Author Topic: Latest vintage acqusition  (Read 9720 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Latest vintage acqusition
« on: January 13, 2006, 10:47 PM »
There's a thread like this in the Vintage section, but I'm going to make one for other older toys here.

I bought this one on ebay, and it finally arrived today...

Authentic G1 Soundwave

I almost swear it's fresh out of the box, since the joints are really, really tight. Alas, it didn't include any Cassetticons, but there's some reasonably-priced bootlegs of Ravage and Rumble/Frenzy making the rounds on ebay that I might pick up.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acqusition
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 12:08 AM »
Nice....My vinty Soundwave's legs are pretty loose.  I was meaning to pick up the Takara reissue along with Soundblaster back when they came out, but never got around to it.

I'd like to pick up some more vinty tapes myself but those suckers are too much for my taste.

I have about 80% of all the US G1 stuff and I think the "authenticity" doesn't really mean much anymore as a lot of it has been re-released and I'm sure they'll finish up on what's left within the next few years or so.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 12:22 AM »
Yeah, authenticity really doesn't matter, I just didn't want to use the word "vintage" again.  :)

I thought about buying the reissue of Soudwave, but sellers just want way too much for them, and Soundblaster isn't any cheaper, though I'd like to pick him up too. I just settled for this one. It cost about $60 shipped, which wasn't too bad.

I had hoped Takara would do Wheeljack and the Dinobots, but since the recent reissues have been from the movie-and-later era (Perceptor, Kup, Galvatron, and Blaster) I suppose they won't be doing them now.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 01:29 PM »
I recently bought the Action Force Command Centre.  Basically a 1983 GI Joe Headquarters repainted green and released in the UK and Europe.

http://www.yojoe.com/international/europe/afcc.shtml

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 09:42 PM »
Nice score! Soundwave, Starscream, and Megatron are my favorite Transformers.

I'm not too savy as to how much G1 Transformers go for, as I'm not into Transformers as much. Does anyone know how much a G1 Megatron goes for? I think I've seen it sell for ammounts in the hundreds before...
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 10:02 PM »
Depends on whether it's a reissue, vintage, or loose. I paid $120 for a boxed reissue in a long box about three years ago, and the prices for that are still about the same. Linky to a reissue. This one is a little low, but it's been opened and the stickers are applied. This is the version I have, with the box I can't read and everything.
The book style box (white box) goes for about the same or more, and if I was going to buy a G1 Megatron, that's the one I'd look for since it has extra accessories with it. Example.

Loose vintage can be had for around $50, if you don't get into a bidding war. Linky.

Boxed vintage is pretty much astronomical, IMO. Dig this auction. It's an American version, with an opening bid of $300. There are few Transformers I would pay that much for. I'd pay that much for a loose complete Fortress Maximus, but last time I checked, they go for more than $300.

I like this auction. If I had the money to compete for it, I'd throw my hat into the ring.

Megatron is a little easier to purchase than Optimus Prime. I've seen Hasbro's 2002 reissue get towards $200 MIB, which is insane. Takara's New Year Prime tends to get a little nuts too, as well as the white boxed version that's a couple years old.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 10:08 PM »
Thanks for the detailed info inadvertent imitation, I appreciate it.

I think I'm going to try to track down an original loose version.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 02:52 PM »
I was cleaning out my toy collection from my Dad's attic yesterday and found my G1 Ultra Magnus complete with the with the box and everything. My friend bought it at a garage sale 5 years ago for $2 and gave it to me since I was a big TF fan at the time. The only thing it's missing is the large left fist but I just bought a set yesterday on Ebay so I should be good now. This thing brings back sooooo many memories. I remember my mom buying my first one at Sears for me when I was little. Magnus is my second favorite after Optimus. Gotta love Prime. Which reminds me, I also found my TRU reissue Optimus MIB and still sealed. I have to crack that sucker open!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 08:49 PM »

1988 GI Joe Shockwave w/ full cardback.

I've been looking for this dude for a while. Most specimens were incomplete, and $15 or more. I found this one on BBTS for $8.

I was surprised when it arrived with the cardback. The description on the site said nothing about a cardback.

Yes, that's my hand, and yes, I got a lot of crap on my desk.  :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 08:49 PM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 03:36 PM »
Shockwave was always one of my favorites when I was a little kid. Unfortunately my original one broke many years ago and was all discolored from being outside in the sun too much. I had trouble too tracking him down, but finally got a complete one a few years ago for $5 IIRC.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 02:00 PM »
Sweet score on the Shockwave.  I bought one last year but I think he's missing his knife.  I got a file card with him but not the full back.

Over the last 3 years or so I've slowly been filling in some holes in my collection for 1985 and tacking on the 1986 collection as well as a few others here and there.  Maybe later this year I'll work on it a little more.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 01:08 PM »

Lot of Batman Forever stuff. I've been looking for the two-pack for a long time, and the Target exclusives are just icing on the cake.

Just won this lot on ebay today.  :)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2006, 10:15 PM »
I finally got a Captain Harris figure from the Police Academy line. My girlfriend picked it up for me on ebay, still waiting for it to arrive.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 4, 2011, 01:54 AM »
Old thread, but what the hell.

Recent vintage MOTU scores. Prince Adam, Moss Man, Gwildor, Man-At-Arms and the Wind Raider all come from ebay. Skeletor, Trap Jaw, Man-E-Faces, and Ram Man come from a great vintage toy store in Des Moines, and Darby hooked me up with the Horde Trooper.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 6, 2011, 10:59 AM »
Awesome IA, lmk if you are looking for any other vintage MOTU stuff, I have boxes of figures, vehicles etc I am looking to get rid of.

I have a few vintage toys I am still looking to re-add to my collection:

Pulsar
Shogun Warriors and Godzilla
ROM Spaceknight

Gets harder and harder to find this stuff on eBay complete and in decent condition.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy