Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360144 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1455 on: June 27, 2010, 02:00 PM »
Picked up the first wave of Generations deluxes earlier this week at my TRU, and they're, overall, pretty nice.  My only gripe is with the WFC Bumblebee, as he is extremely difficult to get to stay together in vehicle mode; the panels don't line up exactly with one another, and there are frequently "gaps" in the body where the panels meet.  He's great in robot mode, though; however, as I only have access to a Wii, I will never play the game, so I will also never know how accurate he and Prime are.

So, does anyone know if Hasbro is going to rerelease Classics Thundercracker now that they've confirmed Dirge as an eventual Generations deluxe release?  It'd be nice to have all 6 Seekers, but I didn't know if the Botcon folks still had dibs on Thundercracker in the US.

Also, how nice that Hasbro is giving us a repaint of HA Sideswipe, yet still can't get Mudflap back into the assortment.   >:(

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: June 27, 2010, 04:42 PM »
The Wii version of WFC is called Cybertron Adventures or something so I don't know if it's a different game entirely or not.  TRU has a BOGO half off sale this week so hopefully I can find that first wave of dlx figures at a decent price.  Thundercracker - I'd imagine Hasbro waiting for the next bootup of G1 inspired stuff and release him sometime after TF3 just because, but I'd love to complete the set...or at least give us Sunstorm.

Also, how nice that Hasbro is giving us a repaint of HA Sideswipe, yet still can't get Mudflap back into the assortment.   >:(

Wow - that's lame.   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 30, 2010, 09:42 AM »
So it's a BBTS exclusive.  Unless my eyes deceive me from the Botcon pics - I'm seeing different colors....and a higher price.   Oh well....Off to put my preorder in.   :) 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1458 on: June 30, 2010, 02:39 PM »
I had the Shark (arm) and the body but nothing else  ::) :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: June 30, 2010, 05:06 PM »
So it's a BBTS exclusive.  Unless my eyes deceive me from the Botcon pics - I'm seeing different colors....and a higher price.   Oh well....Off to put my preorder in.   :) 

They indicate in their shopping cart listing that they are waiting on updated pics with the correct colors. They also have a pic that shows a non-chromed sword and in their description they assure everyone that the sword will be chromed.

I looked over my original issue ones and they are in great shape, so I have no need to pick up this set, but if it was still missing from my collection, I would certainly be picking it up.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: July 1, 2010, 04:34 PM »
Looks like MP Roddimus has finally been confirmed via some cryptic text on "Sleep Mode" Prime's packaging.  No clue if it's Hot Rod or Roddimus Prime - or possibly both in one though....and ROTF Leader Screamer is also going to be an MP for some reason.

They indicate in their shopping cart listing that they are waiting on updated pics with the correct colors. They also have a pic that shows a non-chromed sword and in their description they assure everyone that the sword will be chromed.

I didn't even notice that during checkout.  Thanks Pete

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1461 on: July 1, 2010, 11:43 PM »
Man, why does everything have to come out in these two months? MP Grimlock, Seacons, Generations, plus the GI Joe Resolute sets are coming out this month too, not to mention Pursuit of Cobra. Oh well. Off to preorder some Seacons I go.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: July 4, 2010, 05:38 PM »
I found the HFTD Seaspray and Leader Class Movie Starscream at my local TRU today. Starscream looked incredible, but I'm saving for MP Grimlock, so I'll think about getting SS later.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 5, 2010, 04:25 PM »
I caved and picked up the PCC Arialbots and Combaticons last week with the sale + a Rewards coupon.  Haven't opened either set yet, but I'm just not sure I'm completely sold on this new gimmick.  Was just happy to buy something new.   :)

Seaspray looks nice as does his little buddy, but they're still kinda movie hybrids and I'm trying to stick to my movie rule the best I can.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 5, 2010, 06:51 PM »
I caved and picked up the PCC Arialbots and Combaticons last week with the sale + a Rewards coupon.  Haven't opened either set yet, but I'm just not sure I'm completely sold on this new gimmick.  Was just happy to buy something new.   :)

My Transformers collecting is pretty much limited to gestalts/combiners and when I first heard about the Aerialbots and Combaticon PowerCore Combiners I was pretty excited.

Unfortunately, I loose interest in the concept due to the fact that the limbs/drones do not transform into robots themselves.

If they had made it so the four limbs in both sets transformed, then I wouldn't have hesitated to pick these up, but since they do not, it's an easy pass.

Hopefully they will come out with some new gestalts at some point soon (and I don't just mean a repaint).
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 8, 2010, 07:51 PM »
I love gestalts and don't really mind the drone thing - heck I think Energon Prime is still okay in my book, but the more I look at Skyburst and his "team" the more hidious they look as does the Constructicon set images.  The Combaticons look pretty decent combined, but I'm reading bad reviews on the group sets and they can't seem to stand quite right so I may just call it a day and bail on PCC.  Haven't even thought about picking up the single scouts w/minicons and perhaps that's a good thing - never really cared for that class.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 12, 2010, 03:29 PM »
I love gestalts and don't really mind the drone thing - heck I think Energon Prime is still okay in my book, but the more I look at Skyburst and his "team" the more hidious they look as does the Constructicon set images.  The Combaticons look pretty decent combined, but I'm reading bad reviews on the group sets and they can't seem to stand quite right so I may just call it a day and bail on PCC.  Haven't even thought about picking up the single scouts w/minicons and perhaps that's a good thing - never really cared for that class.

Ick - so they aren't true gestalts, the drones don't transform and they STILL don't function very well as limbs that can support the powered-up combined droid?

Wow - these just became an even EASIER pass.
Peter

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1467 on: July 12, 2010, 08:16 PM »
Tonight on Pawn Star (on the History Channel) they go to some dude house to buy a lot of old G1 Transformers. Folks might want to check it out.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: July 16, 2010, 02:59 AM »
New Predaking reissue!

But damn, $180? Ouch. It's way cheaper than piecing a vintage one together or trying to find the earlier reissue, but still, ouch. Might have to wait and see if Hasbro rolls the dice on this one too, ala the Seacons.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: July 16, 2010, 04:37 AM »
I wish they would hurry up and reissue the Dinobots instead of another reissue of Predaking.  If the bootleggers can make dinobots then I would think Hasbro and Takara could make it happen.