Author Topic: Zombie Movie Memorabilia Question...  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Zombie Movie Memorabilia Question...
« on: July 20, 2005, 02:28 PM »
Hey hey...

Anyone know where I could buy a copy of the "THE DEAD WALK!" newspaper from "Day of the Dead" (and other zombie movies)?  I know they sometimes give out reprints at conventions and stuff, but I can't seem to find a place selling them online, and ebay comes up empty as well.  I wasn't sure if there were some Horror Movie Memorabilia sites that might sell them or something...

Let me know if anyone has any ideas...

Thanks! 

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Movie Memorabilia Question...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 03:34 PM »
Your best bet is to go to www.AllThingsZombie.com and ask around. Tell 'em Famine sent ya!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 05:16 PM »
My buddy's with a group who are starting a local TV show called "Its Alive".  He's doing make-up effects for it I guess.

Anyway, Pittsburgh used to have a show called Chiller Theater with a guy called Chilly Billy that hosted it and stuff...  It was a late-night bad horror film show, it washosted, had skits and stuff...  This new show my buddy's a part of is trying to resurrect that...  I guess Chiller Theater was the first show of its kind, and their concept for their show is very similar but some modern twists too.

You Zombie guys would like the commercial they did for Phantom Of The Attic Comics here in the city.  Zombies attack the store's owner and stuff, all shot just like original NOTLD footage.  Funny.

My buddy's annoying as hell about talking about the show, but it actually looks interesting to me now that I've seen its website.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2005, 12:42 PM »
Hey hey...

Anyone know where I could buy a copy of the "THE DEAD WALK!" newspaper from "Day of the Dead" (and other zombie movies)?  I know they sometimes give out reprints at conventions and stuff, but I can't seem to find a place selling them online, and ebay comes up empty as well.  I wasn't sure if there were some Horror Movie Memorabilia sites that might sell them or something...

Let me know if anyone has any ideas...

Thanks! 

They first and only time I saw it was at the Horrorfind Convention in Phoenix. Most of the cast from Day of the Dead was there and they had a bunch of reprints. Charging like 10 bucks or something. I never picked it up and now that you mention it I wish I had.

Online I guess you could try to see if you can get ahold of KNB special effects(if they have a website, Im sure they do) and see if you can get a hold of Greg Nicotero. Im told he usually has a bunch of reprints of it.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 8, 2006, 10:22 PM »
I still haven't had any luck finding one of these...anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!