Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358874 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #180 on: January 29, 2007, 06:05 PM »

Doesn't look as much as Primus to me as I thought it was going to turn out besides the wing things to some extent.

I ordered the Chrome long stacks from AgesthreeandUp.com and it has been over 2 weeks and still no stacks. I e-mailed them and they assured me that the product was shipped, but there is NO at my office that would have reason to hide/steal these from me.

Hang in there Ryan, hopefully they'll turn up.  I'm not sure how they ship, but I can't imagine the package/envelope to be very big so maybe it just got misplaced?

Oh, and word on the street is that the Commerative Soundwave has been showing up a retail.  It's about frikkin time!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 29, 2007, 06:21 PM »
Has anyone else pointed out the Stormtrooper and Vader minifigures housed in the translucent red parts of Vader's "wings"?  That just kind of jumped out at me a minute ago and I hadn't seen it brought up yet.

Also, is the Ultra Magnus vs. Skywarp Classics two pack supposed to be put out as part of an endcap reset at Target, or is it just one of those "try your luck" exclusive deals?  Also also, with Soundwave and UM/SW showing up at retail apparently, any word on when we can expect Devastator?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 29, 2007, 06:32 PM »
Has anyone else pointed out the Stormtrooper and Vader minifigures housed in the translucent red parts of Vader's "wings"?  That just kind of jumped out at me a minute ago and I hadn't seen it brought up yet.

Also, is the Ultra Magnus vs. Skywarp Classics two pack supposed to be put out as part of an endcap reset at Target, or is it just one of those "try your luck" exclusive deals?  Also also, with Soundwave and UM/SW showing up at retail apparently, any word on when we can expect Devastator?

Ya, that Stormtrooper jumped out almost instantly to me.  Ultra Magnus vs. Skywarp pack is part of the endcap deal at Target with the Ilum and Felucia battle packs.  Street date "should" be 02/04 if you haven't found a set yet.  I picked mine up last week and I have to say that I'm quite impressed!!  It shouldn't be too long before Devastator starts showing up....It's apparently shipping to Asain outlets, so it should only be a matter of time.  Assuming if any of my Wal-Marts decide to stock the damned thing!  :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #183 on: February 2, 2007, 03:09 AM »
Scored Cliffjumper and Ramjet tonight. Ramjet is pretty knockers. I hope we get the rest of the Seekers since it's dumb to only have half of them in this line. (Though we all know Hasbro and dumbness...)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 2, 2007, 10:44 AM »
Scored Cliffjumper and Ramjet tonight. Ramjet is pretty knockers. I hope we get the rest of the Seekers since it's dumb to only have half of them in this line. (Though we all know Hasbro and dumbness...)

Ya, I finished off the series yesterday with Ramjet.  Kinda sad in a way.  I've not heard anything about additional Classics products on the way, but HELLO!!  Hasbro - this is a no brainer here to repaint these suckers.  I just think they're done with the entire line because the Movie toys are going to be showing up sooner than later.  Who knows though what'll happen at Toyfair.  Hopefully they still have a few suprises up their sleeves.  I don't consider the Devastor repaint to be part of this line, but I'll still be picking him up if Wal-Mart decides to stock him.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 2, 2007, 04:46 PM »
Picked up TRU G1 exclusive Soundwave today.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 4, 2007, 01:18 PM »
Ya, I finished off the series yesterday with Ramjet.  Kinda sad in a way.  I've not heard anything about additional Classics products on the way, but HELLO!!  Hasbro - this is a no brainer here to repaint these suckers.  I just think they're done with the entire line because the Movie toys are going to be showing up sooner than later. 

That really depresses me for multiple reasons, not the least of which is we'll no doubt be seeing gobs of unsold movie figures for months on end.  I really wish they would AT LEAST repaint Starscream into Thundercracker so the original three Decepti-Jets would be around.  Instead, they'll start a new line for a new cartoon with uninspired and cheap looking characters that piss all over the old characters.  :-\

On a happier note, I found Ramjet and Cliffjumper at Wal-Mart yesterday, and there were at least 3 Grimlocks on the pegs (a real event around here, since he's been disappearing really quickly whenever he hits the pegs).  Still no sign of the UM/Skywarp two pack at Target, which is kind of distressing considering today was supposed to be the big endcap/reset day with the two SW BPs.  Oh well, maybe I'll have the time/money/energy to do a run to the next closest Target 50 miles away next weekend. 

