Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358801 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1575 on: June 25, 2011, 02:57 AM »
My Transformers collection is limited to combiners/gestalts - I have all of the G1 sets and a lot of the stuff released only in Japan - like Dinoking, Liokaiser and Landcross...

Anyway, since they aren't true "gestalt" type combiners, I had been passing on the Power Core Combiner 5-packs.

When I was in a local WalMart this morning looking in vein for new Star Wars stuff, I noticed quite a few of those 5-pack sets in the clearance aisle, so I dug through them and I found a Grimstone/Diniobots set - I went to scan it at the price scanner and it rang up $10!!!!

I don't know if this is a chain-wide price (I had heard that they were being sold for $13 last week) or if just this store over-discounted, but the $10 price tag was too good to pass up so I also scored the Combaticons, Protectobots, Destructicons, Destrons, Constructicons and Rallybots - all for $70 + tax. Not bad. Definitely better than the original price tag of $140 + tax!!!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: June 27, 2011, 01:44 AM »
With Shockwave in the movie, maybe Takara will reissue G1 version like Devastator

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1577 on: June 28, 2011, 11:38 PM »
I don't think that's too likely- Takara/Tomy doesn't own the mold, if it still exists.
BTW, check your local Tj Maxx if you're still looking for Reveal the Shield figs. I just picked up Wreck-Gar and Perceptor at my local one, and was told more are on the way.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: June 29, 2011, 09:47 AM »
I stopped at a bunch of Walmart and Target stores on Sunday and found a lot of the Generations and RTS Deluxe figures on sale.  One WM had a bunch marked down to $3 each.

I found 4 Generations Thundercrackers at a WM in PA also.  I was kind of surprised, but it's an out of the way store.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1579 on: July 1, 2011, 01:16 PM »
A local WM did a reset on their toy aisle. They added GI Joe, Marvel, and DC stuff, which was great. They also got some new Generations figs in, so I finally tracked down Wheeljack and Thundercracker. Didn't see Warpath, but I could probably track him down if I tried hard enough.

It's kind of weird- I've been looking for those guys and the last wave of RTS for months now, and I find them all within a week.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: July 5, 2011, 03:51 PM »
After seeing the movie yesterday I stopped in Target and bought the Leader Class Sentinel Prime.  The robot mode is pretty cool but mine doesn't want to stand very well.  He's back-heavy and wants to tip over.  I was able to get him balanced but he looked like he was bending over a little.

The alt mode, however, was a huge pain in the ass for me.  I spent nearly 2 hours trying to transform him the first time.  I transformed him back to robot, which only took a couple of minutes, and tried a second time and it still took me nearly an hour because I missed a step and couldn't finish the transform till I figured it out.  Still, pain in the ass.  He looks pretty good in firetruck mode, though.  One panel on the front passenger side doesn't really fit well, but that's the only issue with it.

I got this on sale, $39 something I believe, and paid with my Target CC so I saved about $7 total off the $45 price.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: July 6, 2011, 09:43 AM »
Opened all of my G1 Robot Heroes yesterday and most of them had some kind of muck or grease on them.  No big deal to clean them off, but ya...muck.  Finally scored a decent price HOC set so will be ordering a crystal protector for Rodi and will need to find a way to dump the crap that is Prime.  Hope Sideburn clears customs some day.

I got this on sale, $39 something I believe, and paid with my Target CC so I saved about $7 total off the $45 price.

E...

There's a $10 off Target coupon for any leader floating around on the interwebs.  I'd try and find that if I were you.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: July 6, 2011, 12:34 PM »
Hmm.  Crap.  Wish I'd known about that before I picked up Sentinel.  I don't think you can get a coupon adjustment post-purchase and since I already opened it, I can't return it...and I'm not going to play the game where I buy another and return it on the previous receipt.  Besides, I think all my Target has left is Bumblebee.

But, in other news, kudos to K-Mart for being behind the curve in toy stocking.  After picking up Sentinel I had the urge to find a Leader Optimus Prime.  I didn't want to wait for the ultimate version coming later in the year so after doing some research I decided on the Rise of the Fallen version.  Local K-Mart still had a couple in stock and I was able to pick one up last night.

Now I need to pick up a Voyager Ratchet (probably get the Target exclusive) and I should probably look for a Leader class Megatron.  Anyone know if there's a DotM Leader Megatron coming?  Otherwise, what's the best choice?  The Revenge of the Fallen looks pretty good if I can track one down.

E...

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: July 6, 2011, 05:07 PM »
Ya you'd have to play the return and rebuy with coupon thing so I can see the hassel there.

Revenge of the Fallen Prime?  I passed on him initially and kinda really want one now, but all I see are the battlehook versions with black faces at Marshalls for $25.  I've seen plenty of Night Watch or whatever voyager black Ratchets there for $9.99 as well.  Great big mold - compare that to the new tiny DOTM voyagers.

Not sure on a Leader Megs from this movie, but Shockwave is in the pipeline for some reason.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: July 6, 2011, 11:46 PM »
The Target Voyager Ratchet is, I believe, the same as the TF1 version with maybe a different hand or weapon, and new paint job.  With the Target $3 coupon and the sale it's only about $14 right now.

I agree though, that the new DotM Voyager class toys do seem smaller than previous years.  The Shockwave looks decent but the rest are small.

Actually, a lot of them are small.  The Deluxe figs are on the small side also.  Crankcase, for example, is a big SUV in the film, they should have at least done a Voyager edition of him on par with Ironhide, but his Deluxe version is tiny.

E...

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: July 9, 2011, 10:56 PM »
A little off topic but I wanted to know if anyone here knows where one should go if they were ever in Tokyo or Hong Kong and looking to get TF Reissues at wholesale pricing or even vintage Diaclone's/TF's for low cost.  I know, I'm asking for a miracle but I find myself in a unique situation where I may be able to periodically get TF toys from Japan. I have a friend who will actually be in Tokyo next week. He goes overseas about every other month, sometimes more often, and it's not just limited to the Tokyo and Hong Kong area that he visits.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: July 10, 2011, 12:40 PM »
Register on tfw2005 and ask.  Lots of folk have been there over there and there's some folk that live there over there.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: July 17, 2011, 02:57 PM »
I just saw the new Hasbro Transformers Kre-O line at TRU - those things look pretty cool!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: July 21, 2011, 08:58 AM »
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11679789&prodFindSrc=rv

MP Rod was up for awhile at $59.99 but no longer....keep checking?  I'm sure that price will go up $10-$15.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: July 29, 2011, 10:54 AM »
The Kre-O sets are buy one get one half off today and tomorrow.  My son spent his birthday cash and grabbed Sentinel Prime, Megatron, Jazz and Mirage.

He is getting his tonsils out later today   :'(    (dang - having your kid go into surgery is scary as a parent) so he is going to wait on building them over the next couple of days for something to do.