Author Topic: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?  (Read 85623 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?
« Reply #150 on: September 6, 2003, 12:31 AM »
Holy cow, tonight I decided to try my little customizing idea on these with a Green Clonetrooper.  I put his upper body on the legs of the Clone in the extended stance.  This looks so cool, I wish I had pics to show you guys!! :o

:P

Offline SiteC

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SiteC's Figure Collection Page
« Reply #151 on: September 6, 2003, 05:57 AM »
Woo!

I finally scored the blue clone set and the droid army yesterday and boy do those clones rock!!

I can't wait to get the other variants!

Hasbro needs to do more packs like this...stormies and scouties from the OT would rock like this!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 7, 2003, 01:31 AM »
Congrats on your find!  Aren't they just awesome!!!

I could go for Stormie pks as well, Scout Trooper pks. etc, etc, etc...

I ran across another Blue set today... somehow I managed to pass on it (maybe since it was $14.99 at Kay-Bee).  I think that two of those sets are enough for me; I really want a few more green sets though, many more all white sets and a few yellow sets when they come available.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2003, 04:26 PM »
All I need now is the green set (just got the yellow one at Target today).  I like these sets and am glad that they made diffent molds for the different color sets.  I loved the diorama that Hasbro had at Wizard World so I needed quite a few of the these to make my own smaller version.  Articualtion would have been nice but I'll take these guys over nothing at all.
Beth

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2003, 07:42 PM »
Nice find Jadesfire.

I found a yellow set the other day too; all I can say is this set is awesome too!  Wow!!

How many Jedi sets does everyone have?  I've got two of them now, and am going to customize one set.  I think that I'll pop off the head off the blue Twilek and make him another Nikto or something...

SilverZ

« Reply #155 on: October 1, 2003, 04:14 PM »
I'm getting paranoid about availability of all these. I've had spotty luck finding them in Southern California - would be interesting to see what people have found in summary since the first sets. This is what I've found to date:

1 Clean set
2 Blue set
2 Yellow set

That is IT, and I've been very diligent in my search 'round here. Its killing us here because there's a mass of launchers everywhere, meaning that demand for clones isn't being met, but they've been shipping plenty of the assortments. How is it everywhere else?

J

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 1, 2003, 04:39 PM »
I've been able to get the white and blue sets the easiest.  I only found 2 of the green sets (my favorite so far), and neither of the yellow or red sets yet.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #157 on: October 1, 2003, 05:38 PM »
I've had some luck finding these myself (or with the help of my wife), or I've gotten some in trades.  Here's my list of findings...

4 - White Clone Troopers
2 - Blue Clone Troopers (both thru trades)
2 - Green Clone Troopers (one thru trades)
1 - Yellow Clone Troopers (thru a trade)
0 - Red Clone Troopers
dustrho

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #158 on: October 2, 2003, 12:31 AM »
I got some Yellow sets the other day in a surprise find...

I have to say that, if it weren't for the "Ultimate Articulation" Clone I'd have a highly negative opinion of these.  For $10, the figures are very "cheap" so the real value is kinda relative.

I'd say you're paying slightly more than you should for this kinda quality though.  

Still, they're neat for what they are in one way...  I just sort of hope that articulated Clone comes in multiple colors because I'd hate for all my non-coms and officers to be these pre-posed "plastic army men" type figures.

Damned if the one guys hand didn't break too.  First figure I've ever had break just trying to loosen up the joint.  Oh well, no big loss since he's not capable of doing much else but point his gun anyway.

The one neat thing I found is the waist (2 points) articualtion.  That was unique, if sorta pointless.  Wonder if that ultra articulated clone has that though?  It has the same head articulation I can see in the prototype photos.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #159 on: October 2, 2003, 03:48 PM »
Well I should be picking up the new deluxe case from EE tomorrow morning, and I think that has the red prone clone in it. Its sounding more and more like I need to get more active in trading to fill in holes.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 4, 2003, 12:53 AM »
Has anyone besides me customized any of these yet?

SilverZ

« Reply #161 on: October 4, 2003, 08:17 PM »
If I could find some more, I certainly would! I have this goal of one day, sometime in the future, setting up a nice little workbench where I can customize and paint figures. Ah, to dream...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2003, 11:24 PM »
If I could find some more, I certainly would! I have this goal of one day, sometime in the future, setting up a nice little workbench where I can customize and paint figures. Ah, to dream...

Customizing is a lot of fun and is one of my favorite things about the hobby (especially making dioramas).  If you ever get into it, I hope you post some of it for all of us to see. :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 30, 2003, 04:59 PM »
Whoa, I found 3 more of the all-WHITE Clone 3-pks yesterday at a Target.  It looks like they are shipping again, this time with Durge Swoops.  Anyone else find more of these shipping?

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #164 on: November 30, 2003, 05:51 PM »
Chewie, I have noticed a lot of Separatist Droid Army 3-packs surfacing by me, but I haven't seen a single Clone Trooper 3-pack since they first came out.
dustrho