hope that Hasbro doesn't underproduce these.  It looks like they have a surefire hit here.  Practically everyone is going to want at least one set, and a lot of people are going to want a lot more.  Heck, I am sure I will drop at least $100.00 on these.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2003, 09:53 PM »
I love the picture of the green one.  Even with the limited articualtion, the $9.99 price point is going to make it hard to get these at first, as everyone will be buying more than one pack!!  
Beth

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2003, 02:49 AM »
And I am sure that Hasbro will goof and keep the production numbers on the Droid 3-pk and Jedi 3-pk the same as these.  There should be at least 3X as many Clone 3-pks produced as there are Jedi 3-pks, and 2X that of the Droid 3-pks.  

These Clone sets are going to SELL.  I predict they will be one of Hasbro's hottest Star Wars items ever.

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2003, 03:01 PM »
i can't wait $9.99 for this 3-pk, i'm sure i'll pick up more than one of these.