Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 365509 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #345 on: May 3, 2007, 05:36 PM »
Well here's Dreadwing err..Jetfire
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 3, 2007, 06:37 PM »
Yesterday, I got confirmation from the Transformers Club that they will fill my order for the convention set.  Over the past week I've been tempted to make plans to travel to the Con but I couldn't make it happen and I'm saving for the Atlanta GI Joe Con.  Also, all of the spots, except some by lottery, for the Hasbro HQ tour were full.  Also, the movie premiere during the Con sounded great too.  So in the end I just ordered the non-attending package.  Hopefully, they don't have Sunstorm as an attending premium or con exclusive.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2007, 08:54 PM by spiderpumpkin »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 3, 2007, 08:50 PM »
I saw the new movie protos at the local TRU. *yawn*

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #348 on: May 4, 2007, 02:13 AM »
Dang, no love for the protoforms here, eh?  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 4, 2007, 04:54 AM »
I saw the movie preview figures too and I didn't think they were that bad.  I'll probably pick them up someday but when they hit clearance.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 4, 2007, 05:14 PM »

Not really.  Especially after I saw a Masterpiece edition Starscream earlier this week.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #351 on: May 4, 2007, 10:51 PM »
We all know there is nothing like G1 !

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 5, 2007, 05:22 PM »
We all know there is nothing like G1 !

That doesn't matter to me.  I have almost all of the the G1 line except for the Pretenders and Micromasters.  I've embraced *most* of the other lines minus all the bugs and animals.  I've only picked up bits and pieces of toys from RID, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Universe - only the ones I like.  Not like SW where I feel compelled to pick up every piece no matter how crappy it is.  :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 6, 2007, 12:00 PM »

I like them.  I'm still not too happy with Starscream's legs, but I really like Prime.  I think I'm definitely in a minority, though, in that the movie designs that I've seen don't really bother me all that much.  I can see where they were going with the more "realistic" designs, although the alien heads on some of the characters are going to take some getting used to.  Just looking at the movie toys, though, I find myself wanting more than several of them just for the fun of it. 

And speaking of, does anyone know of a complete list of movie toys that have been announced?  I looked at Hasbro's list of wave 1 stuff (which I assume will be part of the first of June launch), but I've also seen photos of an Ice Man Megatron and the fighter jet Starscream, so I assume they're part of wave two.  Specifically, are they planning on doing more Unleashed outside of Bumblebee?

As for the Wal-Mart exclusives, I literally walked into Bizarro Wal-Mart on Friday while out of town.  Along the back wall of the toy section were shelves FILLED with display boxes of the SW Treachery on Saleucami packs, the Devastator gift sets, the two Alternators (Rumble and Ravage), the tubular SW Unleashed toys, and a lot of Titanium TFs.  Given how they never even showed up locally at all (which seems to be the prevailing sentiment given comments here), I was shocked to see such a large contingent of them in one particular store.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 6, 2007, 12:41 PM »
I'm a bit lazy at the moment but here's a list of what's coming out, but it's not complete as there's supposed to be some additional "drones" and all sorts of other weird things coming out.  I'm really looking forward to the Unleashed stuff + the cutesy GH style 2-packs.  Still on the fence about the $90 Bumblebee though..

Good find on all the WM exclusive stuff DP!  What a freak occurance.  I found ALT Ravage & Rumble a week or so ago at only one of my local WM's and they had a whole **** load of them - yet no other WM even in the next state received any product.

I'll say it again...I hate Wal-Mart.  I have a bad feeling that the Seacons combiner set is going to be out sooner rather than later and I have a bad feeling it's going to end up at that **** hole.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 11, 2007, 02:51 AM »
Optimus Prime Unleashed

Neat. Not sure about $20 worth of neat.

Robot Heroes in stock now at TRU.com.
Bumblebee vs. Soundwave   Optimus Prime vs. Ravage

I ordered both sets just now. Not sure if these are under the June 2nd embargo or not.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 15, 2007, 03:57 AM »
I really hate to make my chances of not winning one greater, but I have to let you guys know- Pepsi is currently running a TF movie tie-in where you enter codes for prizes. Normally, I wouldn't give a rip, but one of the prizes is this beauty:

Pepsi Prime, for us American fans.  :)

You can get started here.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 03:58 AM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 15, 2007, 12:36 PM »
Deluxe Figures now officially available at retail!

According to Hasbro:

Deluxe Figures now officially available at retail!

To coincide with the new Transformers movie trailer being released this week, we are now allowing retailers to sell all figures from the 81057 Movie Deluxe Figures, beginning immediately. All other movie product will keep the 6/2 street date. Please be patient with retailers as it may take a couple days for communication to filter down to store-level.

Enjoy a little taste for your huge Transformers appetites!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 15, 2007, 01:04 PM »
Good news!!  I'm definately looking forward to pick up a few of the deluxes + the leader class stuff when that hits.  I can't believe how much product will be out for this movie.  I quit hitting some of the fan sites as I'm just getting way too overwhelmed.  Not that I'm going to pick everything up, but my god....

Oh, and too bad Pepsi Prime has his stacks hacked....I'll stick with the Jap version - if I ever feel like buying it.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 15, 2007, 05:18 PM »
I picked up the new Transformers Generation 1 Guide by Mark Bellomo today.  Very cool book with a lot of great info.  It's set up the same way as his GI Joe Guide.