Author Topic: "Choke on that, causality!"  (Read 12934 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: "Choke on that, causality!"
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 06:47 PM »
Good news everyone...

I especially loved the last two q&a's

Are there any new characters being introduced in the new season that you’re excited about?

COHEN: Yes, particularly Nudar, the evil alien nudist. We’re not sure what the censorship issues are as far as showing unrecognizable alien reproductive organs. I guess we’ll just put it on the air and see what happens.

Well, until Nudar debuts, who’s your favorite minor character on the show?

COHEN: Hypnotoad. By the way, we are looking into producing a full 22-minute episode of Everybody Loves Hypnotoad for the DVD release. I am serious.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #16 on: October 9, 2007, 01:37 PM »

Coming to DVD November 27:

CLICK HERE FOR TRAILER!

and

Groening interview February 2007

"Crave Online: Are they really full movies or just three episodes together?

Matt Groening: We're writing them as movies and then we're going to chop them up, reconfigure them, write new material and try to make them work as separate episodes.

Crave Online: Can DVD versions be more extreme than the ones for air?

Matt Groening: Those are the marching orders we gave ourselves, yes, to really try to push it and do things we might not be able to do on TV. And then Comedy Central picked up the show and we went, "Okay, probably there's nothing we can think of that Comedy Central won't run" because I'm astonished at what I see on Comedy Central every day.

Crave Online: How will you turn those into episodes then?

Matt Groening: We are reconfiguring them and writing new material and narration and this that and the other so that they'll stand on their own as episodes.

Crave Online: Could it go on beyond that?

Matt Groening: I hope so. My guess now is that this is basically a season that we're in production on which is complicated because they're also DVDs, so that they'll probably wait and see how they do and then we'll get the pickup.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 06:22 PM »
Sweet!!  Can't wait to pick this up.  Thanks for sharing the "Good News" Nate.  Hopefully we can get a few more seaons of this show if the DVD takes flight.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 05:43 PM »
Anybody picking this up tomorrow?  I'm game and it looks like Best Buy has the best "deal."  Not really sure it's worth $17.99 as you can buy a complete season for $19.99, but I loves me my Futurama.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 06:21 PM by iFett »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 06:18 PM »
I'm gonna rent it.  Watch it.  Then buy it when it eventually comes out on Blu-ray.  I read that it was mastered from a high def source, so I don't have any idea why they didn't release it on Blu-ray from the get-go.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2007, 06:54 PM »
Who cant love Futurama its damn hilarious, I also like the Simpsons, Family Guy (is my fav), Drawn Together, American Dad and South Park.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2007, 10:29 AM »
Rented it.  Watched it.  Loved it.   ;D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2007, 11:46 AM »
Rented it.  Watched it.  Loved it.   ;D

Glad you liked it......Do you think it's worthy of an $18 purchase?  I still haven't picked up a copy yet.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2007, 12:26 PM »
Tough to say.  I'm holding out for a high-def version, but there's a lot that could happen with the movie.  They're recutting it for Comedy Central, so they might come out with a Volume 4 box set down the line with all 4 of the 90-minute films in episodic form.  So there might be a better package in the not too distant future.

It'll be very interesting to see how they recut it, since it was one cohesive, continuous story.

If I knew this was going to be the only version available for the long term, I'd buy it.  But there are too many possible configurations for me to commit right now.  My only reservation in that course is I hate not to reward the creators for bringing it back.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2007, 12:59 PM »
Thanks for the advice, I suppose it's worthy of a blind purchase as I still enjoy every single rerun on Cartoon Network and I'll catch a few eps of my boxed sets every so often.

My only reservation in that course is I hate not to reward the creators for bringing it back.

IIRC that's how Family Guy got put back on the air - because of excellent sales on the DVDs, so I couldn't hurt.   ;)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #25 on: December 2, 2007, 05:20 PM »
You won't believe the number of references they crammed into the movie.  Virtually every character makes an appearance.  They even included a reference from the video game, which is just ridiculous.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2009, 09:09 PM »
Not that anyone cares - but I see that another "movie" has been released today.  I haven't been keeping track after I got raped on the first "movie" I purchased at Target $19.99.  Bender's Big Score?  Seems like there's 3 or 4 more out there if I'm not mistaken.  It's a shame this hasn't been picked up again as I enjoyed this show much more than Family Guy which is also a FOX toon.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2009, 10:41 PM »
The Beast with a Billion Backs

Bender's Game

Into the Wild Green Yonder

I rented BwaBB first thing after I signed up for Netflix.  I thought it was fantastic... much better than Bender's Big Score.  Since The others are available on Blu-ray I intend to purchase them.  But I'm waiting a bit, hoping for a sale.

It's worth noting that sales of the movies have exceeded expectations, and there's a good chance they'll do more.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 08:47 AM »
Fox considers bringing back Futurama!!!

Actor Billy West, the voice of Fry, Farnsworth, Zoidberg, Brannigan and more told the audience at the Anime Supercon in Florida recently that due to the strong sales of the Futurama DVD’s, Fox is considering a 6th season for a show they once canned due to poor ratings.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 01:14 PM »
Cool.
This is the way.

I have spoken.