Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360168 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1485 on: July 31, 2010, 02:08 AM »
Just a reminder too that the Q&A's due 8/9, and I send in early sometimes since the TF one and Joe I think are sometimes on Mondays and I'm not often home on the weekends till late and stuff (and since I don't like forgetting things, try to get Q's in early).

Glad you guys are enjoying the participation, we're happy to have it as part of the site.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: August 2, 2010, 10:02 PM »
Got my HA Mudflap from the far land of Canada today.   8)  Blows my mind as to why he wasn't in any future US assortments.  x3 BB  x3 Jazz.  Um...hello at Target.....hello?  Oh well....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: August 3, 2010, 10:40 AM »
I snagged a Jazz last night. Haven't opened it up yet, but it looks great in the package. The motorcycle transforms to a shield, not a transformer, but still looks cool.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 5, 2010, 07:13 PM »
I picked up Jazz as well - finally found one without scratches on the body, only to open it to find a nice deep scratch on the driver's window...Oh well.  Love HA figs, just not the pricepoint.  Hopefully the Nascar Wreckers get this treatment minus the scratches.

Looks like MP Grimmy & the new Animated duo have hit TRU retail.  Shame the dinosaur got a $10 price increase and I hope Rodimus & Ironhide aren't as hard to track down as Arcee was, but I'm sure it will be.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2010, 07:59 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1489 on: August 5, 2010, 07:54 PM »
Just another reminder, Q's are due 8/9, which is Monday...  I like to send them in absolutely NO later than Sunday night eastern time (IE: if it's midnight your time and your in cali, I probably already sent them in ;)).  If anyone has any Q's, post them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: August 5, 2010, 08:35 PM »
Jesse,

iFett can probably word this one a whole lot better than I can, but could you ask Hasbro about the status of a Classics/Universe/Generations rerelease of Thundercracker?  This is the last of the original three/six Seekers to not be released at mass retail, and although it was originally one of those BotCon exclusives (and presumably never to be considered for release), both Thrust and Dirge (who originated in the same set) have since been released as part of the main line.  So, there's a big hole on the Seeker shelf unless you feel like paying an arm and a leg to get one from the Japanese Henkei line.

(iFett, please shape this up into a comprehensible format :) )

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1491 on: August 6, 2010, 02:09 AM »
I got the gist of the Q, so I can edit that up fine.

Anything else?

I always just pull something out of my ass otherwise. :P

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: August 6, 2010, 09:31 AM »
That question has already been asked by a few sites and here's their answer, and I'm fairly certain they will give us the same answer as they do with all sites that ask the same sort of question:

Hasbro: That is a very good point and one that we are aware of. Of course since he is the last seeker that needs to be released, it makes a lot of sense for us to develop him/release him down the road. No promises on timing, but we certainly are aware of this.

I personally see them waiting for the next Universe/Classics/Generations reboot after TF3 to release Thundercracker just so they can dangle that carrot.  I'm still trying to find a resource pool of all the Transformers QnA's, but I've kinda given up.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: August 6, 2010, 10:02 AM »
That question has already been asked by a few sites and here's their answer, and I'm fairly certain they will give us the same answer as they do with all sites that ask the same sort of question:

Hasbro: That is a very good point and one that we are aware of. Of course since he is the last seeker that needs to be released, it makes a lot of sense for us to develop him/release him down the road. No promises on timing, but we certainly are aware of this.

I personally see them waiting for the next Universe/Classics/Generations reboot after TF3 to release Thundercracker just so they can dangle that carrot.  I'm still trying to find a resource pool of all the Transformers QnA's, but I've kinda given up.

Okay, scratch my question then, Jesse.  I don't want to clutter up our Q&A with redundant questions so early on in our participation with the TF team.  I agree with Mike, though, in that nobody seems to do a good job of collecting all the Q&As for the TF line so you know what's been asked and what hasn't.  I think we've been lucky with the SW Q&As since multiple sites (JD was the first! Woot!) seem to be keeping up with an archive of sorts (even Hasbro themselves).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: August 12, 2010, 09:27 PM »
I don't normally keep Transformers packaging outside of G1, but Hasbro went up and beyond with the 70's reflective cover for Blaster.  Going to keep this.  Looks like there was room for Rewind on the back of the instruction sheet, but hopefully I can find him from one of the Big Mission sets after all the fun dies down.  I already have a vinty version, but his head doesn't click and I dig the tape holders.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: August 26, 2010, 11:58 AM »
My Seacons just got delivered.  joy!   ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1496 on: September 8, 2010, 04:01 AM »
Heeeeeeey folks.

Time for another Q&A submission this Monday...  Get your Cybertron Defender Q's into the mix!  I really would rather ask what you want to know than what I want to know!  So help me, help you.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1497 on: September 11, 2010, 01:46 AM »
Bump...  Anyone?  Anything?

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: September 11, 2010, 02:59 AM »
I saw the TRU Grimlock a week ago and was very tempted but passed because I just sold off the Masterpiece Transformers I had.  I would reconsider Grimlock if I knew they would release all the Dinobots in Masterpiece size.  That would be awesome!!! 

I'm considering the BBTS Piranacon just for the new chromed sword.  Also could use the factory fresh shield/chest piece to replace the worn one on my original.

I sold off most of my Beast Machines, RID, Energon, Cybertron, 2007 Botcon and Classics/Universe earlier this year. 

I dug out my Beast Wars guys but they are too cool and I don't think I can sell anymore of those.  I did unload one but kept the rest.  In fact, I may go back and fill in some of the missing Beast Wars figures I didn't buy.  Some of those Transmetals look so nice and shiny.  I can't think of its name right now but that owl is very cool.

One Energon TF I couldn't sell was the Shockblast/Shockwave.  I started playing the sounds and operating the arm and forgot how cool it was.  He's standing proudly next to his G1 version. 

Now I see they are making bootleg Headmaster heads and those look cool. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: September 11, 2010, 11:11 AM »
Now I see they are making bootleg Headmaster heads and those look cool. 

Yup...My 10 Headmasters are shipping on Monday.   8)