Community > Other Toy Lines

Transformers

<< < (347/352) > >>

Brian:
I didn’t end up getting any dinobots yet, but I still look at the vintage ones. I’d love to get those MP versions, but that line is out of my price range. I have picked up Skug (Slag) from the recent Power if the Prines line, and really like it, so I might try to get the rest of the original Dino crew there.

Speaking of that line, I saw the new Optimus Prime today at Target. I didn’t necessarily want to get back into collecting other lines, but I was very tempted by that Prime. It looked to be very well done, it looked cool, and it was pretty good size. Has anyone picked it up yet?

efranks:
The Power of the Primes stuff just started showing up at my Target in the last week or so. There are a few figures that look pretty good, including Optimus, but I haven't bought any Transformers stuff in a while. Well, scratch that, I did pick up a couple figures from the Transformer Club's going out of business sale. But nothing from retail.

E...

Brian:
For the more knowledgable Transformers fans, what do you consider the best modern Optimus Prine figure out there? I can't really justify the price of Masterpiece most likely, but I know those are pretty nifty. I have one of the commemorative G1 re-releases, but sort of wanted to get a nice looking modern Prime to have on display some day. Is there one a superior to others? I thought the recent Power of the Primes one looked pretty good, and I did at one time have the classics version which I thought was nice as well. Thanks for any advice.

JediJman:
If all you're getting is Optimus, I would splurge and get one of the Masterpiece versions.  You can probably pick one up off Ebay for around $75 or less.  You will be blown away by the articulation and (ahem) heftiness of the die cast parts.  There's a ton of MP versions out there, but I have the old MP10 from Target and it's still one of my all time favorite figures.  Yout might find this article from Siebertron.com helpful.

Ben:
I don't have the new Leader Prime from Power of the Primes yet, but there is a new theme dropping soon called War for Cybertron that's going to feature a Voyager-class Prime that looks pretty nice.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/07/13/transformers-generations-war-for-cybertron-figures-revealed-367323

It's a bit cheaper than the Leader Prime, so there's that.

And for something that's really up my alley, G1 reissues are supposedly returning to the US exclusively at Wal-Mart. I'd throw up the links, but the Wally website has currently taken them down. The bots available will be Hot Rod, Starscream, Devastator (!), and four minibots: Outback, Swerve, Tailgate, and Bumblebee. Robot Kingdom has them in stock now, and Big Bad Toy Store has Hot Rod in stock: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/75629
I would expect them to be much cheaper when (if) they actually hit stores. My guess is they'll be up for sale on Wally's website after Hasbro announces them at SDCC this weekend, but we'll see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version