Author Topic: Latest vintage acqusition  (Read 9724 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Latest vintage acqusition
« Reply #15 on: September 6, 2011, 02:31 PM »
I think we're due to go to DM again, Ben.  :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #16 on: September 8, 2011, 12:20 AM »
I'll have to put some cash together. Seeing all those Joe vehicles there, I felt like I was in a TRU from 1986, and I really felt bad leaving that Tomahawk behind.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #17 on: September 8, 2011, 06:08 PM »
We should rescue the Tomahawk.  On Saturday.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 08:43 PM »
This doesn't really qualify as vintage per se, but I was able to finally pick up 2 of the 3 Herculoids Toynami sets on eBay this weekend.

Those things are typically prohibitively expensive, but a few went up recently that had low starting bids.

Perfect timing with the show just coming out on DVD, etc.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 11:01 PM »
1985 rulez.

Found some bargains on ebay too good to pass up. Ironically, both while I was searching for a G1 Bumblebee, which I did not find.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012, 09:50 PM »
Finally added another long-sought after piece to my collection, a 100% complete, working ROM Spaceknight figure with original box.

I had one of these as a kid but God only knows what happened to it. This one will hold a hallowed place in my collection. Has been high on my list of non-SW wants forever seemingly...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 07:37 AM »
Garage sale finds from yesterday - $70 for the lot of them.

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Bumping this thread up, hadn't really visited it before.  I think I mentioned it in another thread, but the combination of going through some of my old toys from my childhood (my parents were moving) and watching stuff like "Toy Hunter" has really gotten me in a vintage mood lately.  I've decided to start looking around and picking up some of the toys I loved as a kid, either ones I always wanted and never had - or just completing ones I do have (or getting better condition ones).  My first round of stuff arrived today, from BBTS.  I was able to pick up loose/complete Moss Man, Roboto, Man-E-Faces, and Skeletor (I only ever had the "battle armor" one as a kid).  I'm hoping to eventually get at least the first two waves of the old MOTU line, and maybe a few others.  Then it is onto some Joes hopefully (and continuing on my quest to complete the SW vintage line, which I'm a ways off from yet too).

If the modern line (for SW) ever did end, I think this is where I'd move onto full force with collecting.  It is just fun searching around for the vintage stuff, and it really brings back good memories.  Plus, there is a finite amount, so you can sort of just work at it as you choose.  I don't know that we have a lot of Toy Shows (or shops) around our area, but I think it would be fun to go to sometime.  My daughter loves watching Toy Hunter, and really gets into looking at/playing with my old stuff (Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain are set up in our basement right now), so I think it would be a fun family outing sometime.  Maybe we'll have to hit up that place in Des Moines that Darby and Ben mentioned earlier in this thread some day, that's not too terribly far :).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:15 PM by Brian »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 09:29 AM »
I'm getting more into the vintage toy thing again lately too. Haven't seen Toy Hunter yet but the meager offerings for the Clone Wars line this year was all the motivation I needed.

I sold off all my vintage MOTU stuff a few months back, and luckily never got into the 3&3/4 inch JOE line, so most of the stuff I am interested in is part of a very finite line, which is great.

I'm very keen on the Ideal STAR Team stuff, plus random weird stuff like the Manglors and Knickerbocker LOTR figures. (cha-ching!)

The best thing is, for the most part the 70's stuff is pretty affordable. It's just harder to find stuff packaged.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 8, 2013, 09:03 AM »
Bump. I finally scored one of my "grail" items last night on eBay...an MISB Blue Zeroid from the Ideal Star Team line. The Knight of Darkness and Zem are not to hard to find, even boxed, but the little Blue guy has been a real PITA. Almost all the ones that pop up are loose, and the very few I have seen boxed are either dinged up pretty good or just prohibitively expensive. The one I snagged was not cheap but a fair price IMO considering the rarity.

Still on the fence whether I need to pick up Kent & Cosmic Cruiser, but I think I'm good for now.  ;D

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2014, 08:21 PM »
Wanted something Blade Runner for a while now so I picked up a carded Ertl Rachael's Spinner. Package not in great shape, but it still displays nice.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2017, 09:44 PM »
Recently scored another Vintage Grail item with the purchase of a MISB JJ Armes Mobile Investigation Unit.  :D

Box has seen better days but it fits perfectly with my JJ figure who is also MISB in a somewhat shabby package.

Nice to have that one off the list.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2019, 04:43 PM »
Just bumping because I recently purchased the last figure I needed to complete my MOC Battlestar Galactica collection: Baltar.  ;D

Thinking Tron or Clash of the Titans is probably next up on my list...been looking at those for awhile now.