Author Topic: Jedi Luke's Snap Cloak Pic Request  (Read 5888 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Jedi Luke's Snap Cloak Pic Request
« on: January 16, 2006, 07:24 PM »
Hi All,

I've been thinking of getting a Jedi Luke with the Snap Pin Cloak, but I'm having a rough go at determining whether or not the snap button is visible on the front of the cloak's right flap. Does anyone have a picture or can point me to a picture of the cloak that could show what it looks like when closed? I've seen several Jedi Luke's on ebay, but am not entirely sure if they have sewn or snap cloaks. Any help would be great.

Thanks!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi Luke's Snap Cloak Pic Request
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 08:06 PM »
I think Brent has the snap cape version, hopefully he will pop in here and help you out.  ;)

I have been looking for that version too but all in time.

Offline Andy_R

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 08:43 PM »
Sorry, I don't have a pic, but I don't believe the snap is visible from the right flap.

Personally, I'd like to know if anyone has any idea how to detect a snap cape on a carded Luke Jedi. 

Good luck in your search,
Andy

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 10:53 PM »
I'll see if I can find it Jason, it's currently boxed up in anticipation of the move, so I'm not sure how easily I'll find it. 

I do recall I got a good deal on mine, bit of a steal IIRC.  I bought a beat up carded Luke Jedi, I believe the notion was because it had a blue saber and I already had the green.  I did not notice the snap collar at all.  The item was packed absolutely horribly and basically the bubble that was already cracked (mentioned in the auction) was barely hanging on by more than 1/2" of plastic when it arrived.  An opener it arrived as, there was no choice at all but the bonus was the snap collar.  I had no idea it was that, so it filled two variations (saber, collar) at once.

Give me a day or two to look around....
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 11:14 PM »
Ok, I found them, pretty quick too, right on top.  Of the second box >:( 

Anyway, photobucket is down so I emailed them to Dale and he should post them once he gets hold of them. 

I don't think there's too much doubt it's pretty clearly visible, at least on the one I received.  It may just be the way the cape is on my particular figure though.  As mentioned above though, I sure didn't know it was coming so it wasn't readily visible through a yellowed and cracked bubble, but I'd think if you knew what you were looking for, you'd be able to see it fairly easily.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 11:30 PM »
Anyway, photobucket is down so I emailed them to Dale and he should post them once he gets hold of them. 

Ta-da!  :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 11:31 PM »
And now that he has, I'm thinking I should have moved over to the right more >:( 

Hmmm, I'll see if it makes a diff.

Yep, it does.  I have another pic if you want Jason.  I took the cloak off Luke and laid it out.  Sure enough you can pretty much entirely hide the cloak so you CANNOT see it's a snap.  When you have it in hand you can see the grey thread that holds the clasp on but I don't think you could see that in a picture. 

You can see the fabric on the left that has curled back in the picture.  I didn't do that on purpose, it's just the way the fabric lays naturally on my cloak.  But to no one's surprise, Andy is correct, the cloak can entirely hide the button.  Hmm, I wonder how many other ways I can find to say that?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 11:37 PM by Morgbug »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 11:54 PM »
This just in!  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 12:01 AM »
Sorry for the quality, but it gets the idea across and I'm lazy. :P  Because you can't tell, it's a pick of the snap cape from the side showing that it indeed covers the button entirely.

Offline Andy_R

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 12:06 AM »
Thanks for the picture and info, morgbug!

This is one of the most under rated variations IMO.
Very cool, and very hard to find. 

I have a 65a back Luke Jedi that I've always wondered about.
There is no way to tell.  It's tucked behind the figure.
Any ideas?  Metal detector?  Magnet?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 07:19 PM »
Brent, thanks for taking the time to take the pics (and thanks to Dale for posting them!). These help a lot, in that I can see how easy you can miss the cloak being a snap if it's laid down just the right way when someone takes a shot of it, as in your 2nd pic.

On the flipside, your 1st pic shows a clear cut example of how it can also be obvious as the two pieces of fabric are not as flush with each other as the sewn cloak.

Now to keep an eye out for this variant on eBay.  ;D

Cheers!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 03:11 PM »
Not sure if they make repros of this but I saw a loose one on ebay this morning for about $45 BIN that came with his gun and a blue and green saber.  Dunno if thats a good deal or not and was leary about it being repro because of the blue saber.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 04:38 PM »
Well the blue saber is entirely real, though maybe not in that auction.  I can't recall the exact procession from green to blue saber and non-snap to snap cape (or vice versa) but I'd be nervous about an auction with both sabers as well.  Besides, I'd need to get another Luke anyway to hold the other saber :-X