Author Topic: Group Project X - Clone Wars TV series  (Read 45644 times)

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
Re: Group Project X - Clone Wars TV series
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2006, 11:23 PM »
yeah, Power DVD is great - i use that myself too.

so i'm having a hard time trying to win a Muftak off ebay at a good price right now (inflated shipping costs) and i already have a Hammerhead so i may change to a Roron Corobb and possibly a Wolfman Jedi too. what do ya'll think would be a good Jedi torso for these guys?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 11:23 PM by darth_ripley »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2006, 09:02 AM »
I've got the following characters that I'm considering.

SaeSee tinn in clone armor
IG-88 Style Lancer Droid
Wolfman Jedi
Hammerhead Jedi
Snow Bunny Padme

Now, I just need to stop talking about these guys and start making them.

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2006, 11:25 AM »
I've got the following characters that I'm considering.

SaeSee tinn in clone armor
IG-88 Style Lancer Droid
Wolfman Jedi
Hammerhead Jedi
Snow Bunny Padme

Now, I just need to stop talking about these guys and start making them.

I know what you mean. I have all these ideas for customs coming out my ears...but i don't have the fodder or skills, in one case to do them. It's doubly hard since most of my customs are 12 inch.:(

a few I've been toying with:
Captain Typho- this was the one i was getting so excited about the other day, until i realized i don't have any red cloth for the uniform. I was thinking of using what i've got so far for my "Unnamed Padawan" Kitbash as either Quinlan Vos, jedi Luke (all i need is a head, which will be coming from a buddy in Ontario), among other ideas.

Snowbunny Padme (was thinking of doing this one before the challenge came along...ROTS Bariss Offee would be perfect, seeing as how she has the cowl thing already under her hood, just in black. Just repaint the face, and add the Arena Padme outfit (if available)

Season 2 Anakin- more or less just add the shoulder plate from Ultimate Anakin/Vader to his regular jedi uniform, only painted a brown/rust color, to match his robe, along with a cape. The gloves might be tricky to do, since the UV vader hands look more than a little like Lobster claws, the left one particularly.

Shaak Ti- heh...potentially the easiest one of the bunch...take a regular Shaak Ti, and just add a brown robe, and an electrostaff made from a bamboo skewer or even a piece of wire cut from a coat hanger

That's just a few for now...

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2006, 03:25 PM »
Richard, actually a battle damaged Shaak Ti with electrostaff from the end of season 2 would be a cool and different spin on a 12" ... and you could get a cy girls body that would be a cooler body with more articulation (less barbie-esque)  if i could find one on clearance at wally-mart for a good deal i would pick it up in a minute, but its gotta be a good deal b/c i am stretched pretty thin this month due to a bunch of house expenses.

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2006, 03:54 PM »
Richard, actually a battle damaged Shaak Ti with electrostaff from the end of season 2 would be a cool and different spin on a 12" ... and you could get a cy girls body that would be a cooler body with more articulation (less barbie-esque)  if i could find one on clearance at wally-mart for a good deal i would pick it up in a minute, but its gotta be a good deal b/c i am stretched pretty thin this month due to a bunch of house expenses.

The ROTS Female jedi actually have very articulated bodies...I haven't opened Shaak Ti, but i did open Bariss Offee (i only have enough desk space to open one) But, aside from not having feet on account of hasbro glued a post into the ankle socket, then glued the boots to the legs, and not giving them posable dooku style fingers, they're actually more poseable than some of the male figures i have. I have to say i was pleasantly surprised by them, despite calling them "jedi barbies" myself. I've heard from other forums all sorts of good things about cy-girls bodies, but i'm up in canada, so aside from this one place in winnipeg that sells dragon figures, i don't know where i would find one. 

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2006, 05:47 PM »
Hey cool your in Winnipeg too!
Didnt know you lived here, anyways I was thinking of showing my custom made clones in here if I ever get pics up.
I like em' but all you make them look like crap.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2006, 08:09 PM »
Didnt know you lived here, anyways I was thinking of showing my custom made clones in here if I ever get pics up.

Thanks Clone Commander! I don't really see what i've done that was so special, but hey, i'll take the compliment LOL. darth_ripley- I was thinking about how to go about making an electrostaff. I have a couple of tips from Phono plugs (big headphone jacks) and i was thinking about sticking them in either end of an ink tube from a ballpoint pen...what do you think?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2006, 10:04 PM »

Clones arn't allowed in this group project. Elsewhere is ok, just not in this thread.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2006, 11:12 PM »
darth_ripley- I was thinking about how to go about making an electrostaff. I have a couple of tips from Phono plugs (big headphone jacks) and i was thinking about sticking them in either end of an ink tube from a ballpoint pen...what do you think?

i don't know what kind of hardware/craft/hobby stores you have in Canada, but i would suggest some small hollow aluminum tubing for a solid and nice looking base for an electrostaff, along with the phono jacks or other parts on the ends of the aluminum. its fairly lightweight being hollow and i think would look better than attempting to paint a ballpoint pen shaft...although that would work too i bet. i've started experimenting with making 1/6th scale aluminum lightsabers so i'm kinda hooked on that right now.  ;)

here's a reference photo of the staffs:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/technology/electrostaff/img/eu_bg.jpg

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2006, 11:26 PM »
darth_ripley- I was thinking about how to go about making an electrostaff. I have a couple of tips from Phono plugs (big headphone jacks) and i was thinking about sticking them in either end of an ink tube from a ballpoint pen...what do you think?

i don't know what kind of hardware/craft/hobby stores you have in Canada, but i would suggest some small hollow aluminum tubing for a solid and nice looking base for an electrostaff, along with the phono jacks or other parts on the ends of the aluminum. its fairly lightweight being hollow and i think would look better than attempting to paint a ballpoint pen shaft...although that would work too i bet. i've started experimenting with making 1/6th scale aluminum lightsabers so i'm kinda hooked on that right now.  ;)

here's a reference photo of the staffs:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/technology/electrostaff/img/eu_bg.jpg

Heh...that's how i got into tearing apart the phono jacks...i had an adapter from an old set of headphones. It looked about the same size as Sidious' saber, so i figured, why not? So i tore one apart, then dug out a second one i had laying around and i wound up with one good lightsaber. The only problem was it was too narrow for the non-posable fingers to hold onto, but it worked at the time.  There are a couple craft and hobby places that i know of in winnipeg here, but what drove me crazy was trying to find a place that sells drink stir stix that were long enough to work for lighsaber blades. I managed to get some, but they're too big to fit in the hasbro hilts. They also have a square cross section instead of round. I was toying with the idea of cutting a piece out of a pop bottle and heating it, then rolling it into the shape i wanted (i really do things the hard way LOL) i may still do that because while i have a Qui-Gon Jinn in the box, i'm not about to open it just for one or two pieces.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2006, 11:41 AM »
Here's my WIP for a Wolfman Jedi (Voolvif Monn).

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2006, 06:53 PM »
well i lose. Hahahahaha  ;D great job BrentS

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2006, 09:57 PM »
I can't see! I can't see!  8)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2006, 09:38 AM »
Phruby, are you having problems seeing my photo?  Its working for me so I'm not sure if I've done something incorrect.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2006, 09:49 AM »
Now I see it. Very nice.  8) I like the use of the clone arms even though that makes him have really thin arms. Its like he has giant hands. I wonder if there is a wolf man figure out there in this scale that would work better. You could sub out his hands.