Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 364221 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1215 on: May 29, 2009, 11:42 AM »
I was just coming in to post that my Target had all their end caps set up last night.  No stock on them, but they were up.  Not surprised to see that they jumped the gun a little.  Wasn't tonight the TRU launch night for the line?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 29, 2009, 12:12 PM »
My local Target finally stocked.  Nice to finally see new product on the shelves.  BumbleSpud was pretty cool - never even seen that.  So it looks like two new endcaps.  One with nothing but an ocean of dlx Bumblebee and Soundwaves, the other mixed with voice changers, role play, leaders, and a huge red banner advertising Superion - but no Superion.  The Prime display on top looked pretty cool too even though one of his eyes was burnt out. TRU = tonight at 9 at select stores.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1217 on: May 29, 2009, 12:22 PM »
I found a sizeable display at my local WM. They had everything out already, with a sign up that said they wouldn't sell anything til tonight at 12:01 AM. I saw a Decepticon biplane called Ransack. He's so steampunk-y. I must buy it. However, I move tomorrow, so it'll have to wait until Sunday.

I didn't see any preview figures out in this display. I'm kind of disappointed about that, but I suppose Target or TRU will have them.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 29, 2009, 02:33 PM »
HTS.com is offering free shipping on TF figures with a $50 purchase.  Code FALLEN at checkout.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 29, 2009, 02:54 PM »
I stopped by our local WM this morning (which is undergoing a remodel), and they had all the Transformers stuff out the pegs as well.  It didn't look like they had the preview figures either, although I didn't dig too deep through the pegs.  I did pick up Sideswipe, because he was one of my favorites as a kid.  I don't know if I'll get a lot of the movie stuff or not.  I was tempted last time around, but ended up just getting the two Bumblebees (another favorite of mine), and the Target "Robo Vision" Optimus Prime since it was more affordable that the large one.  I had Ironhide and Ratchet in the cart a few times for the last movie before putting them back though.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 29, 2009, 03:10 PM »
What I found odd at Target this morning is all they had for deluxes were Bumblebee and Soundwave.  Probably 30-40 in the main aisle and another 50 or so on the endcap.  I'm sure they'll sell through, but they could have thrown some other cases out there to mix it up.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1221 on: May 29, 2009, 03:16 PM »
Is Jetfire part of the deluxe assortment?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 29, 2009, 03:47 PM »
He's a $44.99 Leader - won't be out till Aug/Sept I believe.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1223 on: May 29, 2009, 03:55 PM »
He's a $44.99 Leader - won't be out till Aug/Sept I believe.

I saw some form of Jetfire over lunch at Target but admittedly I didn't see the price or what class he was from.

Edit: It was the Robot Replicas version I think.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 03:57 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: May 29, 2009, 03:59 PM »
Are any of the new releases comparable to the MP or Alternator series figs?  Or is there a guide online for what these new releases look like?  I almost bought Ironhide last time around, but he was still too far of a departure for me.  Jetfire has always been one of my favorite charactors though.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 29, 2009, 05:47 PM »
Set date was pushed up a day

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 29, 2009, 08:31 PM »
I glanced through the toys at WM and Target tonight and while there's a decent volume of product out, the selection isn't really deep yet.  The only character that jumped out at me is Sideswipe.  Just cool looking in both robot and vehicle mode. 

Passed on everything for now.  I'm hoping for a sale around release time.  I might snag a Sideswipe.

E...

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 29, 2009, 09:38 PM »
I picked up the Deluxe Sideswipe this evening at Target.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 30, 2009, 12:19 PM »
I passed on everything, but so far of what's out - I want Sideswipe, Sideways, twin 1, and leader Megs.  You guys know there's going to be sales, right?

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: May 30, 2009, 05:41 PM »
I passed on everything, but so far of what's out - I want Sideswipe, Sideways, twin 1, and leader Megs.  You guys know there's going to be sales, right?

I know when and how much they will be @ Target. Im waiting  ;)