Author Topic: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?  (Read 85618 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2003, 09:47 PM »
Especially with the color variants.  These are going to be awesome.  

I've seen a prototype for a 4th Clone over at the rebelscum forums.  I wonder how they are going to do that?

:P
« Last Edit: May 29, 2003, 09:50 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2003, 01:22 AM »
Now that it seems that these have even less articulation than we had hoped for, what are your thoughts towards these?  Is this going to affect the number of sets you would purchase?  And aren't the guns supposedly sculpted onto the hands?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2003, 07:15 AM »
At $10 a pop, I still think you can't go wrong.  Especially if you open and make your own dioramas.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2003, 09:03 AM »
I agree...with the price being $10...who cares about the articulation...they become like little green army men  ;D

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2003, 05:29 PM »
Well, these things are at the very least articulated at the shoulders, because if you look at the packaged shots vs. loose shots, the arms are in very different positions.  So, that's okay.  If it's not more articulation than that, I'd probably get 3-4 as opposed to my original projection of 10 when I thought they might be well articulated.

I don't personally like the looks of that droid 3 pack at all.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2003, 04:30 PM »
Yeah, I'm not too high on the looks of the droid pack either, but for $10, I am sure I will get a few of them.  The Destroyer looks pretty cool, as does the Battle Droid, but I think they should have changed the Super Droid some, like make his right arm turned in a firing position like the one that came with the deluxe Yoda.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2003, 04:34 PM »
I'm disappointed in the Super Battle Droid.  I'm only getting one of these droid sets anyway, but they could have given him the firing pose arm.  

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2003, 01:32 AM »
Yep, the Super Droid could have (or should have) been better; I couldn't agree more.

Now that they are going to mix in a random blue Clone, how many kinds does everyone want?  This could get expensive!

I'd like at least two of each color Clone for these, and 3-4 all white sets.  Oh man, I am sure this will cost me at least $100 before it's all said and done.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2003, 01:37 AM »
This variant color thing could get bloody.  I was hoping Hasbro was going to do an all white set, then a variant all color set.  That would seem to not be the case.  I just really want one of each color, since I'm not going to build an army of these.  Hopefully they ship plenty of these, or the REAL Clone Wars will begin.   ;D

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2003, 02:00 PM »
I want a bunch of different colors. I'm thinking I'll buy about five sets, regardless of color. I wanted to get a bunch of Droid sets, but those are a little on the ugly side, so I'll just use that money to get more Clones.

I wish Hasbro would do something like this for Stormtroopers. Man, that would be sweet.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2003, 12:15 PM »
Yep, a Stormtrooper 3-pk would be pretty nice too.  I'm very happy with the CT Stormtrooper, but what the heck, I'd buy those too.

I personally like the droid 3-pk, especially if the red Battle Droid can stand on his own well.  If so, I will get a lot of those sets also.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2003, 01:34 PM »
For the price, I don't think you can really complain about the Clone 3-Pack.  I was always kind of hoping for a really articulated white version, or even repaints of the red basic version in the yellow, blue, and green colors.  But, this is a fairly inexpensive way to build up your army, and are especially good for diorama builders.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Re: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2003, 04:31 PM »
I'm disappointed in the Super Battle Droid.  I'm only getting one of these droid sets anyway, but they could have given him the firing pose arm.  

I totally agree with you.  With all the different figures having "action" poses, why the hell couldn't Hasbro give the Super Battle Droid an "action" pose?   >:(
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2003, 02:33 PM »
Yep, price looks good so I guess I'll be getting them for sure.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2003, 03:49 PM »
Will these still mix in well with the Preview Clone?

Anyone worried that the paint jobs on the different colored Clones might not be too great?