Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360109 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1380 on: January 28, 2010, 09:55 PM »
War for Cybertron?  Any takers?  Prime & BB look pretty nice for the most part, but Megs is a complete mess.  Sal? Bob? Carl?   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: January 29, 2010, 02:41 PM »
War for Cybertron?  Any takers?  Prime & BB look pretty nice for the most part, but Megs is a complete mess.  Sal? Bob? Carl?   :-\

Links please. I've only seen one that I recall. I dunno, I prolly will pass. Just need to ratchet (pun intended) down the old budget. I've only been collecting Movie TFs, with a RARE other TF. I'm not likely to get into another TF subline.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: January 29, 2010, 02:48 PM »
Here's Prime & Megs  Prime looks like a winner, but Megatron...um yeah...

I guess the WM Legends Devastator has been found in the state to my right (WI) so I might start hunting that down this weekend.  $32
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: January 29, 2010, 04:54 PM »
Here's Prime & Megs  Prime looks like a winner, but Megatron...um yeah...

I guess the WM Legends Devastator has been found in the state to my right (WI) so I might start hunting that down this weekend.  $32

Yeah, I'll pass on the WfC figs.

but wow anyone see that custom painted Devastator? (And yeah, I'll get the Legends Class one)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 04:54 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: January 29, 2010, 07:12 PM »
Wow!  Very nice!  I actually haven't seen that before and wish I was as talented!  I found Legends Devy after work, but he just didn't look like he was worth $32 IMO.  The only Legend type figs I have is the first wave of G1 remakes.  Never could find Wheelie, Hot Rod, or Warpath.

Offline poodachoo

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 2, 2010, 07:29 PM »
Ill start collecting transformers the day they release titanium or metal transformers. i own 2 plastic ones. meh.

(also the cop car if you unscrew the screws and open the engine compartment there is a miniature transformer in it or my one was a fault cause there was a plastic thing that stopped it from coming out)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 2, 2010, 08:58 PM »
Ill start collecting transformers the day they release titanium or metal transformers. i own 2 plastic ones. meh.

They've already done that back in the G1 days (and all the reissues) - not to mention Binaltech, and Titanium 3" & 6" formats.

(also the cop car if you unscrew the screws and open the engine compartment there is a miniature transformer in it or my one was a fault cause there was a plastic thing that stopped it from coming out)

Not sure if you're talking about the deluxe or HA version of Frenzy with Barricade.  Neither of which I have in hand at the moment.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2010, 08:59 PM by Carlos Spicy Weiner »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 8, 2010, 07:54 PM »
Found HA Barricade and two $30 MP Skywarps at WM over the last day or so.

Cobra Headmaster anyone?  Pretty!  Mikey likes...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: February 14, 2010, 01:11 PM »
With the new Power Core Combiners - do the drones that come with the Scout figure in the 5-packs also transform into robots or are they only vehicles or larger robot limbs?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 14, 2010, 09:36 PM »
With the new Power Core Combiners - do the drones that come with the Scout figure in the 5-packs also transform into robots or are they only vehicles or larger robot limbs?

They are only vehicles or limbs, they don't transform to robots. However, they are interchangeable with all of the other Power Core Combiners, so you can mix and match as you see fit.

I want to see some pics of these though... Not sure if I'll buy into this subline.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: February 14, 2010, 11:21 PM »
They are only vehicles or limbs, they don't transform to robots. However, they are interchangeable with all of the other Power Core Combiners, so you can mix and match as you see fit.

I want to see some pics of these though... Not sure if I'll buy into this subline.

Ok - thanks for the info.

I guess that means I'm out for this line. They are throwing around the term "gestalt" when it comes to these 5-pack Power Core Combiners, but technically they aren't since the limbs aren't made up of transforming robots.

This would be the same thing as calling the Armada (or was it Energon?) Optimus Prime a "gestalt" because he had those four drone vehicles that attached to him in a power-up mode.

It's for this same reason that I passed on the ROTF Devastator toy - the individual construction vehicles don't transform into their own robots. I will be getting the Legends scale Devastator though.

To me, this is almost like Hasbro/Takara being lazy. Oh well, it will definitely save me some money.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 15, 2010, 10:48 AM »
Outside of the HA Jazz, Generations Drift and Thrust, and (finally) the third Arcee bike from ROTS, nothing shown impressed me at all.  I was able to stay away from buying Transformers from 1988 until the Classics line hit in 2006 due to uninspired stuff like this.  The whole "Power Core Combiners" thing just rings sort of hollow, especially when you compare them to the G1 gestalts (and, admittedly, the Energon gestalts which at least transformed into individual robots).  All I know is that I'm going to be able to save a lot of money this fall when it comes to TFs.

On a happier note, I was able to pick up the day-glo Fallen at Target on clearance for five bucks (about what it's worth), and the Masterpiece Skywarp at WM for 30 bucks (and it's very nice; kind of makes me regret not getting a Starscream for myself last winter when they were relatively abundant here).  Also grabbed the HA Barricade/Frenzy set, which is very cool.  Even though it's a pipe dream, it would be nice if the HA line continued past Mudflap and Jazz, if only to get a decent Sideways with possibly "Alice" as the pack-in. 

And that Devastator custom looks incredible.  I wish I had some semblance of painting ability. :)

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: February 15, 2010, 12:30 PM »
Looking forward to the return of the Classics style and that HA Jazz is pretty spiffy too. But yeah, kind of underwhelmed by everything else as well.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: February 15, 2010, 05:07 PM »
I've been out of the loop all weekend so will be nice to find some time to dig up what's coming out.  Interested in the Power Core thing, but ya - need more info on that.   Glad to hear there's at least 1 new HA set coming.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: February 15, 2010, 06:01 PM »
You know fellas, pics of the new stuff would be great... Or at least links.

In the last few years whenever TF came around you could find pics a plenty. This is the first year I'm having trouble finding pics of the new stuff.

Not just SW, but TF, Halo, LEGO, etc.

All I'm asking is that if you're going to mention something from TF, could you provide a link to a pic (since you've obviously seen it), so the rest of us can ooh and ahh over it and contribute to the thread.

Most appreciated. (Oh and this was just posed as a question, no malice or ill will-I know it can be hard to read into peoples words on the net, and I didn't want you guys to think I was trying to be a jerk asking for pics or inks.)