Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 363380 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1275 on: July 12, 2009, 01:52 PM »
Movie Legends have already hit the chopping block at my local Target (they were down to 3 bucks and change earlier this morning), so I'd imagine more of the ancillary things will be getting marked down soon, at least there.  Something tells me that Hasbro's going to start applying the ancillary reductionism to TF soon in the same way they did with SW (i.e. discontinuing non-core lines like Unleashed, Titanium, and Mighty Muggs and focusing on basic toys). 

Bumblebee aside, I'm not seeing the rush on TFs this time around as I did with the last film.  Even toys I would expect to be selling (like Voyager Prime) aren't really moving right now.  The only things that seem to come and go quickly are any Bumblebees, Voyager Starscream, Fallen, and Mixmaster, and, here recently, Sideswipe.  GOBS of Skids, Mudflap, Chromia, Barricade, the ill-advised Brawl and Smokescreen repaints, Ratchet, and Ironhide.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: July 12, 2009, 05:48 PM »
Picked up Animated Skwarp this morning at WM.  I'm such a sucker for seeker repaints.  Also noticed that Ultimate BB is on clearance at Target as well as the voice changer helmets.  They must be smoking crack but I don't care.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: July 15, 2009, 01:29 PM »
Encore: #19 Cassette Big Mission 3 Set

sigh...another purchase for me.  Been trying to replace all of my KO's cassettes and worn out versions with fresh crisp ones. 

I guess Skids is Encore #18...blah
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 21, 2009, 12:23 AM »
I am already preordered the third cassette set.  I really just want Rumble and Frenzy. I also haven't decided if I going to get the SDCC Soundwave. I already have the TRU Soundwave but SDCC comes with Buzzsaw and Ratbat.  I which you are going to be paying 50 dollars for Ratbat in the Misson City set.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: July 21, 2009, 01:50 AM »
I'm actually contemplating the SDCC Soundwave.  I don't have any version of him right now but have always liked the classic walkman version the best.

I forsee spending a bunch of money on HTS.com next Monday morning with the SW exclusives, this and I may go for the 12" Baroness figure as well.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: July 21, 2009, 06:38 PM »
I'm actually contemplating the SDCC Soundwave.  I don't have any version of him right now but have always liked the classic walkman version the best.

I forsee spending a bunch of money on HTS.com next Monday morning with the SW exclusives, this and I may go for the 12" Baroness figure as well.

E...

I'm in the same boat.  I'm considering the Soundwave as well, even with the bigger price point.  I don't have any version of him either, and he was always a favorite as a kid.  I pretty much just stick to the Universe/Classic Transformers for the most part since they tend to be cheaper overall and still look similar to the G1 designs I remember, but I might make an exception for this.  It all depends though, as I might end up spending a fortune online on exclusives between SW, DCUC, Marvel, the JLU Green Lantern set, possibly MOTUC, and now maybe Soundwave.  Some of those things might have to be passed on before it gets too crazy expensive.  Damn exclusives. :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 21, 2009, 07:08 PM »
I have a vinty Soundwave that I won off eBay with box and everything back in 02, but he's a tad beat up and can't stand very well so I'm biting on this to replace him and this is the start of my mission to replace all of my tapes.  I've been too lazy to pick up the TFC or Encore versions so this will fill in nicely.  I do have 2 of the TRU (double-door) versions and TFC Soundblaster as well, but one can never have too many of this guy. 

Soundwave is also the ONLY Mighty Mugg I caved on.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: July 21, 2009, 07:44 PM »
I have a question about the SDCC Soundwave, I've looked on a few sites but didn't find the info; is Soundwave made of plastic or die-cast metal?  The Hasbro press release says "Hasbro is re-releasing the original..." but never specifies.  The vintage figure is die-cast, yes?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 22, 2009, 11:12 AM »
The vintage figure is die-cast, yes?

His feet are.  That's about it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 25, 2009, 05:43 PM »
Picked up Bruticus this morning at Target.  Done now I am with the Energon series combiners.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: July 25, 2009, 08:56 PM »
I guess I haven't looked everywhere, but was there any new TF news out of SDCC?  I'm sure it is all movie stuff there as well, similar to the Joes, but hopefully we'll see a return of Classics/Universe stuff eventually as well.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: July 26, 2009, 01:09 PM »
Here are some highlights at allspark.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: July 26, 2009, 06:48 PM »

Very blah....not much of anything happening with Transformers besides pretty much all of the stuff we knew about.   ::)

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: July 26, 2009, 08:18 PM »

Very blah....not much of anything happening with Transformers besides pretty much all of the stuff we knew about.   ::)
I guess these would be low lights then, huh?  :)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: July 27, 2009, 10:34 AM »
Just put in an order for the SDCC Soundwave figure.  Also snagged the SW Luke figure but passed on Baroness, I didn't feel like putting in $100 order with HTS this morning.

E...