Author Topic: 2006 DVD Releases Thread  (Read 87309 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 DVD Releases Thread
« Reply #435 on: June 28, 2006, 09:07 PM »
Some one please stop me.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose
A History of Violence
Earnest Goes to Camp
War of the Worlds
The Crow

Please. Stop me.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 29, 2006, 08:12 AM »
Some one please stop me.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose
A History of Violence
Earnest Goes to Camp
War of the Worlds
The Crow

Please. Stop me.

Kevin

If you don't stop, I'm gonna tell great grandpa on you! ;)
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 29, 2006, 08:31 PM »
Why are you trying to prove me wrong, Rob? Honestly? I compared the two discs the day we got them in at my Hollywood, which was approximately 6 days before the release date.

***Note*** This film is the unrated version as opposed to the R version that ran in theaters. The theatrical cut was 107 minutes, while this cut is 108 minutes. I obviously failed to catch major differences.

That's because these handful of extended scenes is all that differs between the two. One minutes worth.

I'd be glad to take my digital camera to work with me this weekend and snap some shots of the back cover.

Amazon is wrong.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 29, 2006, 09:01 PM »
I'm not trying to prove you wrong, I'm trying to clarify multiple reports.

I don't see what your ability to look at the discs 6 days early has to do with anything though.

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 29, 2006, 09:13 PM »
I shared the run time information the same day I learned about it. I don't remember if it was here, but certainly on DVDTalk and KMC, and cleared up the misconceptions there.

Now that I've done it here, let's give it a rest. 1 minute difference, end of discussion.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 09:14 PM by Cory H. »

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 29, 2006, 09:36 PM »
I shared the run time information the same day I learned about it. I don't remember if it was here, but certainly on DVDTalk and KMC, and cleared up the misconceptions there.

Now that I've done it here, let's give it a rest. 1 minute difference, end of discussion.

Wow.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 29, 2006, 09:45 PM »
Wow.

Was that 'wow' in response to Cory's pre-edit or post-edit remark?

God forbid someone should look to the forum to discuss a bunch of different numbers that are floating around sites like Freezedried when Cinemaddict himself proclaimed his knowledge of the situation 6 days before the release.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 09:49 PM by Rob »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 29, 2006, 10:06 PM »

I'm God, so deal with it.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #444 on: June 29, 2006, 10:18 PM »
You guys should know better than to question someone who calls himself "Cinemaddiction."

"Cinemaddiction" is his ******* name.  His opinions--they're not even opinions!  They're more like facts.

Get it through your skulls, nimrods.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 30, 2006, 12:50 AM »

Post-edit, I think.  I'd love to have seen his pre-edit. 

Either way, wow.  Just...wow.

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 30, 2006, 12:51 AM »
FreezeDriedMovies.com is hardly an authority on movies. They're a fledgling subdivision of Bloody-Disgusting, which has been, and still is, notorious for leaking and providing false information on A LOT of stuff. I did share a couple of links to reputable sites that just prove what I've said, that there's one minutes difference. That's all there is to it, and I was half-way joking in the manner in which I said we should drop it.

What more confirmation do you need that Amazon is wrong? It's just silly to drive something so trivial to this point, which I never intended. You got your answer, no?  What more is there to discuss? Just trying to be helpful.

The run times are factual. I never present my opinion as anything other than that. Snake eyes.

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 30, 2006, 12:54 AM »

Post-edit, I think.  I'd love to have seen his pre-edit. 

Either way, wow.  Just...wow.

What? Why argue over something that I made blatantly obvious? It's pointless. As far as this "editing" bull**** defense that has been used WAY too many times; can I not edit a message to get across what I mean to say, without making myself look like a jackass, lowering my debating standards?

If it's a crime, then I'm guilty. My god. I edit messages. Find it hard to believe that anyone even saw, much less remember, what I typed in the ONE MINUTE SPAN in which I posted, edited, then reposted.

But then again, what do I know.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #448 on: June 30, 2006, 01:08 AM »
Cory H.

I don't get it.

Are you not as addicted to cinema now as you were just a few hours ago?

Are you going through some horrible, horrible cinema withdrawal of some sort?

Because if so, you've got my full support.

It's an awful existence, being addicted to cinema.

They have a help center for this sort of thing--I believe it's called the Harrison Ford Clinic.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 01:10 AM by Matthew »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 30, 2006, 01:20 AM »
You guys should know better than to question someone who calls himself "Cinemaddiction."

My username hasn't been "Cinemaddiction" since the first week of January 2006. But, if it makes it look like you know what you're talking about me easier to identify, I can always change it back.

EDIT: Had to make an edit because I forgot to put a space between the strike code and the word "me". End of discussion.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2006, 01:24 AM by Cory H. »