Author Topic: Hello...  (Read 6020 times)

Offline exjedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • exjedi.com
Re: Hello...
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2006, 01:19 PM »
P.S.  Really sorry to hear about that fire.  I've often wondered what I'd ever do if something like that happened.  Considering it's taken nearly 30 years to get to where I'm at right now, I couldn't even imagine trying to rebuild.  Did you have a special collectibles type of insurance policy, or was your stuff just under your normal insurance?  I've been meaning to look into the collectibles insurance for a while now, but have been too lazy so far...

You can get a more comprehensive policy that covers those types of items or additional collectible coverage added to a standard insurance policy.  There is also a company out there the sells collectibles insurance, seen them at toy shows, etc, but I don't honestly recall the name of that company right now...

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2006, 05:49 PM »
Sup my name is smartypants, but you can call me Adam ( either one works really)
 Glad you signed up, i probably wont run into you on the forums unless your a customizer, i spend about 95 % of my time at JD there so ttyl. :P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2006, 02:51 AM »
Welcome aboard Exjedi! I can relate to what you went through with the fire. Although our house didn't burn to the ground, we had to esentially rebuild it due to the extensive fire damage and lost many items. Miraculously, no one was hurt and my SW collection was at the opposite end of the house the fire started in. (This was in the early 90's when I was in college.)

The insurance info is very helpful as well. I need to to add that to my current policy.

Anthony
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2006, 02:30 PM »
Welcome aboard, sorry to hear about that fire.  I can't even imagine!   :(

:P