Author Topic: Animated Figs in TSC?  (Read 4228 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Animated Figs in TSC?
« on: January 5, 2006, 07:59 PM »
Just curious, how would everyone feel about Hasbro making an "Animated Clone Wars" wave within The Sga Collection?  Personally, I'd be all for it.  These would be in the animated style, not movie style figures of animated characters. To me, it would be no different than having figures from comic books and video games in the mix.

I think that there are so many cool figures, that this could be done often.  While I know were getting a "movie style" Muftak Jedi, I would really love a cartoon style one.  Figs like Snow Bunny Padme, Seasee Tiin in Armor, and Grevious' Body Guards would make great figures.  Not to mention Obi-Wan and Anakin in their proper Season 2 Jedi gear with the small bits of armour. Any thoughts?  It's been dead around here...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Animated Figs in TSC?
« Reply #1 on: January 6, 2006, 01:08 AM »
I actually lobbied for this in some other thread a while back.  I'd be all over it, cartoon or 'realisitc.'  The Clone Obi and Snow Bunny Padme are absolute musts.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: January 6, 2006, 03:41 AM »
I'm actually not into the animated figures...  For my $ I'm more a fan of realistic figure sculpts than the animated style irregardless of how true to the toon the figures are.  Not to be a downer to those who do like them though of course.  I just am more a fan of the 3.75" line and it having a unified look.

The animated line, kinda like all the other sub-lines at this point, I feel are just a negative impact on the basic/ultra lines that focus on the 3.75" figures.

For my money, realistic sculpts of the CW Toon figures would be graet.  Not the CW line figs, but more along the lines of actually looking as the characters did in the cartoons, but with a realistic sculpt.  That I would be all in favor for.  They'd fit iin as part of the basic line then to me.

The animated figs are cool in a way but just not something I'd want to see more of at this point.  Actually, after the 5 pack that had Ani and Assajj in it, I was really hoping more (and better) figures were on the way.  Those were really lame attempts but had glimmers of hope in them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #3 on: January 6, 2006, 04:34 AM »
I think animated style figs are unlikely in the future, too.  Scorch and Foul Moudama sort of put the kibosh on those (and though I applaud Hasbro for getting 'new' figs out in those recent CW DVD packs, none of them were ones we really wanted from the get go).  I'm not too bothered by it.  I'd take a 'movie' Snow Bunny Padme and be happy.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 6, 2006, 09:50 AM »
While I think the Animated figures are cool, I wouldn't want to pick them up just because there's too much product out there already. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 6, 2006, 10:53 AM »
No thanks.  The animated figures are cute but I've personally had enough of them.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 6, 2006, 11:18 AM »
I liked them and still do, but I fear the potential is low for future offerings.  I can only think of a couple I really "need" and that would be Obi in armor and snowbunny Padme.  I think only one of those has potential and that's Padme, but likely as an exclusive either at Target or SWS.com. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: January 6, 2006, 12:08 PM »
I liked them and still do, but I fear the potential is low for future offerings.  I can only think of a couple I really "need" and that would be Obi in armor and snowbunny Padme.  I think only one of those has potential and that's Padme, but likely as an exclusive either at Target or SWS.com. 

I agree - the only one's I'd really like that are left are Obi-Wan in Armor, Snow Bunny Padme and a nice 3PO/R2 set.

Of course, I'd take a Shaak Ti Palpatine and the rest of those Jedi who tried to save him too. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 6, 2006, 12:38 PM »
I agree with Jeff and Brent.  If they did make more, I'd pick them up, because I do sort of like the figures.  I don't need a big expansive line of them though, or for that "style" to ever replace movie accurate figures...but I'd take the few mentioned, specifically Obi-Wan w/Armor, Snowbunny Padme, and R2/3PO.  A few of the Jedi would be neat too, if they made them.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 6, 2006, 04:28 PM »
I'm against it, but if other people want them, fine.  But from my areas, Animated figures are pegwarmers.

:P

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 6, 2006, 05:08 PM »
I'm for it. Additionally I have foreseen that Hasbro will do this eventually anyway after the CW cartoon series spins off again..it's just a matter of when....I think final quarter this year or all of next (2007) year time frame

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #11 on: January 6, 2006, 06:44 PM »
Yeah, I believe that when the animated series hits, it will have its own line of figures that will represent the design of the show.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 6, 2006, 07:09 PM »
I'd be all for these figures.  I really like the ones we've seen already - granted, their articulation is basically non-existant, but I just enjoy them for what they are - nice little displays.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 8, 2006, 01:09 AM »
But from my areas, Animated figures are pegwarmers.

:P

Oh they are up here too, there should be no doubt about it.  Part of the problem here is the cartoon aired poorly and irregularly plus the toys showed up about a year after the U.S. saw them, so anyone remotely serious had already picked them up from an etailer, ebay or through trading.

I agree - the only one's I'd really like that are left are Obi-Wan in Armor, Snow Bunny Padme and a nice 3PO/R2 set.

Of course, I'd take a Shaak Ti Palpatine and the rest of those Jedi who tried to save him too. ;)

I'd buy more if they made another full wave.  Perhaps they could insert another clone color somehow?  And the droids, yes, I'd very much like those and think they would sell very well.  Perhaps another wave of six figures, packed two per case:

Padme snowbunny
Obi-Wan armor
R2-D2
C-3PO
Clone with green markings (was that in the 'toon?)
Shaak Ti

I'd be very pleased to see those released.  Sadly I would expect Hasbro would be doing something along the lines of:

Grievous x3
Anakin x3
Padme x1
R2 x1
3PO x1
Obi-Wan x3 (no armor) ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.