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 5, 2007, 08:30 AM »
Just wondering if you ever received your stacks yet....

I was asked earlier and promised that i would get picks of the new version of Soundwave out. Here are picks of both...

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 04:48 PM by knashdx »
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #188 on: February 5, 2007, 09:22 AM »
yeah nice.

I saw the Titaniums/ultra version of Soundwave the other day and passed on it in hopes of getting this one.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 5, 2007, 11:29 AM »
I don't open my Titanium stuff up, but I hear that Soundwave is really lame, but Roddimus is fantastic.

Thanks for the pic Ryan!  Hopefully the operation on Prime wasn't too bad.   ;)  Is that a stand I see holding up your Unicron? I never did manage to pick one of those things up.  Does it work the same with Primus - or did you ever even pick him up?

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 6, 2007, 06:10 AM »
I don't open my Titanium stuff up, but I hear that Soundwave is really lame, but Roddimus is fantastic.

Thanks for the pic Ryan!  Hopefully the operation on Prime wasn't too bad.   ;)  Is that a stand I see holding up your Unicron? I never did manage to pick one of those things up.  Does it work the same with Primus - or did you ever even pick him up?

The operation was a success. Took all of 10 minutes and the short stacks were removed, and the long ones added. Agesthreeandup.com sends instructions with pictures so any guy can do the swap.

The stand is for my Unicron. I never picked up Primus so I wouldn't know how it worked with that. But if you are interested in getting one BBTS has them for $15.99 + S&H. I picked mine up when I had a huge order come in as I have the PILE OF LOOT option with them. It really helps to deter cost.

edit - Just fixed your linky - Jesse
« Last Edit: February 8, 2007, 02:44 AM by JesseVader08 »
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #191 on: February 8, 2007, 04:38 PM »
So who's all going to run around their neighborhood dressed like Optimus?  I know if it were a G1 Prime Helmet/Mask, Mike would be all over it...  :P

From Hasbro's Pre-Toy Fair Press Release:

OPTIMUS PRIME VOICE CHANGER HELMET

Our world will be changed forever on July 4 when an alien race of robots make Earth their final battleground in DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures' live-action feature film TRANSFORMERS. Fans of all ages will witness the legendary struggle of the AUTOBOTS versus the DECEPTICONS, which has captivated kids and kids at heart since it was first introduced to the world in 1984. The OPTIMUS PRIME VOICE CHANGER HELMET allows kids to "become" the AUTOBOTS leader hero, OPTIMUS PRIME, and sound like a TRANSFORMERS robot for the first time! The OPTIMUS PRIME VOICE CHANGER HELMET features 3 modes: VOICE CHANGER: Make your voice sound like a robot; BATTLE PHRASES: OPTIMUS PRIME speaks iconic phrases; CONVERSION SOUNDS: Hear OPTIMUS PRIME change from a truck to a robot and back! (Approximate retail price $29.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: June 2007)

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 8, 2007, 04:51 PM »
So who's all going to run around their neighborhood dressed like Optimus?  I know if it were a G1 Prime Helmet/Mask, Mike would be all over it...  :P

Yep, Halloween will never be the same at my house again....No more Darth Vader for me.

They also have a cool nerf gun thing coming out.  It's Optimus in his truck mode with cab, then you can "transform" it so it looks like your arm is his - with a gun.

Oh, and there's transforming sneakers (not seekers) coming out too, but that's taking this franchise a little too far.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2007, 05:09 PM by iFett »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #193 on: February 8, 2007, 04:55 PM »
Hey, my brother had Transformers Velcro shoes when he was little. So it not out of the realm of possibilities.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #194 on: February 8, 2007, 10:30 PM »
I had sandals with a silver Autobot logo on them back in the day, but they didn't turn into 'bots.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk