Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360238 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1635 on: September 19, 2012, 01:30 PM »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1636 on: September 21, 2012, 01:17 AM »

Picked up the high-quality KO of Shockwave recently, and it arrived this week. Definitely better than an average KO, but still doesn't have the fit and finish that something from TakTom or Hasbro would have. Had to do some minor surgery on the left leg to get the foot to slide out, and there's a lot of mold flashes. I don't know if stuff like this is because it's such a flimsy design or what.

That said, it beats the hell out of paying $300 for a loose busted-up POS Shockwave on ebay.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: September 21, 2012, 09:35 AM »
Nice score Ben!  I picked up most of my G1 collection back in 02-04.  I got my Shockie for about $65 back then and he's minty fresh except for a tear in the hose - electronics still work too.  I bought some of the KO seekers and rodimus's and they're meh...  Did by a KO G1 boxed Swoop and was pretty impressed by him except one if his wing joints was too tight and now there's a small crack in it but it's not very noticeable.

Feel like an old man on tfw since most everyone there started collecting only after the movies came out.  Oh and scalping is very accepted over there - even the local mods flip stuff for big bucks.  I don't like that one bit, but that's how they roll.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: September 21, 2012, 10:18 PM »
Ok, stupid Transformers question time...but I'm really not nearly as familiar with all of the lines as you guys are.  I basically have my handful of Transformers from when I was a kid, then a handful from the "Classics/Universe" line, and then a couple of movie bots.  Anyways, with my recent focus on looking at some of my favorite vintage toys from when I was a kid, I've been paying attention to the older stuff now again.  I noticed that BBTS has a preorder up for the Commemorative Reissues of both Optimus Prime and Soundwave ($70 and $60, respectively).  Now are these just straight re-issues of the G1 transformers?  Also, is that a decent price for either of these.  I always wanted an Optimus Prime as a kid, and thought this might be a decent way to pick one up and not pay/track down an original one at some point.  Just curious if you guys had any advice or opinions on the reissued stuff.  I thought it was just what it is called, a reissue of the original toys, but wanted to get my facts/pricing straight before I preordered anything. 

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: September 22, 2012, 03:15 AM »
Sweet score Ben.  I see it finally show up.  I have been really thinking about this Shockwave and the Dinobots sets.  Is Shockie really good ?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: September 22, 2012, 07:27 AM »
Brian - not sure if it's a warehouse find or another run, but they're the exact same toys that have been reissued a number of time but in this case from TRU.  They're nearly sold out on bbts so might want to move quick.  Not sure of how many they actually had to begin with.

Prime's stacks are hacked and that just bugs me to no end, but you can find longer replacement ones online to fix that.  Soundwave has the double door - I don't mind it but might bug you.  I'd wager you can find them both cheaper if you put some work into it, but its really not that bad of a price especially considering today's increasing toy prices.

Look here for a recolored Soundwave, Blaster & 5 tapes.  That's expensive...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11566&mode=retail
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 09:12 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: September 22, 2012, 10:00 AM »
Brian, you may want to look into the Masterpiece collections if you're thinking of spending big money on Transformers.  They are twice the size of the vintage stuff, with improved articulation and sculpting.  I started looking at vintage a few years back when 20th anniversary Prime hit Target.  Once you buy one of these, it will be tough to stop.  Check out the new TRU exclusive Thundercracker for another example.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: September 23, 2012, 11:38 AM »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: September 23, 2012, 01:58 PM »
$100 is pretty outrageous.  Is this just the Anniversary version with a trailer?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: September 23, 2012, 06:19 PM »
It's a totally new smaller scaled MASTERPIECE PRIME..with trailer.  Takara version will run you around $240 so $100 is relatively cheap + he has unbutchered stacks!!

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: September 28, 2012, 06:15 PM »
I click on the pre-order and it say did not match.  so they must have taken it down. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: September 29, 2012, 01:41 PM »
Picked up the Asian-exclusive Generations Cliffjumper and Swerve at TRU today. Missed Springer, so hopefully they restock.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: October 3, 2012, 10:07 AM »
FORTRESS MAXIMUS!!

You didn't maximize the font enough, Mikey.  ;)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: October 3, 2012, 04:08 PM »
Wow. Bet they won't last too long either. Better make up my mind quick.